SSG Mod w/Mauzi, now w/33 ships (incl/Star Wars) - V 0.2.7e1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

OspreyOne
x3

Post by OspreyOne » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 20:30

I quite fancied trying out the "ship only" mod that is supplied in this thread.
Unfortunately, when I select the mod and start a new game the first loading screen comes up and then the game crashes to desktop after about 10secs.
When I go back to the "original" game and start a new game it works.
I have tried the self-extract and the .rar versions but they both crash. :evil:
I was wondering if there is a problem running this mod with 1.4 and the Uni Trader and BPH updates installed??
Sorry if this has already been explained, I had a quick scan of posts in the thread for simular probs but could find none.
Hope someone can help. :)

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 22:01

OspreyOne,

Ah...that'd be a major "bad" on my part.

My apologies, when I packaged the three versions for release, I apparently regressed the modified OBJ files in the "Ship Only" version.

This meant that I had a TShips with 164 entries, and an x2story.obj with 114..which as you unfortunately discovered, doesn't work very well :oops:

Anyway, it is now sorted, and the fresh "Ship Only" version seems to work fine.

Umpa Lumpa
x3tc

Post by Umpa Lumpa » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 22:56

I have the new galaxy and equiptment but cant find any new ships. Am I doing something wrong.
Last edited by Umpa Lumpa on Wed, 27. Apr 05, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 23:06

DeadlyDa wrote:OspreyOne,

Ah...that'd be a major "bad" on my part.

My apologies, when I packaged the three versions for release, I apparently regressed the modified OBJ files in the "Ship Only" version.

This meant that I had a TShips with 164 entries, and an x2story.obj with 114..which as you unfortunately discovered, doesn't work very well :oops:

Anyway, it is now sorted, and the fresh "Ship Only" version seems to work fine.

I was about to PM ya about this :roll:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 23:47

davidaspy,

Well, if you've got the galaxy map and the new equipment, then there should be a single M5 Scout in the Player HQ.

The rest of the ships can be purchased from the hidden shipyard. It's not that big a secret any more, given the mod has been out for some time...but if you haven't found it, head way south...it's in
Spoiler
Show
the sector "War Zone 1505"...just east of "Great Reef"
I had planned to get the non-Mauzi! version posted today (0.1.6)...but I ran out of time, and duty calls. I'll be out of town until Friday evening, but will check this forum for questions and/or issues.

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Thu, 28. Apr 05, 00:05

I was wondering if there was a way to use the R.A mod ships with your?

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Thu, 28. Apr 05, 05:59

I was wondering if there was a way to use the R.A mod ships with your?
I would make the same request, although I realize that their is much more to your mod then the ships. Perhaps we can repackage and combine both sets of ships in CAT/DAT 04, and use 05/mod selection to carry the rest of your mod?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sat, 30. Apr 05, 05:08

There are 28 unused new TShip entries in my mod as shipped...so th short answer is yes.

However, you would need to add the necessary ship scene and part files from the /cut and /v folders, cut & paste the appropriate TShip entries over one of the unused TShip entries in my mod, and then repackage the mod.

Of course, if you wanted to have them available in the hidden shipyard, you'd need to script them in, or edit the galaxy map and add them as products to the shipyard (and of course, repackage the mod).

So the long answer is you need to be able to do some modding. There are a couple of modders who have asked for permission to use some of my ships, as well as some of RA's, and the Betas I've seen are pretty nice.

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sat, 30. Apr 05, 13:32

Deadly,

With the expanded size of most of your sectors, there is a need for a new and improved scanner. Do you have something in the works that improves on the triplex scanner?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sat, 30. Apr 05, 19:10

Do you have something in the works that improves on the triplex scanner?
I have thought about it...but up until now it hasn't been a priority.

While I actually run my personal game with quite a few scripts, I have held off on including scripts with my mod in order to allow players to include whatever they lin

It is not particulary hard to do, and I already use a custom "go fast" script that E.R.Hyland developed for his upcoming MWM-capable mod.

Let me give it some thought...it may be time for me to release an optional script pack with my mod(s).

NogginTheNog
x3

Problem - I can't see the ships!!!

Post by NogginTheNog » Mon, 2. May 05, 21:25

Deadly,

I downloded your mod and installed it following your instructions. I started a new game in the custome universe and umm, err I can't see any of those lovely new ships.

Both Dedly's Sandbox and the "hidden" sector are there but none of the ships look any different. There are also three stations in the hidden sector the show as "Station Debris", are they supposed to be?

Please help!
:(

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 2. May 05, 22:06

NogginTheNog,

I just downloaded the version that is currently online, and did a quick test. The Deadly Shipyard in the "hidden" sector is up in the NE corner. Remember, the sectors are 1.6x bigger than a standard X2 sector, and you may need to fly around some to see all the objects. Flying in from the West gate will not show the shipyard, even with a Triplex scanner. (If you fly in from the East gate, the Shipyard will show up immediately on a Triplex scanner.)

However, I'm glad I checked, since the free M5 Scout that is supposed to pre-loaded into the Player HQ in Deadly's Sandbox has "morphed" into some sort of Mobile Mining Equipment :oops:

I am taking a few days off after way too much travel, and plan to use the time to get the 0.1.6 (non-Mauzi! version) posted, and do a bit of clean-up. Given that I've added another ship (the "mini-carrier"), and there has been a few small bugs uncovered, I'll probably post a minor update to 0.2.6 in a few days as well.

Once I post the "minor update, any new ships and/or graphic tweaks should show up "automagically". However, the free M5 Scout will remain MIA until a restart. (Of course, you can still buy all you want from the Deadly Shipyard.)

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Mon, 2. May 05, 22:56

I'm looking forward to the 1.6 upgrade I must say I lovvvvvvvvvve Your mod. 8)

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 3. May 05, 05:58

Beta 0.2.6b - Another small update, with 1 new ship. A couple of graphic/texture tweaks, added a mini-carrier (a small M1-like ship, that carries 25 fighters). Also fixed the missing "free" M5 Scout that was supposed to be waiting for you in the Player HQ...I had accidentally "morphed" it into a Mobile Mining Equipment.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 3. May 05, 13:19

DeadlyDa wrote:Beta 0.2.6b - Another small update, with 1 new ship. A couple of graphic/texture tweaks, added a mini-carrier (a small M1-like ship, that carries 25 fighters). Also fixed the missing "free" M5 Scout that was supposed to be waiting for you in the Player HQ...I had accidentally "morphed" it into a Mobile Mining Equipment.

and a damn fine carrier it is ... :wink:

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 3. May 05, 16:03

I'm currently working with the load out of the carrier to have more Anit-Fighter weapons(HEPTs) then Anit-Capship weapons(PPCs). I'm trying to get Alpha/Beta PPC's in the front and the rest will be APPCs and GHEPTs. 8)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

NogginTheNog
x3

Post by NogginTheNog » Thu, 5. May 05, 23:40

DeadlyDa wrote:NogginTheNog,

I just downloaded the version that is currently online, and did a quick test. The Deadly Shipyard in the "hidden" sector is up in the NE corner. Remember, the sectors are 1.6x bigger than a standard X2 sector, and you may need to fly around some to see all the objects. Flying in from the West gate will not show the shipyard, even with a Triplex scanner. (If you fly in from the East gate, the Shipyard will show up immediately on a Triplex scanner.)

However, I'm glad I checked, since the free M5 Scout that is supposed to pre-loaded into the Player HQ in Deadly's Sandbox has "morphed" into some sort of Mobile Mining Equipment :oops:

I am taking a few days off after way too much travel, and plan to use the time to get the 0.1.6 (non-Mauzi! version) posted, and do a bit of clean-up. Given that I've added another ship (the "mini-carrier"), and there has been a few small bugs uncovered, I'll probably post a minor update to 0.2.6 in a few days as well.

Once I post the "minor update, any new ships and/or graphic tweaks should show up "automagically". However, the free M5 Scout will remain MIA until a restart. (Of course, you can still buy all you want from the Deadly Shipyard.)
I've downloded the latest version and everything seems to be working just greaat now. It's a fantastic mod and brings back that feeling of exploring the unknown that I got when I ran X2 the first time.

Thanks

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Fri, 6. May 05, 00:25

NogginTheNog,

Glad you like it. Making the ships is almost as much fun as flying them :lol:

I have decided to do a partial set of Babylon 5 ships, just for grins. I haven't yet decided on which ships to use...I'm still looking at the models. Once I select the list (M1, M2, M6, M3, etc), it will take some time, since I prefer to do my own meshes.

I may delay even further, since I'm pretty close to having a Star Wars ISD ready. Worse, I am looking at doing some more custom stations...especially if CheckerTwo comes through with some additional planned "enhancements" to the OBJ files.

Personally, I don't feel like the Star Wars ships really fit that well in the X2 universe...but since we can now pretty much add as many ships as we like, and a lot of people have been asking...what the hey?

TheEvilSquirrel
x2

Post by TheEvilSquirrel » Fri, 6. May 05, 01:21

Babylon 5 ships :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please do the Excalabur (or how ever the hell you spell it :P) the ship form crusade. that ship would look SOOO cool if you could get the "Wing" beam guns + the main one to converge on your target (have them all as the main gun i.e the one you fire from the cotpit (if you do make it PLEASE make the only weapon the main gun can accept have the same look as the kharrk end game UBER beam)

man i said please a lot in this message

your's stickily
FADM Evil Squirrel XXXVIIII345% Esq (professor of comedy (semi self proclamed))

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sat, 14. May 05, 19:57

Has anyone seen an ISD around here....... :P :P :P :roll:

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”