[BONUS Plug-In] Trade Command Software MK3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 16. Dec 04, 01:01

frymaster wrote:If you weren't asked to overwrite files then you didn't install it to the correct folder.
that piece of information is no longer accurate :oops:

The new installers (they still don't auto-detect your installation directory, it says so clearly but it's worth repeating) are designed to overwrite, since some people were running into problems when offered the choice before
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 16. Dec 04, 01:19

Yep, that's correct. Thanks for pointing that out.
All files are overwritten by default in the new plugin releases.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Tue, 28. Dec 04, 04:34

Perhaps because I started running traders very early in the game before doing much exploring I ran into this worthy question, which seems not to have been asked thusfar: where do your traders get their information?

Do they "know" prices in unexplored factories within their own sector?

Do they "know" prices in factories in sectors without a commlink? (Obviously only applies to UT's looking outside their own sector, as ST's would have themselves as a commlink.)

Do they "know" prices in unexplored factories within explored sectors?

Do they "know" prices in unexplored factories within unexplored sectors?

In general do ships which come within scanning range of space objects not scanned by the player add those objects to the player's map?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 28. Dec 04, 04:41

I am pretty sure (but not 100%) of the following responses:

'Do they "know" prices in unexplored factories within their own sector?'
yep

Do they "know" prices in factories in sectors without a commlink? (Obviously only applies to UT's looking outside their own sector, as ST's would have themselves as a commlink.)
yep

Do they "know" prices in unexplored factories within explored sectors?
yep

Do they "know" prices in unexplored factories within unexplored sectors?
nope

In general do ships which come within scanning range of space objects not scanned by the player add those objects to the player's map?
yep, they have scanners too, but they won't choose sectors to travel to that you've never been to (I don't think) but they could travel through a sector you've never been to, in order to get to a sector that you know. (going from Ore Belt to Argon Prime, will pass thru Home of Light regardless of if you've ever explored it and 'turned it on' in the map)

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Tue, 28. Dec 04, 22:52

Thanks for the info! Maybe that 500k of computer upgrades included a few commlinking licenses, eh?

levi101
x2

Post by levi101 » Wed, 29. Dec 04, 00:23

hi guys

I have a pilot running T ext. MK3 and hes about to reach level 8. hes in an argon mercury what happens if I dont supply him with 25MW shields. The reason i ask is cause Im not yet friendly with the split and cannot buy one.

Please help

Cheers
Levi

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 29. Dec 04, 00:25

You only need to purchase the shields to set him to universe trader. Sector trader will continue to run normally, shields or no shields.

levi101
x2

Post by levi101 » Wed, 29. Dec 04, 00:30

So I take it theres no way I can run universe trader with out 25 MW shields

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 29. Dec 04, 00:40

nope. Your pilot has no desire to venture out into the far reaches of the universe unprotected.

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Wed, 29. Dec 04, 01:08

25 MW shields without Split access is a tough one -- in fact even with Split access they can sometimes run short.

Even though nobody but the Split stocks them, other species do run the odd 25 MW shield factory here and there.

There's a 25 MW shield factory somewhere east of the Brennan's Triumph pirate sectors, in fact, near the Argon shipyard sector ... umm ... Light of Heart, yeah, it's very near Light of Heart sector, within 3 jumps, but exactly where I don't remember.

The sector that contains the 25 MW shield factory is "jointly owned", if my memory is correct, and it's long on equipment docks and short on factories, sort of like the sector that opens up when you finish the Perseus mission in X-T. I think the shield factory itself is Boron, but I'm not sure.

Not much to go on, but I think the sector is new to X2 anyway, and thus my looking it up and revealing its specifics to you would probably be considered a spoiler. You're an explorer -- go find it!

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 29. Dec 04, 01:15

You can also wait around a shipyard for an L type ship capable of equipping 25mw shields to become available. Then you can purchase the ship and shields together and sell the ship back if desired.

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Wed, 29. Dec 04, 04:02

Okay, I was totally wrong about the sector, called "Akeela's Beacon", in just about every way possible.

It is officially owned by the Argon, and the 25 MW shield factory is Split.

Sorry. :oops:

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Wed, 29. Dec 04, 15:14

Aye Capn wrote:Even though nobody but the Split stocks them
There is a secret Argon Equipment dock that has the ability to stock them - however is often out of stock - for a reason which if you find it will be reasonably obvious.

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Thu, 30. Dec 04, 19:16

I just found one in Black Hole Sun. Did you mean that one? BHS isn't actually a secret sector, although it is adjacent to a group of 'em.

Thanks for the tip, by the way. BHS would be a good place to sell off surplus 25 MW shields, if there ever is such a thing.

Skumleren
x3tc

Post by Skumleren » Sun, 2. Jan 05, 14:35

I do not see the universe trader option. Is there something else than version 1.4 i have to install. Please help me here.
Only an idiot creates order, a genius controls chaos.

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Sun, 2. Jan 05, 14:44

The universe trader is part of the bonus plugin download. Download that, and run it, just make sure you deselect the plugins you don't want. You almost certainly won't want the AEGIS plugin yet.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 2. Jan 05, 18:24

Skumleren wrote:I do not see the universe trader option. Is there something else than version 1.4 i have to install. Please help me here.
You can read about all of the available bonus plugins for X2 (including the universe trader) in the Index of Bonus Plugins thread.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 2. Jan 05, 19:00

There is a discussion about whether or not mk3 traders will fly through xenon sectors in this linked thread.

The quick take-away? They are designed not to fly through xenon sectors, but there is a specific set of circumstances which should happen very rarely where they might need to fly through a xenon sector.

taishojojo
x3tc

What am I doing wrong?

Post by taishojojo » Thu, 20. Jan 05, 19:39

I dl'd the script about a week ago and installed it.
There is nothing to indicate level. There are no salvage insurances aboard and the pilot's name is Julian.
I've never "jumped into" the ship. I ordered is remotely, sent it Argon Prime and purchased the Mk3 SW.
Ships have 25MW shields
All software (trade 1&2, fight 1&2, nav, special).
an A-IRE for the turret.
I did two like this and they both stop trading after a handful of runs. Each has earned about 450K to 500K apiece.
I've tried about dozen sectors and they won't stay trading for more than a few runs before messaging me.
They both have jumpdrives (which I never purchased).

The problem is that they won't start up the Universal Trader.
What am I doing wrong?

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 20. Jan 05, 22:17

what you are saying conflicts quite a bit.

If they are using the updated script (the one you downloaded), they should not be called Julian.

If they aren't using the updated script, and have gained a level (not a given) they'd have salvage insurance aboard

They will only get themselves jumpdrives if they are using the universe trader script

mk3 trade isn't available from Argon Prime (though it is from Home of Light)

step one, check that the downloaded script is installed properly. If it is, then the universe trader option will appear, greyed out, next to the sector trader option. If this is not the case, you need to double-check that you installed the scripts to the correct place. (Make sure you physically check rather than taking the installer's word for it)

step two, restart the sector trader. If you have used the older version of the script (the one that came with the patch) you need to manually restart the script to get it to use the new code. This is a pain, but the new code is version-aware and will do that itself in case of future upgrades.

step three, check the pilot name again. Level (if more than 0) will be next to their (non-Julian) name. If less than 8, leave them on sector trader until they are high enough to switch, then switch them
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”