internet explorer script error

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

internet explorer script error

Post by euclid » Mon, 29. Nov 04, 11:22

I'm not sure where to post this, so I start here.

Since I've downloaded the .Net thingy to edit script files some of my programs seems to have problems. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

(1) Trying to close (open is ok) an xml file with IE or Netscape caused an illegal operation of windows explorer. After W2k has shut down the program
the NAV and ATI-MMC quick launch icons are gone.

(2) Running NAV (latest version) on my D drive (that's where X2 is installed)
caused an error just before the scan is complete:
internet explorer script error - an error has occured in the script on this page: line 10, char 1, error object expected, cod 0, url res://c:\progr..\navconui.dll/quicksummary.htm

Anyone?

Cheers Euclid

Kailric
x3

Re: internet explorer script error

Post by Kailric » Mon, 29. Nov 04, 15:18

euclid wrote:I'm not sure where to post this, so I start here.

Since I've downloaded the .Net thingy to edit script files some of my programs seems to have problems. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

(1) Trying to close (open is ok) an xml file with IE or Netscape caused an illegal operation of windows explorer. After W2k has shut down the program
the NAV and ATI-MMC quick launch icons are gone.

(2) Running NAV (latest version) on my D drive (that's where X2 is installed)
caused an error just before the scan is complete:
internet explorer script error - an error has occured in the script on this page: line 10, char 1, error object expected, cod 0, url res://c:\progr..\navconui.dll/quicksummary.htm

Anyone?

Cheers Euclid
Just what is the .Net thingy. As far as I know the only way still yet to edit script files is through the script editor and that alone. If thats what your talking about. It has something to do with the codearray...but I am not expert..
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 29. Nov 04, 18:48

Here it is:

>>2 Modder 0.2 CAT/DAT extraction, decoding of multiple PCK files at once. Needs .NET runtime <<

I'm not sure whether my problems are caused by installing .NET runtime but they have not occured before.

It seems that some program calls invoke the IE to execute xml files. But that's just a guess. I'm no expert either.

Cheers Euclid

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”