Upgrade to Mark's Patrol and Wing scripts V2.1 02-02-05

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

grffnhwk
x3

Post by grffnhwk » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 18:50

I'm getting bad links on all three files. Anyone have a copy I could bum off you? :)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 19:54

All three scripts are on X2 Scripting Centre aswell here's a link http://www.xscripting.com/index.php?name=Downloads
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

grffnhwk
x3

Post by grffnhwk » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 20:30

Great! Thank you very much. :)

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 21:38

Oops! :o

These links are to Kailric's site. He had to move. I will fix them to the X2source site. They are on X2source, X2scripting and X2ou. 8)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 20:59

Carl ..

dont know if I'm right by asking you .. but could I use some of the scripts of the "wing"script (the wingman .. and miss. def.)for my own carrierlaunch-script .. would be reall nice if it worked with these scripts .. but I need commands that terminate as soon as the leader and the ship thats the wingman/miss. def. is docked ..

I've donne this now by calling modified stock commandscripts .. but mostly for the m5's I'd like some kinda "defend leader" command .. and the "missile defence"script is perfect for it ... but I need it to terminate on its own .. so it needs some modding .. and for that I need "the makers" permision ..

tnx in adv.

G

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 30. Apr 05, 04:49

Yes, you can use it in your script. Just give credit in your readme file.

If you change it, then you should rename it so they do not overwrite each other if they are both installed. 8)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

ScoobyDoo
x2

Post by ScoobyDoo » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 03:20

Seems neat, and I tried this script out for a while. Assigned a fully upgraded capped Khak M5 as my wingman, to shoot down missles. But after starting to run this script, my ships' autopilots seemed to become "stupid". After jumping to new sectors and telling them to dock somewhere, they'd promptly smack into the gate. Even Saya Kho's daughter's ship (following me to go the Red Route) adhered itself to a gate with a bungee cord (i.e. kept smacking itself into the gate over and over).

Eventually I got the message, "Your Khak M5 was killed by Ore Mine Beta in Lucky Planets". I didn't even realize it until a day later. Bloody idiot pilot, deserved to die. But I'm down right peeved I lost that ship.

I'm no longer using this script (I never even got a chance to try the Khak wingman out in battle!!!!); I'll see if there's a noted improvement in autopilots. There are a few other variables that occurred at the same time, like other scripts I was trying out (although most of them, like this one, have been used by many people). And I also found after I alt-tab in and out of the game I've got to nudge the throttle on my X52 joystick or it overrides and sets my speed down to 0 immediately after jumping or leaving a station (before clearing the object).

That last one could have had something to do with my ship being stupid, but the Khak M5 had nothing to do with my joystick and it still flew itself SMACK into a damn station. Grrrrrr!!!

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Thu, 22. Sep 05, 05:44

Mark's scripts do not change the flight scripts. They only add high-level commands that call the standard flight scripts. So behavior such as banging into a gate would probably be beyond their control.

At least, as far as I can figure out... :wink:

There have been reports of qlitches such as this on other threads, but I don't think they were running these scripts.

Are you patched to V1.4? There were some things like this that were fixed in the patches. 8)
Tinker

ScoobyDoo
x2

Post by ScoobyDoo » Thu, 22. Sep 05, 08:16

Yes, I'm on version 1.4. I think the glitches might have been at least partially the result of the Khak M5 squaddie constantly circling around me all the time. He was fast, and he was alert for enemies, but no so much for the inanimate structures he banged into. If only all Khak were this intelligent. Stop throwing energy pulses at them.. throw teepees instead.

Anyway, point is without him there my autopilot has gotten a fair bit smarter again.

It still bangs into stuff, but not nearly as often.

Come to think of it, I'm inclined to think it's a lot to do with my joystick is overriding the "clear the gate/station" action that usually occurs on transitioning, by setting the speed down to whatever the throttle happens to be at.

In any case, it seems to be manageable now (for the most part, anyway). Still agitating, but manageable.

Of course, none of this explains why Kho got stupid and kept pounding herself repeatedly into the jumpgate...

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Fri, 23. Sep 05, 03:29

Come to think of it, I'm inclined to think it's a lot to do with my joystick is overriding the "clear the gate/station" action that usually occurs on transitioning, by setting the speed down to whatever the throttle happens to be at.
Disable the joystick throttle and just use the "A" and "Z" keys. Some joystick throttles are "scratchy" and can cause juddering in the ship. This has been reported to cause other wierd problems, too. 8)
Tinker

RagX

Post by RagX » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 03:34

perchance will there be an update to remove the likelyhood that patrols leave their assigned sectors just because some wizzy enemy M5 happens to catch the attention of my patrols and so leads them half-way across the X-Universe?

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 20:19

When they start after an enemy ship, they call a standard script file. Mark's script does not get the control back until it is destroyed. There might be a way to do it but I will have to study it.

The patrol ship will go back to it's assigned area afterwards, though.

Hint: Don't give the patrol ships too good of a scanner, if you don't want them to chase enemies that are far away. 8)
Tinker

RagX

Post by RagX » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 07:55

Just found a conflict with another script (which I knew how to fix so that I dont have to post this anymore :( ) and Mark's Patrol/Wing/Resupply scripts.

Its MH's AdvJumper script.

okay, without going into too much detail, how can I make it so that Fight Command Mk3 shows up in a different slot because MH's AdvJumper's thingamabob takes it's spot?

RagX

Post by RagX » Fri, 30. Sep 05, 12:18

I hate to doublepost but I love both scripts to death, and I dont want to sacrifice either of them to the flames of script-conflicts.

Please, please PLEASE anyone with a good scripting background point me to a direction so I can troubleshoot both scripts out of their conflict-ing ways :cry:

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 1. Oct 05, 00:14

If you can script it is not excessivly hard to change the command used, but you have to change it everywhere it is used. Both in the "t" file and in the script files.

We are running out of command slots, and it is not possible to avoid conflicts with all scripts. Make sure that the command slot you want to change it to is not already used on your system.

Check out the "X2 Script Conflict Report" utility program at the top of the sticky thread.
Tinker

RagX

Post by RagX » Sat, 1. Oct 05, 06:39

Well I found the conflict in the instance of Fight Command Software Mk3 and the instance of MH's AdvJumper's Hyperbolic Drive. They are both upgrades btw.

How do I make it so that Fight Mk3 and Hyperbolic use different slots?

*EDIT: after considerable silence regarding this matter, I went ahead and took the liberty of trying to fix both scripts by changing their command page ID numbers to something else that wont conflict with anything else I've installed. I'm really sorry, but I just cant live without both scripts at this point :(

*EDIT2: I've had to edit MH's AdvJumper's command page id's instead, in so doing left Mark's Patrol/Wing/Resupply scripts alone. I just hope my quick fix did the trick, as I've used X2's Conflict Report program in the sticky to verify my settings.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sat, 1. Oct 05, 21:00

Don't forget to change the command in the script files that use it, in the "scripts" folder , as well as the language definition file in the "t" folder. :)
Tinker

baubsmyth
x4

Post by baubsmyth » Fri, 13. Apr 07, 03:53

You can find the "Patrol Commands" script at The Commander's Space Station. You can find all three of these scripts for download here, though you'll need to look around and read as some of them have slightly different names like "Fight Software Mk3".

The Trade Empire

Post by The Trade Empire » Thu, 26. Jun 08, 22:59

sorry to resurrect this topic.......But having just downloaded and installed Marks Resupply script - i seem to have encountered an error......which needed a system restart.....

I installed the script (putting the 't' file and the 'scripts' file in the X2 dir and started the game. Everything worked perfectly. I installed the upgrade on a freighter (which already had a transporter device) - everything worked perfectly.....I then commanded the freighter to resupply 2 M3s. The freighter went to the sector where the M3s were....Then went to a SPP to get the necessary ecells.....and then the game froze.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
"Putting Profit before pleasure"

"WHAT??????"

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 28. Jun 08, 20:41

As I said in your other post. Download the conflict reporting proggy and see if it is a conflict with another script.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”