Galaxy Editor [25.06.2004]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dark-Sun
x3tc

erm

Post by Dark-Sun » Fri, 28. Oct 05, 16:38

i cant download this.. the link opens up an empty browser saying

Not Found

The requested URL /GalaxyEditor/download_en.html was not found on this serve

also i have java :)

Dark-Sun
x3tc

Post by Dark-Sun » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 17:19

this is great but eh when i make a map and load it up to play the sector names stay as the default x2 universe and al thats diffrent is the sectors and the gate waypoints.. so whats wrong? i have 1.4 english version with no mods and i also added bonus stuff and ai fix.

cheers

jaffas21
x3

Post by jaffas21 » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 21:36

i know these posts are quite old

but the link for download on the 1st post are dead

can anyone help me with a valid link

thanks

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 30. Dec 05, 21:47

Sorry but this editor is quite old and i don't think there's a link anymore. Check out the doubleshadow's editor here :

http://www.doubleshadow.wz.cz/index.php?p=download
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

skaut12
x2

Post by skaut12 » Tue, 9. Jan 07, 14:39

dein download fuktioniet nicht was ist los willst du nicht das andere diesen editor benutzen? :roll: :evil: :?:

DragonFly1102

Post by DragonFly1102 » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 16:36

does anyone have a copy of this they could send me pls???
(or a working download link)

baubsmyth
x4

Post by baubsmyth » Fri, 13. Apr 07, 18:45

You can find a copy for download at here. As far as I can tell, the program still works. I used it a few weeks ago to change some of the nebulae to different types. Though, unless you do some serious scripting, you will need to start a new game to witness changes.

Realspace
x4

Created A Random Galaxy For X3 Using The Editor!!!

Post by Realspace » Thu, 17. May 07, 14:51

Just to make all aware:

THIS VERY POWERFULL EDITOR CAN ALSO BE USED WITH X3 AND IT WORKS (AT LEAST THE FUNCTION "CREATE RANDOM GALAXY", which is the one I used)!! :o :o

I created a random map using the XeHonk's X2 Galaxy Editor and exported the file (.xml and .lang) into the map folders and started a custom game in X3. no problem at all. of course systems are sometime weird, stations are mixed randomly so are owners and races. sometime no planet is there. I checked and it depends by the fact that 2 very near planet were created and probably at starting a game the engine avoids crash by deleting conflicting objects. same happen with overlapped stations I could see in the editor but were not existant in the game.
The other good thing is that it is a very powerfull editor: you can even change description, sectors name from the editor self, all is exported into a .lang file).

I don't know if the author is still here :?

A universe randomisation work in progress can be found in this thread:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 1740a5acb2

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Sat, 28. Mar 09, 00:24

Link is down for subsoap!! :cry:

anyone have th file??
life is a bag of sock, most of them are clean but only one will take to stink out the hole bag!! lol

baubsmyth
x4

Post by baubsmyth » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 01:49

Try here! Also you may find many X2 files that seem lost in my X2 Archive, which is where the little "WWW" button at the bottom of my posts will take you.

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 04:25

baubsmyth wrote:Try here! Also you may find many X2 files that seem lost in my X2 Archive, which is where the little "WWW" button at the bottom of my posts will take you.
4shared corses my browser to crash every 10seconds, thankfully i have IE8 so i dont lose everything im working on but its a no go, and the other link dosen't load :( but thanks so far, i never expected anyone to still be here lol
life is a bag of sock, most of them are clean but only one will take to stink out the hole bag!! lol

baubsmyth
x4

Post by baubsmyth » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 23:08

Funny, the first link works fine for me. It leads to xehonks actual project page for the editor including download link. Try this direct download link instead.

As far as 4shared crashing on you, I'd check to make sure Java and flash are up to date on your computer. I can't remember which one their interface is written in. Also, have you tried using a different browser like Firefox? I use Firefox with up-to-date flash, java and shockwave player, and both links in my previous post work for me.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”