'The Big Mod' v0.15

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tensin
x3

Post by tensin » Mon, 12. Jul 04, 17:11

Do people want the X-shuttle mod included? I always though of it as a bit of a funny one like the enterprise mod.. more to show it can be done than to 'play it'
The x-shuttle can be added as a ware to a station with great ease... as the person saying "more ships", I'm all for it.. but if you don't do it, I'll do it manually... it's not like I have to modify TShips to make it go.

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Mon, 12. Jul 04, 17:42

tensin wrote:
Do people want the X-shuttle mod included? I always though of it as a bit of a funny one like the enterprise mod.. more to show it can be done than to 'play it'
The x-shuttle can be added as a ware to a station with great ease... as the person saying "more ships", I'm all for it.. but if you don't do it, I'll do it manually... it's not like I have to modify TShips to make it go.
not really keen on the 'enterprise one' but the X-Shuttle does work spot on with its new textures and spaced out lasers.

It's the alternative M3.
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

Howlingmad
x3

Post by Howlingmad » Mon, 12. Jul 04, 18:19

The_Rock wrote:
tensin wrote:
not really keen on the 'enterprise one' but the X-Shuttle does work spot on with its new textures and spaced out lasers.

It's the alternative M3.
My X-Shuttle is more of an M7. :D
What no sig or avatar. I wonder why?:(

rossheth
x2

Post by rossheth » Mon, 12. Jul 04, 19:50

Ive never liked the X-Shuttle.

Andypocalypse
x4

Post by Andypocalypse » Mon, 12. Jul 04, 19:51

@ WOMD i was just thinking that the other day it was when i realised that none of the races are capable of fear in other words if a race hates you if you fly into their sector they should all come out the stations and try to attack you :)
what i was thinking was well if you add a ship (say M0 :wink: ) that is ultra slow like 75mps and equip it with say 6 125 mw shields and 6 turrets with say maxximum of AHEPT and have this super wepon as a main gun but make the ship slow at turning aswell and able to carry say 25 ships then you would get a true sence that you have achived true power over all races (but allow say 1 per race)

Think death star only less round and big and more capital craft like :)

i would love to see this and i dont think it would un-balence the game as it isnt totaly invunrable (6x125mw) and its not too powerfull (AHEPTx12 2perturret) but i think the main gun should be more destructive say 1 shot to kill anything but takes 5 mins to charge and due to the slow turning of the ship it would be very balenced i think :)
Andypocalypse

rossheth
x2

Post by rossheth » Mon, 12. Jul 04, 19:52

Sounds good.

argon dragon
x3

interesting

Post by argon dragon » Mon, 12. Jul 04, 20:05

sounds an intersting mod, would like to try it, but where do i get it :?
it's only me

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Mon, 12. Jul 04, 20:06

Ok, the xshuttle's definately in, but in what context am not sure yet (military transport? alternative m3? Alternative m6 ??) .. and so's the SMHWOD..

Hows about 1 converted craft per race patroling that races home sector home sector?

Don't forget theres still quite a bit of stuff to do before we start adding ships and stuff......

Ohh screw the testing, Im off to mess with big guns and ships.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
For everything you ever wanted to know about X2,
and more......

[ external image ]

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 13:36

Update - Beta version have been sent out and initial results look good :D

Will start work on including the X shuttle tonight and will keep messing with the SMHWOD.

The SMHWOD did get me thinking though... its gonan be a very nice gun, but theres nothing suitable to mount it on... :cry:

Luckily I have just had an offer from 'scott' at x2source.com of his 3d moddeling services.... :D

"Super Massive Huge Ship O'Death" to go with the "Super Massive Huge Weapon O'Death" anyone???

Am gonna ask him to model up a split M0 to fit it to.. It sounds like the sort of thing the split would come up with.. :D

Any thoughts on the player buyable trading station? Should I include it or not?? This mod is already done, tested and working, it would just need including...
and more......

[ external image ]

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 13:56

"Super Massive Huge Ship O'Death" to go with the "Super Massive Huge Weapon O'Death" anyone???
I think this weapon should be montable on every M2 as main gun.

Firedancer
x3

hmm....

Post by Firedancer » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 14:03

marklaverty wrote:Update - Beta version have been sent out and initial results look good :D

Will start work on including the X shuttle tonight and will keep messing with the SMHWOD.

The SMHWOD did get me thinking though... its gonan be a very nice gun, but theres nothing suitable to mount it on... :cry:

Luckily I have just had an offer from 'scott' at x2source.com of his 3d moddeling services.... :D

Am gonna ask him to model up a split M0 to fit it to.. It sounds like the sort of thing the split would come up with.. :D
hmmm maybe I know of one..... (see incoming private message)
marklaverty wrote: Any thoughts on the player buyable trading station? Should I include it or not?? This mod is already done, tested and working, it would just need including...
would be nice if you could hire transports to buy/sell each like in a normal factory... either as a trading place, or as a stockpile...
(maybe with an option to add/remove wares to the list?)

Andypocalypse
x4

Post by Andypocalypse » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 15:27

marklaverty wrote:Update - Beta version have been sent out and initial results look good :D

Any thoughts on the player buyable trading station? Should I include it or not?? This mod is already done, tested and working, it would just need including...

well you could make a SMHWODF "super massive huge wepon o death factorie.... :D
Andypocalypse

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 18:07

I think this weapon should be montable on every M2 as main gun.
totaly agree.. but one problem... the laser mask in Tships and balancing.

Dont think anyone has properly figured it out yet... so to make the thing mountable on every m2 I'd have to change thier lasermasks to allow the fitting of ANY weapon, and thats not really in keeping with the game..

Think Argon Titan with three gamma Psg's in the front turret and you get the idea..... :cry:

Would also have to change the number of guns in thier forward turrets to only 1 aswell otherwise you could put 3 of them in there and kill anythng in the universe in one hit....

If however there is a new M0 that is the only ship capable of mounting it, it becomes alot easier to balance.

The m0 would be capable of mounting anything on its front mount front, and it would be a mount, not a turret and restricted to one gun only.

Of course it would have other turrets but probably the same type and number as an m1.

Needless to say the SMHSOD and SMHWOD will both be player purchasable.
hmmm maybe I know of one..... (see incoming private message)
got the message, will reply in a bit :wink:
would be nice if you could hire transports to buy/sell each like in a normal factory... either as a trading place, or as a stockpile...
(maybe with an option to add/remove wares to the list?)
You can! Either put some freighters on buy/sell best price and watch the money roll in or turn off "other races can trade with this station" and use it to stockpile. :D :D :D :D

by default it can hold any ware in the universe. (always thought trading stations hold a pathetic number of wares as standard)
well you could make a SMHWODF "super massive huge wepon o death factorie....
Was thinking more of an "Advanced Reserch Facility" that produces small numbers of highly advanced (eg expensive :D ) goods..

I dunno... things like Alpha and Beta and Gamma Kryon emitters (equipable in the m0's turrets) aswell as SMHWOD's ??????????

Am trying really had to keep the mod balanced, and if were not carefull people could easyily 'aquire' ridiculas ammounts of destructive power very easyily, love it for 10 minutes till they get bord, then never play x2 again.... which is the last thing I wanna do
and more......

[ external image ]

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 23:32

Bloody hell dude , it seems you got your work cut out...
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Tue, 13. Jul 04, 23:57

mmmmmmm M0.

Unfortunatly, if I have this right.... you wont be able to get an M0 for every race, will you? Since it would have to over-write existing TShips... and there arent enough slots fo this... are there?

But, the return of the Xenon M0 would be great, and makeing the Khaak m0 playable is something Id love to see.

If it is possible, hten you have to think about balanceing the M0. Is it under-balanced if it has no turrets and thereby can't actually defend itself? Or does giveing it turrets make it too Uber?

I like the sound of the Mod anywho! :)

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Wed, 14. Jul 04, 00:50

Right then.... something strange just stired in my copy of x2....... and it was big.....

"Reports are coming in that a heavily modified split capital ship, the likes of which have never been seen before has been spotted in family pride.

Apparently it has a heavily modified M2 and armed with a devestating new weapon also never before seen. The split government have confirmed they are testing a new ship design and more details will be released shortly..."
Unfortunatly, if I have this right.... you wont be able to get an M0 for every race, will you? Since it would have to over-write existing TShips... and there arent enough slots fo this... are there?

But, the return of the Xenon M0 would be great, and makeing the Khaak m0 playable is something Id love to see.

If it is possible, hten you have to think about balanceing the M0. Is it under-balanced if it has no turrets and thereby can't actually defend itself? Or does giveing it turrets make it too Uber?

I like the sound of the Mod anywho!
There are loads of ships that can be replaced and more than enough to give each race an mo. :wink:

Lets jut say, the other races are also belived to be experimenting with new ship designs too ... :D :D

will get the basics right creating new ships but still using the existing cap ship moddels, but when all ok will then start replacing the 3d moddels with new ones.
Bloody hell dude , it seems you got your work cut out...
yeah... but its fun :D :D :D :D :D

BTW: the new SMHWOD is a "Massed Phased Charge Cannon" and as soon as I've finished posting its gonna get fired for the first time.. :fg:

Initail specs sebject to change:

Basic technology = Beam Weapon
Shield dammage = 100000
Hull dammage = 100000
Range = think about 5km :?:
Energy useage = 60000
Recharge time = 60 seconds
and more......

[ external image ]

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Wed, 14. Jul 04, 01:45

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

X2 strikes again.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Got to figure out how to equip the gun in the M0 now as it's just not showing as mountable despite setting the laser mask in tships to "allow all".

Am knackered and annoyed and off to bed...

*mumbles something about 'x2' and 'crap' then dissapears*
and more......

[ external image ]

Rimes
x4

Post by Rimes » Wed, 14. Jul 04, 20:07

Well i've been testing this mod for 3 days now and thought it was about time I came on here and spoke about it.

Trading wise there is now alot more to do! the new illegal wares added gives you room for a lot more profit. As an example , Narcotics can be bought for an average 2800 credits per unit and sold to the various Hotels for an average 3900 per unit! Economy wise the demand for goods is now much higher, especialy for top end goods making fabs like 125mw sheild fabs viable!

With the changes made to the lasers combat is also different and in my opinion alot better! It is slighty harder to cap/destroy ships. I had to change tactics and weapon configs to make up for the changes.

On the whole so far this mod has improved all areas games for me and I can't wait for the finished article. :D

Oh and for those that would like to know, I tried it on a save game and a fresh game and had no problems with either. The game ran as normal and on the fresh start the storyline ran with no probs!

Of course this is just my opinion and it would be good to hear from some of the other beta testers in here to hear what they thought of it.

Rimes.

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Wed, 14. Jul 04, 21:44

Sure, where is the beta Mod at to try out??

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Wed, 14. Jul 04, 23:42

Rimes ->

Thats great news :D :D

I have had some reports of big time resource shortages from other people, did you have anything like that going on?
Sure, where is the beta Mod at to try out??
Drop me a PM with your E-mail and I'll mail it to you.

and more......

[ external image ]

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”