SSG Mod w/Mauzi, now w/33 ships (incl/Star Wars) - V 0.2.7e1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sat, 14. May 05, 21:09

Has anyone seen an ISD around here.....
Just got done with a righteous MTB ride, and am packaging it up now.

I was a bit hesitant putting it in this (the Mauzi!) version of the SSG mod, since it is so ridiculously over-gunned. But what the hey, just 'cuase it's available in the Deadly Shipyard doesn't mean you have to run out and by one :D

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sun, 15. May 05, 01:06

I was a bit hesitant putting it in this (the Mauzi!) version of the SSG mod, since it is so ridiculously over-gunned.
Don't worry about that. I have a guy ready to demilitarize the extra turrets. :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 15. May 05, 22:59

Beta 0.2.6c now available for download.

I added a model of the Star Wars Imperator Star Destroyer. I also managed to figure out how to enable custom Bump Mapping, and applied it to some of the models. The M5 Scout, M4 Darkship, M6 Harpy, M2 Styx, M1 Acheron (and of course, the new Imperator) all look lots better. I will re-texture the rest of the models in the next update...but people were asking for the ISD. Also also changed the impact effect of the PPC series of weapons to the one used for the Mass Driver...much better performance. The x2story.obj and x2galedit.obj files have been modified to allow 55 additional ships.

NogginTheNog
x3

Post by NogginTheNog » Mon, 16. May 05, 09:25

Deadly,

Fantastic ISD model, it truely is awesome!

Do you have any plans to add this to your mod without Mauzi's rebalancing?

I know what you are thinking, just when you think it's finished someone always wants something else!! No worries if you don't plan to add it to the old mod I'll have a go myself.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Noggin

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 16. May 05, 17:26

NogginTheNog said:
Do you have any plans to add this to your mod without Mauzi's rebalancing?
Absolutely, it's in the works as I type this. Given RL workload this week, it may be a day or so. Packaging is easy, but the testing takes time.

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Sun, 22. May 05, 18:09

hi
just started playing this yesterday and i love it

i am playing with wares version in custom x2 universe but it seems a bit quiet without the khaak

will they appear at some point?

cheers

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 23. May 05, 05:43

Well...I haven't been providing additional scripts, since I assume everyone has their favorites.

As it is now, the mod(s) behave exactly as the standard X2 game does...you can play with the plot...or you can start without, and run around with the same level of conflict that you would get without the mod. Personally, i like to irritate the Split...with the Mauzi! rebalancing files, it makes for some intense combat.

Eventually the "bad guys" will show up (as they do in the standard X2 game). However, when I'm looking for some really intense combat situations, I have a couple of different scripts that I run. I can send you something, or you can download the "invasion" script of your choice :D

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Wed, 25. May 05, 07:55

OK...it's done (for now) :roll:

Beta 0.2.6d is available for download from the links in the 1st post of this thread.

This is a Major update, and was published in synch with the other mods I produce.

I added three new Star war ships; the Tie Defender, Tie Interceptor, and Tie Bomber. The Tie fighters have a custom cockpit, which is the main reason for the delay in getting this release out the door. Thanks to CheckerTwo, we can now add some entirely new weapons to X2...so I added the Alpha/Beta/Gamma versions of the RPIC (Rapid Pulse Ion Cannon) and HOTL (High Output Turbo-Laser). The only ships that are currently capable of equipping the RPIC and HOTL are the four ships from the Star Wars universe. Once I get the correct balance of hull/shield damage, rate of fire, etc...I will upgrade some of the other ships to accept the new weapons types. I also replaced my old Fission missile with three entirely new Alpha/Beta/Gamma flavors. In the course of adding in the necessary missile factories and laser forges, I found a couple of small bugs in my in-game graphic map display...now sorted. In addition to placing the new ships in the Deadly shipyard (as usual), I also added them as additional ships to the Split. There are also a couple of Split shipyards with ISD's.

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Wed, 25. May 05, 15:34

this may seem a silly question but i am new to scripting

i have a universe set up with 2.6c so can i just download 2.6d and carry on playing or do i need to start a new game

keep up the good work :)

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Wed, 25. May 05, 16:33

...can i just download 2.6d and carry on playing or do i need to start a new game...
To use 2.6d, you need to restart. Otherwise the new weapons, missiles, factories/forges, etc won't exist in the Universe.

A restart is always required when new objects are added.

I have recieved a bug report on the Banshee (M3), so I'll be updating the mods shortly. However, if you start 2.6d now, you would not need to restart again to pick up any minor graphic fixes.

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Wed, 25. May 05, 18:28

ok thanks

Moody
x3tc

fun

Post by Moody » Thu, 2. Jun 05, 20:39

this mod is great fun so far!

I finally, after a long long time of doing missions, got enough money to buy an ISD, I don't see the 34 guns in front turret thing.

I only saw 8 or 9 on front turret. I understand the limit of 6 turrets.
Moody
What do you expect?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Fri, 3. Jun 05, 00:50

Ah...that would be on "oops" on my part. I should have updated the readme for 0.2.6d. Since it is based on Mauzi!'s ship/weapon rebalancing work, having 54 lasers in the ISD tended to create a serious imbalance.

At the last minute, I reduced the ISD lasers in 0.2.6d to only fire 8 from the front turret. The hardpoints are still there, I just "de-tuned" TShips.

The 0.1.6d and "Bun-Bun versions still fire all 34 front lasers.

Sorry :oops:

Raptordraco
x3tc

Post by Raptordraco » Wed, 15. Jun 05, 11:04

Excellent mod deadly, cant wait untill you add the rebel ships.

keep up the great work

Painkiller
x2

Post by Painkiller » Fri, 17. Jun 05, 08:34

Hi@ all!

I´m from the german forum and have a question about this mod. I´ve installed the german-version made by barron, but i´ve some little problems with it:

Installing the mod, starting a new game is no problem.
But after playing some ingame hours the game hangs up, and now always at the same ingame playing time it hangs up again.

It only happens when i´m playing with this mod.

I´ve switched off the UT, the Bhp and all the other scripts i´ve found. But nothing´s gone make it better.

Maybe there is are little troubles with the *.ini file from this mod, maybe?

I´ve this problem only with this mod, all the others are working fine.

For a little help i would be really happy!

Yours, Painkiller

PS: Sorry for my English, school is a long time ago :wink:

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Fri, 17. Jun 05, 18:39

Hi again. Has anyone had trouble getting a xenon L fighter to leave a boron dock yard?

Mine keeps hitting the side and getting bounced back and forth untill destruction.

I use the double escape key to leave docks.

johntarmac
x3tc

Post by johntarmac » Fri, 17. Jun 05, 20:44

i've had the game freeze when entering stations but cured it by turning autosave off

crimsonharbinger
x2

Post by crimsonharbinger » Sat, 18. Jun 05, 08:06

I have a little bit of a problem myself. For some reason, whenever I try to buy a capital ship from the deadly shipyard; the ship will be bought and then when the screen pops up to equip the ship; it will say that is is not possible. Really weird. I was using a money hack at the time to test out the ships so I'm not sure if that is part of it. Buying the fighters is ok, just the cap ships. Great mod though so far, really liked being able to fly some new ships for a change.

Kadaas
x3

Post by Kadaas » Sat, 18. Jun 05, 12:56

Crimson= Am guessing your in sector when you purchase the ship (large ones).Head out of sector .purchase the ship,and move it away from the dock before you jump in that sector....Some of the new ships are a bit too wide the wing tips are touching the docks,so they blow up (..

Deadly knows about the prob and will adjust em soon me thinks ).

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Sat, 18. Jun 05, 16:12

johntarmac: i have the same problem. but only turnig the autosave of didn't helped. I have to stay out from Orebelt, cause it only apperas there each 3. or 4. time i dock at a station.

Huefte

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”