New script - Auto Dock Command (UPDATED - 02/02/05)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 4. Mar 05, 20:30

This really needs to be listed in the unsigned scripts sticky. A very handy tool. Thanks, DeltaWolf. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 5. Mar 05, 03:37

done™
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 5. Mar 05, 21:59

Burianek wrote:done™
Thank you, kind sir. :) :thumb_up:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Andrew TS
x2

Post by Andrew TS » Mon, 26. Sep 05, 20:29

Hi DeltaWolf
Great script but it conflicts with XaiCorps Jump Drive and Navigation Command software. I would like to use this script is there anything that could be done ??

LifeMatrix
x2

Post by LifeMatrix » Mon, 9. Jul 07, 07:52

Great script but it conflicts with XaiCorps Jump Drive and Navigation Command software. I would like to use this script is there anything that could be done ??
Yes.
Can something be done to reconcile those conflicts?

I'd be willing to try to edit the script myself, but I'm totally inexperienced with scripting in X2.

Would there happen to be any tutorial on how to resolve script conflicts?
"I'm going to hang up this phone and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible." - Neo, The Matrix

LifeMatrix
x2

Post by LifeMatrix » Fri, 13. Jul 07, 03:15

To let others know:

I posted about this to the F.A.C.T.S. board and got several replies. (They seem to be a very courtious and helpful bunch. :) ) This thread can be found here:

http://www.facts-games.net/Board/index. ... =2249&st=0

BTW: The main download link above is broken. Previously I had only been able to find Autodock_V1.2. DeltaWolf replied that he has changed websites and the new download link for Autodock_V1.2 is here:

http://www.deltaw7.co.za/X2/Autodock_V1.2.zip

Also, I was told that, because there are so many scripts for X2 it is inevitable that some scripts will conflict with each other. They told me that because there are a limited number of command slots available. So sometimes scripts will try to use the same command slot, causing a conflict.

And DeltaWolf wrote:
To resolve this problem, it has to be user specific. You should look at what other scripts you have installed and find a free slot. Then change the script to suit. (When the script was written there were no conficts)
Of course, that would mean knowing how to edit (i.e., debug or alter) scripts. :|
"I'm going to hang up this phone and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible." - Neo, The Matrix

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”