SSG Mod w/Mauzi, now w/33 ships (incl/Star Wars) - V 0.2.7e1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Creston
x3tc

Post by Creston » Fri, 25. Mar 05, 23:19

Good stuff DeadlyDa :)

Too busy with other games right now, but since the expansion is ganked, I might as well start over with your Mod from the start, and get one last few weeks of fun out of X2.

Thanks again for all your awesome work.

Creston

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sat, 26. Mar 05, 22:16

I might as well start over with your Mod from the start, and get one last few weeks of fun out of X2.
I'm not sure how far it is away from completion, but E.R.Hyland may be getting close to releasing his latest mod, which contains full MWM compatibility, plus more kewl & totally unique scripts than I can count.

The good news (from my perspective) is he is using quite a few of my ship models...so it not only plays good...it looks great :)

I have been playing with the beta, and it is unquestionably the best I have seen...and I been playing and modding X2 since it first hit the stores here in the US.

I'll ask E.R.H. if there is a proposed release date...but I suspect the answer is "when it's done" :D

DerGraf
x3

Post by DerGraf » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 01:37

Isn't it possible to make a mod whitch has JUST added the ships to the shipyards.
Without laser balancing (i've a problem with other mods)
and without deleting the originals, because I don't want to play without them.
If it's possible it would be nice to give it to me :-)
Es gab mal eine Frau namens Schlicht,
die reiste häufig schneller als das Licht.
Eines Tages brach sie auf, relativ gedacht,
und kehrte zurück in der vergangenen Nacht.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 01:40

Deadlys mod has a ships only but it still replaces a few ships that are in the game more imformation in the first post :D
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

DerGraf
x3

Post by DerGraf » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 02:01

I'm using the only ships.....
But it would be very nice to have a mod where the ships are added
and that's it.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 02:15

you mean added new ships and leave the EgoSoft created ships as they are? could be done but there are limits in the number of slots available for new ships in the Tships I just unpack other peoples mods and take the v and cut files for the ships I like add them to my personal mod :D

Currently have modded:

2 M2's (Using Paranid and Split M2 slot)
1 M6 (Using Argon M6 slot)
4 M3's (Using spare M3 slots)
2 M4's (using spare M4 alots)
2 TS's (using spare TS slots)
1 TL (using spare TL slot)
1 TP (using Argon TP slot and yes it still appears in cutscenes :D )
Egosoft Wiki

DerGraf
x3

Post by DerGraf » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 12:29

All of the ships are in the unused shipslots named Read-XYZ.
like i see it he put new ships to the shipyards and deleted the old ships from the game. He hasn't used shipslots which are used from egosoft before.
and btw the important ships are the "bigships" and the StarTrek M6 :-)
and if you can extract some ships can you say me what to do to take out the ships i want so that i have just some additional ships :-)

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Mon, 28. Mar 05, 15:29

Deadlys mod does take at least one Egosoft ship slot with the Split sulaco the ship it replaces is so danm ugly I am sure no one will notice lol, which ship's from his mod do you want to use? feel I should explain something though the startrek M6 works best in an M6 slot there are only the race slots and the Gunner/Sonra M6's slot's available it's not realy wise to replace the Gunner/Sonra as its part of the plot so if you want to dock with EQ docks the Startrek M6 must use an existing M6 slot I tried putting an M6 in another slot M3 but it then will try to be an M3 and dock with stations and get stuck in docking ports,and it will not allow docking of M5's even if it's Tships tell it to,I put it in the Centaur slot in my mod as this ship kicks ass I would rather it not be my ass it's kicking, I met one in a Assasination mission yesterday and I was sooooooooooooooo glad I was in an M2 :D!

As for big ships his Cetus uses the only spare bigship slot Xenon TL!
Egosoft Wiki

DerGraf
x3

Post by DerGraf » Wed, 30. Mar 05, 11:50

I've finisched the story and don't need the AP Gunner any more :-)
And the best ship is the Sulaco.
The "UFO" isn't bad, too.
I would use just this three ships.
Sulaco
Maquis-ship
and this UFO

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 1. Apr 05, 21:29

Its actually easy to make a mod out of another mod it's all trial and error until you get hang of it If i get time over weekend I shall write a little how to for ya but all the info you need is in sticky at the top of this forum :roll:
Egosoft Wiki

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 26. Apr 05, 06:41

Update:

Beta 0.2.6 - Quite a bit of new stuff. Added several more ships...now up to 22 (see below of details); tweaked a few meshes, and updated several textures. All-in-all, the models are starting to look better. Used the latest hack from our Russian partners to add capacity of 50 new ships (in addition to the standard X2 complement). Since I only use 22 ships, there are 28 truly "unused" slots not available in TShips. I also took advantage of the latest analysis on the graphic sectormap (again, from the Russian wizards) to provide a graphic in-game map of the custom galaxy map I ship with the mod...now you can actually see the added sectors when you jump/navigate around the map.

The gates on the custom sectormap are not perfect...and I'll have to finish the 0.1.6 version tomorrow (today?), as I am totally out of gas.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 26. Apr 05, 07:18

And at one time, to think, Russians were our biggest fear. Now they've finally let their 'Mad Scientists' out of the curtain to unleash their Mad Programming Skillz upon the unsuspecting universe.

Anywho, need any info on the effects file Deadly? Or you got all you need from my other scattered posts?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 26. Apr 05, 16:28

Anywho, need any info on the effects file Deadly? Or you got all you need from my other scattered posts?
I have been following the threads of the special effects you have been doing...nice stuff.

Currently, my mod is focused on providing custom graphics and a revised galaxy map. The primary "game play" alteration is the use of Mauzi!'s ship rebalancing 0.89 (or the tweaked type files in the 0.1.6 version).

Given the delay in the next release of the "X" series, I'll probably consider altering some of the visual and audio effects. Unfortunately, given RL...this may be awhile. (Getting out the current release took way too much time :roll: )

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 26. Apr 05, 17:22

sw33t stuff DeadlyDa! I can't wait to see the new sector map and the likes. Too bad I won't have too much time to try this for I leave this house for like 5 hours. :( Tho you can count on me to jump right back on X2 when I get home! 8)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 26. Apr 05, 23:18

Still cleaning up the debris from the marathon effort to get 0.2.6 out the door.

One or two very minor bugs reported (missing sensors/radars on Erebus), one or two "gate link" graphic images missing for a couple of the custom sectors, etc...all small stuff which I'll pick up with a minor update later. (Minor update meaning only graphic tweaks...no restart required.)

I also need to finish the instructions I promised on how to cut & paste TShip entries so you can pick & choose which ships you want which race to fly. As it is, all races get their default ships, and my 22 custom ships are available in the (not so hidden, any more) custom shipyard. It's not fool-proof, but works pretty well. No unpacking or packing of mod files...all you need is a text editor and DoubleShadow's X2 ModManager.

I'll hopefully get 0.1.6 up later tonight, and try and make some progress on the rats & mice that are nibbling at my toes :roll:

In the interim, several modders have asked for a part correlation table (e.g. what ship/station parts are required for each model).

It is actually quite a bit of data, so I stuck into an MS Excel spreadsheet.

Here is the link...which I will also add to the download links at the top of this thread.

http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... V0.x.6.zip

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 01:34

You know, this might be a little offtopic, but the Trident looks more of a frigate then a corvette, I mean comeon, it's bigger then a corvette, smaller then a (normal) M2, can carry 2 ships, and has a weapon load-out of a small M2! I say the Trident is a damn Frigate! :rant:

I still need to try out the Harpy and see if thats a frigate...

Anyways, nice job on the sector sizes and new stuff Deadly. :D 'Cpet I have some "Readdata" stuff in my local equipment dock... how do I fix that? :(

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 03:15

'Cpet I have some "Readdata" stuff in my local equipment dock...
I had some trouble with my installation of DS's X2 Editor, and killed the galaxy edit mode. (That's what you get for running a full C++/J++ development environment.) The result was I had to use the ingame galaxy editor to validate the map prior to release, and I must have forgot to remove some of the init/setup scripts from the X2 Bonus Pack (or maybe something Xai?)...

Anyway, let me know the numbers on the "Read Text" messages, and I'll send you a 1-time script that will strip them out. Also, once I know what they are, I can remove them from the galaxy map. That way they can get picked up in the "mini-update" I'll put up this weekend.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 03:54

OK...I found the non-existant software. For those people who have already started a game, here is a script that will run at init time, and remove the "Read Text" messages from the stations. It's safe (as any script can be), since if you actually install the scripts that caused the messages...there won't be any "Read Text" messages :D

http://www.flatrock.org.nz/wolf/images/ ... xt-Fix.rar

I'll post the 0.2.6a mini-update shortly, with the corrected map for those that haven't yet started a new game.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 04:11

I can't wait till I get some real quailty time with this mod... too busy with making VoidSpace and working out it's kinks. :cry: Oh how I dislike programming soo... WTF am I saying? Programming r0xx0rz and kicks the arse out of being just a user!
:lol:

Hopefully tomarrow I'll have time. Tho only if I get all these new sounds for my game working and also redo the targeting reticle. :shock:

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 05:08

Update: Beta 0.2.6a - Argh! A couple of "Read Text" messages slipped into the Equipent Docks...I was using some scripts during final validation of the galaxy map. There is also a small setup script to remove them if you already started a game.

Obviously, there is no need to install these two scripts unless you already started a game with 0.2.6...and are getting the dreaded "Read Text" messages.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”