SSG Mod w/Mauzi, now w/33 ships (incl/Star Wars) - V 0.2.7e1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Astarix

Post by Astarix » Mon, 1. Feb 10, 00:28

Exelent work! I'am verry love the Falcon and the Imperial Star Destroyer. But the Roger young and Ties and the Grendel is nice little ships. :D But i rework the Falcon max speed, and change more maximum speed. The Falcon is a very very fast transport ship. Little armament, but big velocity and shield. Not from a joke the fastest ship in all of the galaxy.

KeybdFlyer
x2

Post by KeybdFlyer » Tue, 10. Aug 10, 23:13

I bought X² when it was first released without knowing that DRM even existed. Two computers and several replacement CD drives later I learned what DRM was and what it was capable of doing to a computer - so X² was consigned to the bottom drawer along with Silent Hunter III, Dawn of War and so many others.

Just by chance I came across a link a few days ago that informed me of a patch that would remove the DRM - and X² made its return to my latest computer!

So, years down the road, I'm trying to catch-up with the X² Universe.

That's the background - sorry for rambling :) Bonus pack and a few added scripts later I found this mod - wow! Totally love it! All the contributors to it, in my estimation, are bloody geniuses!

Now the query. "...incompatible with AEGIS..." etc. "...must be removed..." etc. Ok, how? I re-ran the bonus pack installer, unchecked the Gunnery Commands check-box, but the installer just informs me that this WILL NOT remove those scripts. So just how do I remove them? I've no idea which are the relevant scripts, so I can't do it manually. Anybody know? By the way, just what IS the incompatibility? What disastrous events will take place if I don't remove the scripts? No ship of mine has AEGIS installed (nor likely to any time soon at that price!), but does simply having the script there cause a problem? More information please.

I hope there are still plenty of x² players out there, I could really use some backup here! :?

Nobody? All playing X³ huh? Well, if anyone spots this post, please pass on the info?

Frankie101

Post by Frankie101 » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 06:08

I'm kinda in the same boat KeybdFlyer only came back to X2 cause of the DRM gone.

I don't know which mod to install , Ive been reading up on the other two on this form and they sound great as well. This one's caught my eye but need to know if i install the nowares version will I still get the ships? As i see there is a ship only version.. And is that all I need? Whats this bonus pack installer? lol

One thing i didn't like about X2 when i first played it was the story. So im looking for a mod that gives me another story or where i can ignore it and just play the game how i want.

I'll work it out sooner or later.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”