-new Script: Xai Corp Advanced Combat Project:V1.57a

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Wed, 12. May 04, 14:15

Kailric wrote:I just got done redoing the readme.

I seperate the files into different folders but thats not the way it should be:

ALL files except the /t ones should be taken out of the folders and placed into your /script folders.

The /t ones should be placed into your X2/t folder.

Should the X2script.xml be overwritten ??? they appear to be in all the folders.

DZorro,

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 12. May 04, 14:22

D_Zorro wrote:

ALL files except the /t ones should be taken out of the folders and placed into your /script folders.

Should the X2script.xml be overwritten ??? they appear to be in all the folders.

DZorro,
Yes, the X2script.xml file is just a file that will let you veiw the scripts in your browser. It has nothing to do with this mod , but came with the game. I put it there so I and others can more easly view the scripts. Double Click on a file and you should see it appear in your internet browser..now remove that file and you want be able to view them anymore :)
Last edited by Kailric on Wed, 12. May 04, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Wed, 12. May 04, 14:24

Kailric wrote:
D_Zorro wrote:

DZorro,
Yes, the X2script.xml file is just a file that will let you veiw the scripts in your browser. It has nothing to do with this mod , but game with the game. I put it there so I and others can more easly view the scripts. Double Click on a file and you should it appear in your internet browser..now remove that file and you want be able to view them anymore :)

Oke thanks, i will try it and will report back.

DZorro,

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 12. May 04, 14:38

Edit: removed link
Last edited by Kailric on Wed, 12. May 04, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Wed, 12. May 04, 14:45

Kailric wrote:I uploaded a combined version of the Player AI and Enemy AI so maybe there will be less confusion: I'll seperate them in the future if people would like that?

http://webpages.charter.net/kailric/Adv ... mbined.zip

Oke thanks, i'l try the combined one because i can't still get it to work, if i do it exectly like you stated in here i loose all commands except for attack my target, that's the only command, i can use for my player ship.

Since it does work well for you, then there must be something i do wrong.

DZorro,

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 12. May 04, 14:51

Edit: removed
Last edited by Kailric on Wed, 12. May 04, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 12. May 04, 14:56

I left out several files..hold up.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Wed, 12. May 04, 15:01

Kailric wrote:I left out several files..hold up.

Thanks, i was beginning to get worried there was something wrong, i still could not get it to work.

DZorro,

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 12. May 04, 15:12

Sorry for the confusion....late hours will do strangethings to your mind..I totally left out all commands for fighting. But here is the corrected and much larger version.

Edit: ( I have to head to work :( but I hope this version has everything needed, I know it works I just have to get all the files together..and there are lots of them. Be back this afternoon to answer questions.)
Last edited by Kailric on Wed, 12. May 04, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Wed, 12. May 04, 15:15

Kailric wrote:Sorry for the confusion....late hours will do strangethings to your mind..I totally left out all commands for fighting. But here is the corrected and much larger version.

Thanks, can't wait to rain havvok with my wingmen on the Other ships.
Keep it up :D

DZorro.

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Wed, 12. May 04, 16:07

Oke tried it, and works perfectly now great job. :thumb_up:
Took my wingmen on killer spree for pirate, this is the first time my wingmen won a battle without me interfering.

DZorro,

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Wed, 12. May 04, 20:13

Ok I'll try the combined version out now. What do I do with these "Extra Files"? should I dump the xml files in the Extra Files folder directly into the Scripts directory too?

and yes I really was hearing conversations between the Lunar Lander and Mission Control, it was weird =P

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Wed, 12. May 04, 20:22

Well, exact same problem =\

I did copy the "t" files into the "t" folder all 3 times, and copied all the script files into the "scripts" directory. I'm using X2 US version 1.3, and I have completely uninstalled the Massive War Mod and Marks_Patrol_And_Wingman_Commands_V3.1 for this test. argh!

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Wed, 12. May 04, 21:25

Shanjaq wrote:Well, exact same problem =\

I did copy the "t" files into the "t" folder all 3 times, and copied all the script files into the "scripts" directory. I'm using X2 US version 1.3, and I have completely uninstalled the Massive War Mod and Marks_Patrol_And_Wingman_Commands_V3.1 for this test. argh!
Did you use reinit script in the script editor ?? That should make the game renitialise the script and then it should work.

DZorro,

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Wed, 12. May 04, 21:34

Ok, I've been reading the Massive War Mod thread and discovered my problem: YOU MUST INSTALL THE 1.2 PATCH BEFORE INSTALLING THE 1.3 PATCH. estoopit mio! :oops:

Everything works just fine now!

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 12. May 04, 22:19

D_Zorro wrote:Oke tried it, and works perfectly now great job. :thumb_up:
Took my wingmen on killer spree for pirate, this is the first time my wingmen won a battle without me interfering.
DZorro,
Great!!! Just hollaz if you incounter a problem.

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Wed, 12. May 04, 22:52

Speaking of wingmen, is there any way to get them to follow at a greater distance? I've been flying around in my maxed out Mercury with a maxed out Discoverer as wingman, and it keeps ramming me while attempting to settle into formation! I'm so paranoid when that thing darts around me, sometimes the cockpit shakes and I see a flash of light zoom across my field of view, making reflections on the dashboard(cool effect, but it only adds to the tension and annoyance of getting buzzed repeatedly!)

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 12. May 04, 22:57

Shanjaq wrote: and yes I really was hearing conversations between the Lunar Lander and Mission Control, it was weird =P
That's part of the MWM by the way. You aren't hearing things. ;)
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Wed, 12. May 04, 23:17

Rats!! As I feared, it conflicts with the Massive War Mod... I can't start a new game with them both enabled.

If only there were a Conflict Crusher application out there, that would reroute commands around each other between mods, and perhaps alter the scripts so they don't stomp on each other's toes =\

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 12. May 04, 23:40

I have been meaning to check out the MWM...I haven't heard anyone say that have altered the fighting scripts so if there is conflicts its software upgrades.

But TAKE NOTE:
I have been checking out the mod Combat / Economy Rebalance v 1.0
by Burianek. In order to get it to work I had to uninstall the new combat scripts...start a new game with the mod, save my game first thing, quite out and install the new combat scripts..loaded my game and everything seems to be working fine now.

Maybe you could do the same thing with the MWM?
I don't know but if there is still a conflict it may be software upgrade related...and that can be fixed just by knowing what ref numbers are used. When I get time I will check it all out!

Edit: I edit the readme...

The software requires Flight Commands MrkI or MrkII
Once all software is install when ever the Fighter class ships (M3.M4,M5) AI engages in combat it will begin to learn, gain skill, in several areas. All others ships will still benefit from better defence but will not gain skill.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”