STC Presents: Station Upgrade Commands (UPDATED 08/30 FINAL)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ktlim75
x2

Post by ktlim75 » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 09:56

this is scripts not mean for english version??

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 17:48

This script is exclusively for English version. I am at a loss as to why it is not working for you. All I know is that others posted that it DID work for them, so it's got to be something you are doing wrong.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear.

And once again regarding the signing: I do not, and will not, EVER, pursue signing of my scripts. I do not care that they won't get signed, and pointing it out to me only serves to annoy me.

ktlim75
x2

Post by ktlim75 » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 18:13

Please help me.. this is very useful. I have installed SDS, BHP, all run very well. except for this..:(

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 19:12

Well, I felt like doing something useful, so I decided to translate the .xml of this script. As I don't know how I'm supposed to send this stuff to you, I'll just paste the file here.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<language id="49">

<page id="2010" title="Script Cmd Names" descr="Long version of commandos. These are the commandos assigned to ships using the commandconsole. Page 2010 and 2011 belong together and hold short and long versions of the same commands">
<t id="1120">Station Automatisieren</t>
<t id="1121">Xenon Technologie installieren</t>
<t id="1122">Station verschrotten</t>
<t id="1123">Diesem Dock ein Paket Schiffsupgrades liefern</t>
</page>

<page id="2011" title="Script Cmd Shorts" descr="Short version of commandos. These are the commandos assigned to ships using the commandconsole. Page 2010 and 2011 belong together and hold short and long versions of the same commands">
<t id="1120">AtmSttn</t>
<t id="1121">InstXTech</t>
<t id="1122">ScrpSttn</t>
<t id="1123">DeliverShpUpg</t>
</page>

<page id="2022" title="Command Info" descr=" ">
<t id="1120">Station Automatisieren. Dieser Befehl installiert eine robotische Fertigungsanlage in einer Station ihrer Wahl. Der Bedarf an Arbeitern wird dadurch eliminiert. Somit werden keine Nahrungsmittel mehr benötigt. Dieser Vorgang kostet 5,000,00 Credits. Natürlich kann man nur Stationen automatisieren in denen Lebewesen arbeiten. Alle gelagerten Nahrungsmittel werden dabei vernichtet.\n{2022,99991}</t>
<t id="1121">Xenon Technologie Installieren. Dieser Befehl wird ein Solarkraftwerk ihrer Wahl mit gestohlener Terraformer Technologie ausstatten, und somit Kristalle unnötig machen. Dieser Vorgang kostet 3,000,000 Credits. Alle gelagerten Kristalle werden dabei vernichtet.\n{2022,99991}</t>
<t id="1122">Station verschrotten. Dieser Befehl nutzt Nanotechnologie um nahezu sofort eine ihrer Stationen auseinanderzubauen. Die dabei entstehenden Materialien werden liquidiert und die daraus erhaltenen 500,000 Credits werden auf ihr Konto überwiesen. Alle in der Station gelagerten Materialien, Produkte und Schiffe werden bei diesem Vorgang ebenfalls verschrottet.\n{2022,99991}</t>
<t id="1123">Diesem Dock ein Paket Schiffsupgrades liefern. Stiehl Corporation wird alle wichtigen Schiffsupgrades zu ihrer Handelsstation oder ihrem Equipmentdock liefern. Es wird Ware bis zur Maximalgrenze der Station geliefert. Dieser Dienst kostet 5,000,000 Credits.\n{2022,99991}</t>
</page>

</language>

I'm not into modding or scripting in any way, I never tried, so I don't know if this is done correctly. I left the short versions of the commands as they are, and didn't translate the command descriptions, as it seems like they'll never appear directly ingame (O.o?).

I think the German language ID is 49, I hope thats correct.
The file would have to be named 496001.xml then, right?

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Mon, 6. Sep 04, 22:27

nice translation, I'll incorporate it into my next release. Thanks.

ktlim75
x2

Post by ktlim75 » Tue, 7. Sep 04, 04:55

HOW IS IT GUYS??

HOW CAN I START USING THIS SCIPTS.

DO I NEED A EDITORS OR SOMETHING??

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Tue, 7. Sep 04, 06:52

Hm. But the language file alone isn't enough T_T.
The logbook entrys you get when you've got e.g. not enogh money to order something are still in english. I suppose the script would have to be translated as well.

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Tue, 7. Sep 04, 15:02

Oh... yeah :shock:

Feel free to do these too :)

I studied Deutch way back in the day but couldn't quite hack it :)

CreativeSpit
x2

Post by CreativeSpit » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 07:07

Funny thing about the upgrade packages for your equipment docks...I now have an Split M6 that has a speed of 50,000 and a turn rate of 20,000%...and a cargo bay of 75,000 units. :D
...Who needs a jump drive anyway?
You'd think that Bush would have better security. I mean, get him out of office and that'll end the terrorism war crap. But really, 3 groups of anti-Pubic hair protestors get within 5 feet of him at his "national" convention...

FAZERWOLF1000
x2

Post by FAZERWOLF1000 » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 13:39

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS AS KTLIM75
TRIED LOADS OF TIMES & CAN'T GET IT TO WORK :cry:

HOW DO I START IT FROM A SCRIPT EDITOR?

I'M ONLY USING SIGNED SCRIPTS, ITS A ENGLISH VERSION & HAS THE 1.4 UPDATE[/quote]
FAZERJASE

Orillion
x4

Post by Orillion » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 13:43

FAZERWOLF1000 and ktlim75 you can start by not holding down caps lock then ppl will help
Processor: AMD AM4 Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.7 Ghz
Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3200Mhz
GFX: Inno3D GeForce GTX 1070 iChill X3 8GB
Harddrive(s): Samsung Evo 970 250GB - Samsung Evo 960 500 GB - Western Digital Blue 1 TB

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 13:55

Damar Stiehl wrote:Oh... yeah :shock:

Feel free to do these too :)

I studied Deutch way back in the day but couldn't quite hack it :)
I would, but I kinda got no idea about scripting at all. Simply changing the lines for the logbooks entrys from English to German would replace the English lines completely. If we do it like that, each language version of the game would require its own version of your script.

Is there a way to ask for read-texts for the logbook entrys, so you could put the logbook entrys into a .xml file? That would make things easier. Or a function to check which language version of the game the player is running, so the sript would send the corresponding message to the log.

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 18:19

I'll convert the messages to use the 6001 file instead of coming directly from the script. So if you want to translate the messages and post them here, I'll use them.

I assume you know how to get inside the script to get the messages.

Halconnen
x3tc

Post by Halconnen » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 22:01

Damar Stiehl wrote:I'll convert the messages to use the 6001 file instead of coming directly from the script. So if you want to translate the messages and post them here, I'll use them.

I assume you know how to get inside the script to get the messages.
I know how to get to the messages, but I don't know how to get the messages into the language file.

Wouldn't it be easier if you modify the script first and send the new language file to me so I can translate the messages directly in there?

You'd just have to tell me how I should send it back to you.

And: If you should need translation help on any other you've made, I'm ready =).

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 22:21

Hrm i think the SPP Xenon tech is waaay outbalancing.

Either it should cost far more or reduce the output of the factorys, because itrs true that 3m is the price of the supporting loop, but the loop also eats 4 of your 9 factories worth of energy being produced.

With this script its too easy to just set up 50x SPPs in Akeela's Beacon with a jumpdrive-enabled trading script for selling and set them to max jumps and make a gazillion gazillions profitsssssssss.

even in a 150% sun you still suddenly have a whole 13.5 factories worth of energy to dispose of at leisure (whereas youd usually have about 7.5, and need to set up 2 parallel SPPs and 3 parallel crystal loops to keep them running full blast - at an initial cost of about 5m per SPP) - see what i mean?

leo
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Wed, 8. Sep 04, 23:38

*SIGH*

One last time.

If you think that the script is unbalancing, do not use it.

If you think that yo' momma thinks that the script is unbalancing, do not use it.

If you think that yo' momma's second cousin's dog thinks that the script is unbalancing, do not use it.

I do not force you to use it.

I do not care if you use it.

I do not care if you ruin your game using it.

I do not care if you jump out of a window, either.

So FFS, stop trying to baffle me with bullsh!t, I know the SPP math better than any one of you, and I'm fully bloody aware of the consequences of having a billion crystal-free SPPs. If you don't like what this script does, go download something else, or go outside and play hopscotch, but for Nathan R. Gunne's sake, spare me your laments and admonishments about balance. Unless you want to commend me on a job well done, or tell me that the script isn't working, or ask me for a feature - there's a few thousand other threads on this forum you could go and pollute. Go join James_2K rally against PSGs for chrissake, it'll make you feel better.

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Thu, 9. Sep 04, 00:02

Damar Stiehl wrote:*SIGH*
[...]there's a few thousand other threads on this forum you could go and pollute. Go join James_2K rally against PSGs for chrissake, it'll make you feel better.
Hehehehehe :D

nah. constructive criticism implied... hey what the heck i'll change it myself for my own use. i use the other 3 parts of the script... it's just...

ME <- "sweeping statements-'r-us"

i'll just run it as it is and add it to my q of stuff to do :)

leo - secret founder of the very secret troll-hunting secret club secret secret (the first rule of very secret troll-hunting...)
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

sirmorte
x2

Where do we install this script

Post by sirmorte » Fri, 17. Sep 04, 01:13

What directories should this script be installed?

StarChaser
x3

Post by StarChaser » Sat, 18. Sep 04, 23:35

I LOVE the SPP Xenon tech!! :x2:

(score 1 for the NON-Critics :wink: )

Job WELL DONE Damar Stiehl!!

khabal
x3

Post by khabal » Sun, 19. Sep 04, 08:32

Yes, finally I could build eficient loops by using the automation and the Xenon technology. :D

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”