Help Me Please Someone

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

private mofo
x2

Help Me Please Someone

Post by private mofo » Wed, 26. Jan 05, 19:35

Are there any ship designers that let you use ships you made in the game apart from 3DMax. I don't have 5000 euro to splash-out on design software. At the moment i could be making soooooo many ships, i have some brilliant ideas as well, it is most frustrating. :evil: *edit-burianek*. I have such good ideas but nothing to produce them with.

Cheers
Dancing on the head of a pin is not a talent if the head of the pin is considerably larger then you........

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 01:05

It states in the forum rules that all discussions involving warez, or the illegal transfer of software are strictly prohibited. You've been warned.

If you poke around the forum, you'll find that this question has been asked and answered many times. If you model a ship in a program that can then be imported into 3ds max, if you ask nicely enough someone around here that has 3ds max will import it, and then use the plugin to export it into a format that X2 can read. Don't ask me which programs are good, I don't know. There are multiple threads on this subject however, and this might be answered in the tutorials dealing with gfx modding linked from the tutorials and resources sticky.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

private mofo
x2

Post by private mofo » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 20:43

sorry about the illegal warez thing. I won't do it again sorry once again. :(
Dancing on the head of a pin is not a talent if the head of the pin is considerably larger then you........

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Thu, 27. Jan 05, 22:21

Anywhoo, if you want to get a nice, free, (that'd be legitimately free, and Opensource) 3d modelling thing that did have some scripts to convert to 3dsmax you can check out Blender.

krapduude
x4

Post by krapduude » Fri, 28. Jan 05, 11:32

I have 3d studio max and tried some ship modelling but how can you get them in the game? Do you have to use parts from the original ships or can you just create your ship use it as it is?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 29. Jan 05, 02:12

There are many tutorials linked from the tutorials sticky at the top of this forum that detail how to add ships to X2.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

private mofo
x2

Post by private mofo » Sun, 30. Jan 05, 21:17

thanks guys i'll see what i can churn out after a week or two, and if there decent i'll contact someone and see if they'll use 3DMax to make them usable ingame :D

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”