'The Big Mod' v0.15

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Fri, 16. Jul 04, 00:05

So you gonna add the Enterprise model then? lol
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Fri, 16. Jul 04, 00:28

was thinking of swapping it with the ufo??

What do you think?

BTW... The SMHWOD is a no go, due to restrictions on the laser mask in tships... :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... 357187cbdf

Will still do my best to include M0's though, just without a single massive gun. :D
For everything you ever wanted to know about X2,
and more......

[ external image ]

Rimes
x4

Post by Rimes » Fri, 16. Jul 04, 00:50

I have had some reports of big time resource shortages from other people, did you have anything like that going on?
There was shortages yes, which mostly meant that the fabs that I built were constantly sold out! Which in a way is a good thing.

The economy as it is with the mod is good and should stay as it is. I think the the best way to combat it is to identify the worst areas and add some more npc fabs to compensate.

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Fri, 16. Jul 04, 00:56

marklaverty wrote:

What do you think?

BTW... The SMHWOD is a no go, due to restrictions on the laser mask in tships... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Will still do my best to include M0's though, just without a single massive gun. :D
Idea:

Why not let them equip the Gamma Kryon Emmiter? i.e. X2's super mega death thingie? if Im correct only the khaak M0 can equip it... and the Khaak m0 doesnt do much except in cut scenes right? so, you could up the power of it, couldnt you? And use it? It already looks the part.

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Fri, 16. Jul 04, 01:00

marklaverty wrote:

What do you think?

It's your call really dude.
As long as the ship handles ok in X2 it's fine by me.. :thumb_up:
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Fri, 16. Jul 04, 01:18

There was shortages yes, which mostly meant that the fabs that I built were constantly sold out! Which in a way is a good thing.

The economy as it is with the mod is good and should stay as it is. I think the the best way to combat it is to identify the worst areas and add some more npc fabs to compensate.
Have been looking more closely at this and have a new version with

a) more basic resourch fabs
b) slightly less demand for top end goods

Should be a bit more balanced but still enough to keep those high end fabs printing money :D

Will post a link to the new version in a day or so so anyone can download it and have a look.
Why not let them equip the Gamma Kryon Emmiter? i.e. X2's super mega death thingie? if Im correct only the khaak M0 can equip it... and the Khaak m0 doesnt do much except in cut scenes right? so, you could up the power of it, couldnt you? And use it? It already looks the part.
thats a good idea :idea:

Will try equiping more shields, and three gamma kryon emitters into the front mount (not turret slot ) on an m2 and seeing what happens :wink:

I know m2's don't have front mounts, so am gonna add em :wink:
It's your call really dude.
As long as the ship handles ok in X2 it's fine by me..
Was just gonna swap the 3d moddels over so instead of having ufo's behaving like ufo's we'll have enterprise behaving like a ufo. :D
and more......

[ external image ]

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Fri, 16. Jul 04, 13:00

Ok everyone, its ready!! :D

go to http://www.marks-website.co.uk/Downloads.html and click on the 'the big mod' button.

The trade in illegal good, hotels, scrap yards, npc miners and combat seems to be working fine. Need to concentrate on the longer term effects on the econemy (3-4 hours on 10x seta)

I did a couple of runs last night and all seemed ok. :D

let me know how it goes.

PS next I'm gonna add in a fully working, trades with every ware in the universe, player purchasable trading station.

Won't be anywhere near the fun of the x2 community mod (ds9 in x2), but it'll at least give everyone a 'propper' HQ they can buy.
and more......

[ external image ]

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Fri, 16. Jul 04, 17:32

Cool!

How'd the Gamma Kryons work out?

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Fri, 16. Jul 04, 19:02

Cool!

How'd the Gamma Kryons work out?
I can fit em to ships that bits ok. Just got to develop the ships to fit em too now (efectively an M0 class) as well as factories to produce em.

ps.. as patch 1.4 includes player purchasable equip and trade docks I'll leave the hq out.
and more......

[ external image ]

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Sat, 17. Jul 04, 06:39

It will have to be changed some for 1.4. Example the Laser Tower weapon is stronger now with Tbullets and TLaser.

Alot of small changes done to alot of the T files with 1.4. Just need to look them over.

Slugworm X
x3

Post by Slugworm X » Sun, 18. Jul 04, 07:46

Hi,

Problem with names:

Slot 1 and Slot 2 command names change to ReadText when 440001 and 440002 are used.
Plankton Farm also loses its name.

SlugwormX

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Sun, 18. Jul 04, 14:13

Thanks for teh bug reports :wink:

Have new version (v0.13)going up at http://www.marks-website.co.uk later tonight that has been reworked to work with 1.4 :wink:

Latest developments..... Kryptic has offered to make a custom map so eventualy if you start a new game you'll be able to buy most of the new factories.

The Split now have a new heavy destroyer, the split cobra, which can be seen patroling split space and will be purchasable with the new map installed.

The boron have just developed a new torpedo... and it makes a very big bang.. Its expensive but its what the hornet should have been.

It is currently only fittable into the Boron baracuda, and it is big so only a few can be carried... and yes you guessed it.. its expensive( but with 100000 shield dammage and 1000 hull dammage its worth it)

The scientists of the other races are also reported to be actively developing new technologies. :wink:
and more......

[ external image ]

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Sun, 18. Jul 04, 19:20

Sounds coo' whats this Cobra lik? is it what the Python should have been?

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 14:54

Sounds coo' whats this Cobra lik? is it what the Python should have been?
Big, ugly and mean.... :D

18 GPPC's, 7x 125mw shields... 15000mw generator and a top speed of 160m/s

Don't expect to get anything else in the hold though with 18GPPC's on board.. :P
The boron have just developed a new torpedo... and it makes a very big bang.. Its expensive but its what the hornet should have been.
I've been testing this and have now set it to 150,000 shield dammage.

Have also made it quicker but less manuverable so it is more like a rocket than a guided missile..
and more......

[ external image ]

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Mon, 19. Jul 04, 23:48

right then, version 0.14 has just gone up at http://www.marks-website.co.uk/Downloads.html and have updated the fist post in this thread with the readme.

I'm gonna stop work for a few days untill I get some more feed back as to how its runnning. :wink:

could also do with some extra ideas as to what you want next :gruebel:
and more......

[ external image ]

argon dragon
x3

interested in testing

Post by argon dragon » Tue, 20. Jul 04, 15:57

ok, where do i get this mod for testing
it's only me

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Tue, 20. Jul 04, 16:03

right then, version 0.14 has just gone up at http://www.marks-website.co.uk/Downloads.html

:P
and more......

[ external image ]

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Wed, 21. Jul 04, 11:51

IMPORTANT -> I found a BIG bug in .13 and .14 last night that would totaly screw the econemy.... :roll:

but have now fixed it :D

The fixed version of .14 is available to download from Marks website's downloads page.

Update -> have just found the "change station seriel to xxx" function so from the next version on the new stations wil have the correct seriel (eg alpha, beta, gamma etc) :D
and more......

[ external image ]

Slocket
x2

Post by Slocket » Thu, 22. Jul 04, 00:50

Is there anyway to disable the NPC auto-mining off? I do not want the NPC to go around and mine out all the asteroids. Is that what they are doing??? :?:

marklaverty
x2

Post by marklaverty » Thu, 22. Jul 04, 01:12

Is there anyway to disable the NPC auto-mining off? I do not want the NPC to go around and mine out all the asteroids. Is that what they are doing???
dont worry, for every asteroid they destroy another get spawned close by so it has no impact on the player (and the extra ore helps feed all those extra stations) :wink:
and more......

[ external image ]

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”