Is this possible: modify AOE command

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Is this possible: modify AOE command

Post by euclid » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 22:20

Often my OOS defenders move too far away from the centre of the map during chasing Khaaks. After they've finished them off the defenders stay at their current position until a new foe shows. That is the problem: the OOS defender may be to far away to save my traders.

Is it possible (how?) to modify the AOE command such that the ship returns to the centre of the map (or even better to a specified position) after the job is done? Of course he should resume AOE if an enemy shows or if he is already at the centre (specified position).

What do you think?

Cheers Euclid

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 22:36

what happens if you place a navsat where you want the oos defender to wait and then have him 'attack enemies nearest' the navsat?

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 22:46

moggy2 wrote:what happens if you place a navsat where you want the oos defender to wait and then have him 'attack enemies nearest' the navsat?
Well, it will work for radius of 7 km, it is not too far :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 22:53

Yes, I've tried that. The trigger range is insufficient. Would be a great alternative if one could modfy the ANE command to input a trigger radius.

Didn't know it is 7 Km; very useful info. Thanks Adam00 !

Cheers Euclid

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 23:00

Maybe try some patrol script, ship with it move a lot, you don't have this stand in far place thing so often. Try my AS.Guard, guarding ship jump to center of sectors (well, it is "strange" but usefull), here is link: http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60700

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 23:06

7km has been the trigger range for the ai in all the games.

Just had a look at the script, it'll look for enemies within 30km, BUT will stay in formation with the ship it's following untill the enemy is with 7km.

It looks like it could easily be modded to include a check to see if the ship's protecting an immobile ship like a navsat or navbeacon.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 23:17

Very kind, thanks. But my actual problem is a little different and the available scripts (I've browsed a lot) seem not to solve it.

My main concern is X472. It's one of my my main sectors. Placed lots of stations there in 1.3 and had everything setup pseudo-stationary (needed not supervision).

Now in 1.4 the respawning SY hammers out capships within some seconds.
That would be not so bad because I have (besides some LTs) 5 M2 very close to the respawning point on AOE with Xenon as only foe.

The catch is that also a Xenon station respawns there and although I have a similar setup to kill it fast, the capships near the SY respawning point also go for the Xenon station, leaving their place of duty. I have to send them back in position after each station respawn.

If the ANE command would have a farther trigger radius, or if I could set a position point in the AOE command, that would solve the problem.

Just before 1.4 I've managed to setup a loop (producing ecells) in Khaak US5 and after lots of problmes (and losses) I've managed to get it sort-of stable there. But it needs constant supervision. Now in 1.4 I have to supervise X472 as well.

That's boring! I can't do all the nice things like capping Khaak fighter, assesination missions, XI missions or just flying about and enjoying the view. Also I can pursue my ultimate goal to setup loops in all 5 Khaak sectors.

I need to get to a state in X472 which do not require permanent supervision.

Cheers Euclid
Last edited by euclid on Mon, 6. Sep 04, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 23:20

moggy2 wrote:7km has been the trigger range for the ai in all the games.

Just had a look at the script, it'll look for enemies within 30km, BUT will stay in formation with the ship it's following untill the enemy is with 7km.

It looks like it could easily be modded to include a check to see if the ship's protecting an immobile ship like a navsat or navbeacon.
moggy2: would it be possible to increase the 7Km radius? I have no clue about scripting but I would try everything.

Cheers Euclid

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sun, 5. Sep 04, 23:54

yes. At the moment it stays in formation until the enemy is 7km away, unless the ship is the player ship or the ship is protecting itself. I was thinking to add "or the ship I'm protecting is immobile" which would allow the range to be 30km.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 6. Sep 04, 00:10

Which pck file do I need to unpack to find the script?

Cheers Euclid

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 6. Sep 04, 00:12

the one that needs moding is actually !move.follow.template

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 6. Sep 04, 00:33

Thanks.

Cheers Euclid

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 6. Sep 04, 01:02

Moggy2: I think I've found it, linenr =082. Can you confirm, please.

I could change 7000 to, say 20000. Will that work from the txt file or do I need to pck the file?

Cheers Euclid

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”