script-XaiCorp Adv.Combat Project Ver. 3.12m update 04-02-05

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Malakie
x4

Link change?

Post by Malakie » Sun, 15. Aug 04, 22:27

Kailric wrote:3.0a is now up for download
Hi: The download link I used only shows the file as 3.0 beta... Is there a different link for 3.0a?

Malakie

Brent Rivienne
x3tc

Post by Brent Rivienne » Sun, 15. Aug 04, 23:21

I don't know if you're interested in additional combat tricks for the AI, but I'll post one I've been using for a little while now.

Basically you slow down as much as possible, aim at an enemy and begin firing, simultaneously hitting the boost key (would be nice to see the AI using this) or simply speed up, depending on the range.
As ship momentum is added to a projectile when you fire you'll notice the later shots travel faster than the first, used correctly you can cause a lot of shots to bunch together and impact on a target in quick succession, very deadly, I've used it to instagib various larger fighters on approach when they would usually turn to avoid after the first few hits.
Last edited by Brent Rivienne on Mon, 16. Aug 04, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

Kailric
x3

Re: Link change?

Post by Kailric » Mon, 16. Aug 04, 01:48

Malakie wrote:
Kailric wrote:3.0a is now up for download
Hi: The download link I used only shows the file as 3.0 beta... Is there a different link for 3.0a?

Malakie
It should show 3.0a..check again.
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Mon, 16. Aug 04, 01:50

Brent Rivienne wrote:I don't know if you're interested in additional combat tricks for the AI, but I'll post one I've been using for a little while now.

Basically you slow down as much as possible, aim at an enemy and begin firing, simultaneously hitting the boost key (would be nice to see the AI using this) or simply speed up, depending on the range.
As ship momentum is added to a projectile when you fire you'll notice the later shots travel faster than the first, used correctly you can cause a lot of shots to bunch together and impact on a target in quick succession, very deadly, I've used it to instagib various larger fighters on approact when they would usually turn to avoid after the first few hits.
I am always interested.

Something like you say was want I was wanting to do for the AI but there is no way to slow down and continue aiming at a ship...you can only do one or the other so it prolly isn't possible but I will see what I can do with the new 1.4?

Limestone
x2

Command slot conflict with SDS confirmed (English)....

Post by Limestone » Thu, 19. Aug 04, 13:53

i think i found the problem with the ACP-Software; it seems like the ACP uses the same slot (of the stations) like the official SDS-script (which i'm running too). after deleting the SDS-script, the ACP is shown properly and everything looks ok.
Maybe this ist only a problem of the german version,
Its a bit of a bummer, since the SDS is about as established as scripts get.

Deliver 2 ...1 etc. are not available under "special" menu as they ought to be.
wrt: notification of running scripts: "transfering AI" that barges in on the "SDS Wait"

Could you revise those ACP 3 command slots, please ?

PC

Kailric
x3

Re: Command slot conflict with SDS confirmed (English)....

Post by Kailric » Fri, 20. Aug 04, 03:36

the.limey wrote:
i think i found the problem with the ACP-Software; it seems like the ACP uses the same slot (of the stations) like the official SDS-script (which i'm running too). after deleting the SDS-script, the ACP is shown properly and everything looks ok.

wrt: notification of running scripts: "transfering AI" that barges in on the "SDS Wait"

PC
Will do, I don't have much time here of late to work on this but maybe sometime soon..thanks for the input!

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Fri, 20. Aug 04, 20:48

http://webpages.charter.net/kailric/Xai ... d%20AI.zip

If you are upgradeing from 1.x then you will prolly need this fix for the 3.x version. Just paste these files into your script folder.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Tue, 24. Aug 04, 00:04

Hey gang,

Just letting you know I will have a small update hopefully this week that fixes a thing or two, nothing new yet though. I miss those old days of haveing an update nearly everyday, but at least it got us this far as I just don't have the time as of late. But I check these forums and my pm's everyday almost so keep the coments and sudjestions comeing !!

~Kailric out

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 25. Aug 04, 01:48

the.limey wrote:

PC
I looked and can not find any conflicts?? Can someone else confirm this bug??

Update 3.0b is now ready for download!!

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Wed, 25. Aug 04, 16:06

[/quote]

Update 3.0b is now ready for download!![/quote]

Hi, I must be missing something.. Where is the link to the latest file. The only link I can find is the one in the first message of this thread and it links to 3.0beta as it did when you release 3.0a. Is there another link I am not seeing to the download?

Malakie

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 25. Aug 04, 23:55

Malakie wrote:

Update 3.0b is now ready for download!!

Hi, I must be missing something.. Where is the link to the latest file. The only link I can find is the one in the first message of this thread and it links to 3.0beta as it did when you release 3.0a. Is there another link I am not seeing to the download?

Malakie
YOu will need the 3.0a full version beta and then install the update 3.0b over that.

The links are the first two links at the start of the first post...

Let me know if you still need help.

PS, there was a typo in the first post I put 3.1b instead of 3.0b but it is fixed now.

MajorYoshi
x3tc

Post by MajorYoshi » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 05:32

Hey Xai,

Just installed your new version yesterday (3.0b) (I also installed the AHS sctipt for hull repair) and have found that now there are times when my enemies will just stop totally dead. They don't move whilst I blast them.

Now this is nice when my 'Cuda is up against some K5s that are zipping along at 570... Combat with them is just stupid, but if I wait long enough they just.. stop.. and I can blast them.

I also came across a couple of 5 point Klusters that I got rather excited about. Thought it would be funny to cap one as it just sat there. And it did. Didn't separate. Never could cap it tho...

I've got a save file if it would help you...

I'm also running all signed scripts, AHS, and BPH.

I'm assuming to uninistall I just delete your files and reinit the scripts?

Btw, another question is whether or not I can use a subfolder in the scripts folder so if I have to do this again I can just delete the dir instead of hunting for the files.

Thanks,
ShoSa Yoshi
Wanted - Dead and/or Alive: Schrodinger's Cat

Bléral
x2

Post by Bléral » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 07:02

Btw, another question is whether or not I can use a subfolder in the scripts folder so if I have to do this again I can just delete the dir instead of hunting for the files.
For the other stuff I've no idea, but that you surely can't. I would be really amazed if X2 would find the scripts inside another directory. But I use a small method that could be of any use for you: for each script I try or install, I create a simple .txt file in the repertory to name all the new .xml (or .pck) files corresponding, so I can delete them when needed without fearing to do a mistake.
L'hypertrophie de louveteau se palpe.
Tiens, mais ne serait-ce pas une fonction de Recherche ?

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 14:04

MajorYoshi wrote:Hey Xai,

Just installed your new version yesterday (3.0b) (I also installed the AHS sctipt for hull repair) and have found that now there are times when my enemies will just stop totally dead. They don't move whilst I blast them.

Now this is nice when my 'Cuda is up against some K5s that are zipping along at 570... Combat with them is just stupid, but if I wait long enough they just.. stop.. and I can blast them.

I also came across a couple of 5 point Klusters that I got rather excited about. Thought it would be funny to cap one as it just sat there. And it did. Didn't separate. Never could cap it tho...

I've got a save file if it would help you...

I'm also running all signed scripts, AHS, and BPH.

I'm assuming to uninistall I just delete your files and reinit the scripts?

Thanks,
ShoSa Yoshi
Thanks for your report. I haven't had a report yet of enemies just stoping. Can you tell me if it is just the khaak ships, or do all ships stop still like that? And yeah, just delete all the files that came with the download and your good to go. Take note though that any ship currently running the advanced AI will continue to do so until its target is gone then it will start useing the default AI from then on. And as far as I know you can't use subfolders.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 17:23

How does the AI ship experience points work ?

Are there special conditions that need to be met ? I am asking because only my M6 cruisers actually gain Experience points. Non of my M3 perseus fighters gain anything.

Could my installation be a bit wonky or am I being a dumbass again ?
:)

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 21:14

I'm still running the 3.0a version of the script, and I've also seen enemies stop dead in space, once a split mamba, once a xenon M4.
Both events happened a few seconds after the enemy activated the Engine Tuning MK1.

Although I cannot guarantee that the problem really lies with your AI script ... my X2 version is pretty shot, the Autopilot for example doesn't work anymore

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 04:19

InvrSmall wrote:How does the AI ship experience points work ?

Are there special conditions that need to be met ? I am asking because only my M6 cruisers actually gain Experience points. Non of my M3 perseus fighters gain anything.

Do you have both fight commands mrk I and II installed on them? I will look into this more this weekend and get any bugs workout...

MajorYoshi
x3tc

Post by MajorYoshi » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 05:16

Hey Xai,

It wasn't just the K's. I know the fighter drones did it and if I remember correctly there was a Pirate TS as well (not positive on that one though).

My game wasalso a touch frazzled at that point. I had a few UTs that would sit inside a fully stocked SPP (next to another almost fully stocked SPP) and say 'i can't find any jumpdrive fuel anywhere'...

Now, two things:

One, I hadn't noticed the behaviour of either of the above scenarios until installing the Advanced AI mod.

Two, One doesn't necessarily mean that your script did it. :)
As far as the UT issue is concerned, after uninstalling your script and reiniting the scripts, the UTs still were still doing the same flaky behaviour.

I've started my game over and will play for a bit to get some UTs back in action to see if the problem can be reproducable. I'm also going to do another install in a week or so (busy week ahead) and run your script with no others (even signed) to see if I see any issues. From there I'll install things one at a time to see if there is a conflict.

See what years of QA have done to me! *sigh*

Hope this helps some in the meantime.

Be well,
ShoSa Yoshi
Wanted - Dead and/or Alive: Schrodinger's Cat

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 19:21

Kailric wrote:
InvrSmall wrote:How does the AI ship experience points work ?

Do you have both fight commands mrk I and II installed on them? I will look into this more this weekend and get any bugs workout...
I found out what was wrong, there seemed to be a clash with Mark's Fight MkIII v1.5 software.

At the bottom of the Pilot record, there are some stats named. Lost: 0 Kills: 0
When are they used ?

Kadaas
x3

Post by Kadaas » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 21:49

I'm was running the 3.0 beta,Then I went to 3.0b and just overwrote the files upon install,Initiated the script.Did I miss the 3.0a beta somewhere or is my configuration fine?

Also I'm running the combined Russ mod with the Xai AI loaded in.may be a possible bug or I'm just thinking wrong on it. The ship I (the player ) am flying has a Xai rookie name and the level [0] at the ship description.Shouldnt it say Julin or what ever the players name is when your personaly flying it????

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”