Xai Corporation AutoMining 2.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Do you think this is worth signing?

yes, of course
95%
no, it's not that good
5%

Total votes: 214

Tritous
x3tc

problem

Post by Tritous » Fri, 3. Jun 05, 18:59

I was having a great time witnessing OOS while my mining fleet tore apart ore belt. within minutes my 3 miners, 3 loaders and TL had gathered a few thousant ore and a couple thousand silicon.

then i got this personal message...lots of times, in fact within a few secongs i have 957 incoming messages and the game was running at 0.0 fps

Code: Select all

Infinate loop detected, script is terminated!

Plugin.Xai.lib.cargoXfer.frmtarget:22:2:0:48039392:0:while not $fltretFLRET_TARGETREACHED ==
RefObj:XB2 - Paranid Demeter - PSTS [YTSNK], wnv=Ore Belt
needless to say, quiting was quiet a challenge :S
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

moggy2
x3ap

Re: problem

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 3. Jun 05, 19:34

Tritous wrote:

Plugin.Xai.lib.cargoXfer.frmtarget:22:2:0:48039392:0:while not $fltretFLRET_TARGETREACHED ==
:oops:

I'll have a look.

I think this might be the same problem the was reported with Fleet Support a couple of days ago.

Tritous
x3tc

ok

Post by Tritous » Fri, 3. Jun 05, 19:54

cheers for the quick reply.

I'll wait for now, but if it's going to be a while tell me and i'll quickly remove the script so i can continue my plans of galactic domination :twisted:

Tritous
x3tc

more info

Post by Tritous » Sat, 4. Jun 05, 02:21

Been testing: the script works fine apart from the collect and transfer part. I think that infinate loop only happens if there is no collectable ore in sight, then it goes to hell and back. Also i've found (manually destroying a huge number of roids and letting them collect..) that when full, the ships are refusing to go empty in the TL I've told them to, they keep trying to collect the ore with the usual effect of trying to collect wares with a full bay: waste (they refuse to use their transporters when full). right now i've set them to automine in ore belt and am periodically manually sending them to unload. in an hour my TL had gathered about 4000 silicon and 2000 ore (I had a cargoship selling as much as possible meanwhile) and the belt was looking a little thin lol

Harlock776
x2

Some ideas

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 4. Jun 05, 15:41

Hey does automining work this way??? Install the script and it only works with a TL ship that has TS ships assigned to it AND have been outfitted with mining lasers. This way the TS ships are the only ships collecting ore and silicon so the TL doesn't smack into all the small roids while trying to collect just one of them. I've been waiting for the automining to be fixed but I guess I will have to wait a little longer for the new bug to be squashed.

The way I run a mobile mining op is to get a teladi or argon TL and assign about 10 TS ships to it. They don't have mining lasers because I get in a nova that is also assigned to the TL and fly around with hornet missiles and bust up the roids and order the TS ships to get out and collect all the stuff in the sector.

This works great as I can provide sector defense myself while the TS ships continue to mobile mine. Meanwhile the TL ship just sits there as a storage unit until it's full. When completely full I jump it out to my mining base and offload all the ore and silicon to that base where a small fleet of TS ships constantly sell off the ore and silicon from that base. While they are doing that I can go out and mobile mine some more-)

The problem with this method is the mining base not being able to store a lot of stuff. It's just a teladi space station with 20 TS ships assigned to it half of them being storage for the ore and silicon. I think I can get a script to tell the station to use the docked ships as storage but I don't think the station will get ore and silicon from those storage ships when it's out of ore and silicon. Because of this I have to sit there and monitor the mining base and transfer excess ore and silicon to the base from it's storage ships everytime.

This becomes very tedious and distracting when I'm running 200+ stations, maintaining my home sectors, constantly building a fleet, and maintaining several military operations like a blockade of sector 472 from both ends and also a sustained invasion of khaaka space not to mention all those sector patrol incidents I have to deal with and oh yeah betty chiming in with her usual annoying announcements lol.

Mr Tibbs
x3

Post by Mr Tibbs » Fri, 22. Jul 05, 09:44

Is there a way of getting this to work successfully with a TL?
I've got a mammoth with MDR and mineral scanner onboard, had a quick glance through the init script and changed it so that Large TLs can now use the command but when I set it off, it just flies around the asteroid, slowing down to 10kph turns to face it then flies off again. The 2 mercs follow dutifully waiting to get the ore and when I do it manually they work beautifully collecting everything they can.

In one of the xai.plugin scripts it has a range variable which is set to 2100 and I tried to increase and decrease this value but iit made no change.

Also I added mineral scanners to a couple of disco's but there's no option to allow remote mineral scanner. They have Nav 1 + special software installed as well as duplex scanners. Nothing appears in extra commands or special. According to instructions any ship with a mineral scanner can do this. What am I missing?

Tritous
x3tc

hmmm

Post by Tritous » Fri, 22. Jul 05, 18:07

I'm not so worried about having the TL do the mining, just the collecting, but more importantly I want the 4 TSs I have to, when full, go and empty in the TL and then resume. When I tried this things got VERY buggy, if you check my earlier posts. I've still got no news on the fix for that

as a reminder.

btw, to all of you using this script, please take advantage of the fact that if you put a transporter device into the ships they will transport the ore into the ship.....VERY fast and nothing is collided against and destroyed

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 22. Jul 05, 20:56

right, I think I've got the loop problem fixed. thanks for posting the full report it really helped.

As for TL support. Not a chance. It's hard enough getting tiny little TS close enough to an asteroid on autopilot. It just wouldn't work. The automatic collision detection would kick in long before it got close enough to use the weapon.

Tritous
x3tc

ok

Post by Tritous » Sat, 23. Jul 05, 14:54

tell me when the next update is out and I'lll download that, that loop problem bugged me, took the auto out of the auotmining.

Wasnt there a problem with a certain TL where it had an aerial at the front which was longer than the range of the drill?

Mr Tibbs
x3

Post by Mr Tibbs » Sun, 24. Jul 05, 11:56

Fare Enough. I'll just have to park the NMC Red Dwarf in the middle of the sector and let my TS's do their thing.

What about the automated mineral scan though? I've equiped various ships with the mineral scanner. All of them had Nav1 and Special upgrades but no option oppears to let this happen. What am I missing?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 24. Jul 05, 12:59

it was missing the plugin.Xai.AutoM.cmd.mscan.xml file :oops:

download fixed

Mr Tibbs
x3

Post by Mr Tibbs » Thu, 28. Jul 05, 09:13

Been testing: the script works fine apart from the collect and transfer part.
when full, the ships are refusing to go empty in the TL I've told them to, they keep trying to collect the ore with the usual effect of trying to collect wares with a full bay: waste (they refuse to use their transporters when full). right now i've set them to automine in ore belt and am periodically manually sending them to unload.
I find this happening in my game as well. I've even tried to have dolphins following the mercuries that are following the automining Demeter but they still refuse to transfer their ore. Sometimes for no apparent reason if I've manually emptied a ship it picks up a couple more roids then attempts to dock at a station with only 16 or so bits of cargo.
All the collectors have transport devices as does the TL.

I've got the 1.4 update on and mods I'm running are

all the signed mods
SDS
FLDS
Xia Jump command 3
Xia automining
Xia Advanced Nav Libraries
PPG bullet replacer with modifier tag remover

*Edit

Just as I clicked send I decided to have a look through the script again and I seem to be missing the plugin.xai.lib.cargoXfer.toStat.XML file. Could possibly be the cause.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 28. Jul 05, 14:01

Mr Tibbs wrote:...Just as I clicked send I decided to have a look through the script again and I seem to be missing the plugin.xai.lib.cargoXfer.toStat.XML file. Could possibly be the cause.
That'd be the one :oops:
seems I had a space instead of a dot in the batch file, download should be fixed now.

sorry 'bout that

Stealth
x2

Post by Stealth » Thu, 28. Jul 05, 15:25

How soon can I place an order on a large number of licenses? The X Mining Corporation would definitely put the Autominers to good use in the deeper sectors. ;)

LForet3252
x3

Post by LForet3252 » Thu, 28. Jul 05, 17:37

First...thanks to all for great script...

My ts's just approach the astroids and spin around then fly away again..over and over...

also.... no transfer occurs between following ships...all have transporters and ore ollectors and all other nessesary hardware/software.

Mr Tibbs
x3

Post by Mr Tibbs » Fri, 29. Jul 05, 10:40

That'd be the one :oops:
seems I had a space instead of a dot in the batch file, download should be fixed now.

sorry 'bout that
Fantastic. Working a treat now. Left the mining fleet down at Rys Desire and is working like a well oiled machine. And with the TL trader, I'm making a packet remotely selling the ore to surrounding sectors.[/quote]

Jasaund
x3tc

Post by Jasaund » Sun, 28. Aug 05, 07:19

I can't get any automining special commands in the commands section.. I have read the manual/ readme for the script andI have met all the requirements for automining but yet I still have no commands in the special commands section for mobile mining. I have to admit I am a noob at this, so it is probably something I just don't understand. and am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. I have vulture, mobile mining laser, minerial scanner, and ore collector. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Edit-- nvm I found theright thread on how to start scripts.But another question: What does it mean by which asteroid type?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 28. Aug 05, 16:55

Sounds like you haven't activated the script editor by typing "Thereshallbewings" while in space.

Asteroids come in 3 flavours Ore, Silicon, and Nividium

Jasaund
x3tc

Post by Jasaund » Sun, 28. Aug 05, 17:51

ahh I see. So, I assume 1 is ore 2 is silicon and 3 is Nividium? BTW Great job! It does work like a charm.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”