Top Gun Mod V2.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

keitherwild6
x2

Praises And A Wish List

Post by keitherwild6 » Wed, 7. Sep 05, 00:35

Just so you know, your mod is by far the best i have played. I really want the station war mod and the race war mod, but there were too many bugs in it and unbalanced features and BUTT ugly ships... (I love X, but the lead artist needs an upgrade, even the babylon five ships which were 5 years ago are better...). Yours though just came in smooth, I started using the 1.5 and I can't wait for the update.

Your mod just happen to have the best collections of ships, and I love variety. Only only complaint, the laser tower weapon is either too cheap for its power or too strong for its price. I can knock out several CAPS with an xshuttle, and take note the support fighters I was up against were XAI updated.

If you don't mind I have a wish list.

1. The mobile infantry sounded really good, I was wondering if you can intregate it in your mod?

2. More ships! I know, I know. I really want to see MK1, MK2, etc design of a ship.

3. More space! Not too much! Just more!

4. The Spacesuit mod I've been reading about, looks really good.

More power to you and company!! Can't wait to see your mods for X3. SIGH too bad I won't be playing it till late 2007. LOL.

Harlock776
x2

Uuuuuuupdate!!!!!!

Post by Harlock776 » Wed, 7. Sep 05, 01:52

I am shooting for a release date by this weekend. I'm still tweaking some ship model details here and there and getting used to the object hack but I'm making progress. I've managed to get Deadly's ISD into my mod as the split M0 and I just finished working some bugs out of the teladi firebird. That space suit will be there for sure but it won't be in the cockpits like I originally wanted. Once you hit the boost button you can see down the neck of the model lol and it clutters up the cockpit anyways. I updated all the custom cockpits that I made in 1.0 and they all look a lot better now.

Lasertower weapons will get less powerful because some new weapons will be available to provide more power:-) :D

I will have some sort of pulse laser for the split based on LTW tech and it will have a really cool sound. Also capital ships will finally get some real huge main guns to fire. Giant beam guns that are very powerful but eat up a lot of energy. There will be a lesser version of that for turret guns for capships and used on the front guns of M6 as well. The LTW will be better balanced finally and oh yeah... when you blow something up like a station or ship you really know it lol, BOOM bang boom boom crash... can be heard instead of that dull default sound. Also missile explosions and small ship explosion sounds are much better.

keitherwild6
x2

I Hate You! Now I Can't Wait Even More! Hurry!

Post by keitherwild6 » Wed, 7. Sep 05, 14:15

HARLOCK WAY TO GO MAN!

Now I am even more impatient to see dl your mod, hehe hope you don't take offense! Great work man! And don't rush, I was joking! Man I can't wait to see your new ships! And the rebalacing of lasers sound good as well! Will there be compatability issues? And the suit sounds amazing! Don't really care if I don't see the cockpit view with it, I just want to see a good suit drop off a newly captured ship and.... Boom! HAR HAR!

keitherwild6
x2

Update?!?! Where Is It?

Post by keitherwild6 » Sun, 11. Sep 05, 14:59

Heya! Looking foward to your update, er I though I would post to keep this topic from going the third page! Man can't wait! Lol.

Harlock776
x2

Delays

Post by Harlock776 » Sun, 11. Sep 05, 16:30

Well some real life crap is keeping me from finishing the mod today but it should be ready by tomorrow at the latest.

Harlock776
x2

Wooooow

Post by Harlock776 » Tue, 13. Sep 05, 01:37

HOLY CRAP!!!! Some real progress has been made and I'm almost finished with this mod:-) All modelling is DONE I just need to tidy up the xshuttle cockpit and finish making two new guns and then assign them all to the appropriate ship types and distribute them throughout the x universe...

Latest weapon development that I am balancing right now is sort of an energy based mass driver like weapon but it looks freakin AWESOME!!! People are gonna go crazy over this gun it puts the fun back in combat lol.

I will post some pics later of the three new guns.

keitherwild6
x2

Post by keitherwild6 » Tue, 13. Sep 05, 16:57

Harlock! heya! Just a quick not, you adden the Ion Distrupter to the boron octopus and it can't equip it cause it can't handle M size items!

Also, if its is possible maybe you can either make the X shuttle even more expensive or town down its statistics, cause heck I have 43 of those and nothing I mean nothing can short of a Borg cube can shoot them down. And that is only if gp to the Xenon sectors.

In your previous installment the Paranid became very weak, not to mention the boron. The Teladi became overly powerful, since the argon were supposively developing the tech with them perhaps you should give them some new ships eh? The Split are jus that, splat, one shot from a fully upgraded Nova ang bam.

The Ai seems to have a boost when given the same statistics as The FIRLANCE mod did. Mathematically it seems it gives ship combat some sense, it needs some fine tuning though to make sure the ships are not to generic.

Also, the wide 'choices' of weapons for the ships are really useless as far as I am concerned (I am not alone in this assumption though) Perhaps it would it be great to have more ships and keep some weapon just for their use. Perhaps Nova and Nova MkII can have different weapons equipable to them eh?

But anyway all and all, YOUR mod is the one I've been playing these past stazuras, hehe, just do what you think is best, it is your mod!

Oh yeah hurry up... (Whip sound effect)

Joking!

Harlock776
x2

Weapons testing

Post by Harlock776 » Tue, 13. Sep 05, 20:05

Yeah that m size thing has been fixed lol it was missed last time didn't mean to make it the wrong size hehe. Oh the split will probably blow up the universe now with their new ISD and their improved capships hehe. The borons have a better armed M2 but it's not overgunned or anything. The x shuttle will go down eventually, I remember assigning them in groups of two and four as sector patrols for my trade routes and for a while they would last as long as a paranid nemesis but eventually one of them would get shot down and then the other couldn't last after that. When in groups of four they lasted a very long time.

The paranids... oh they have definitely upgraded their ships hehe most definitely.

keitherwild6
x2

Re: Weapons testing

Post by keitherwild6 » Tue, 13. Sep 05, 21:00

Harlock776 wrote:The paranids... oh they have definitely upgraded their ships hehe most definitely.
That's sounds kind of creepy... well, they are according to the x universe the most advance race. Hehe, except socially that is.

A suggestion as well, the Goner ship could be made available via Goner museum like the firelance mod.

The BlueWhite star and The Enterprise(This is probably the most beautiful ship I've ever driven!) seems out of place perhaps you'll make a version without this yes? I don't really mind the Borg cube cause its very xenon like anyway.

But the Enterprise style ship is definetely an innovation! Its seems like a flagship to me, I mean a tl plus carrier? WOW! And the Sheer SIZE of the SHIP was awe inspiring. Now only if the Titan was THAT big! Then it would look more like a Titan. That reminds me, the Cap ships in X seems a bit small, needs at least a 15 percent increase in size.(Just a thought)

Harlock776
x2

size matters

Post by Harlock776 » Tue, 13. Sep 05, 23:35

Yeah I've already taken care of the size thing for all of the cap ships. Actually the sovereign is very different looking and it's description file says that the original blueprints for it were found in the xshuttle database so that implies that it has an earth design. Thats something the argons couldn't come up with on their own and it sounds like it fits hehe.

Paranids... actually I hate those three eyes bugs espacially that mancosak jerk that lives on the trading station in priests rings. I'm gonna blow up that station quite a bit lol.

I made the goner ship available in the warf in sector cloudbase south east. I tried dumping it into the goner temple but it wouldn't be sellable no matter what so it had to go somewhere lol. Better to buy it than spacejack some goners.

Oh also the sovereign is a TL class technically because it is meant to be an exploratory ship that can help to colonize new sectors not just defend or attack. Thats another reason why it's weapons loadout is extremely limited. Star trek ships only use phaser type weapons anyway but the alpha psg fits in because it can take down shields fast and thats usually what happens on the star trek shows is they try to disable their enemies rather than destroy them right away lol.

coldwynn
x3

Post by coldwynn » Wed, 14. Sep 05, 01:19

Great piece of work Harlock776. I enjoy this mod and as a result have once again been compelled to ... invest ... too many hours into X2. I like how you added to and improved upon the ships, but kept most of the favorites intact. The ship variety is welcome and there are no ugly ducklings. The additional weapons are also fun for all. The added effects are believable. I like my Defiant.

One change I would make (heh, everyone is entitled to an opinion) is more shielding for capital ships. I know some have been boosted, but a little more wouldn't hurt. I picture capital ship battles as more of a deliberate wearing down than a larger version of fighters. X2 took the latter approach so the additional shielding you added is a step towards what I am thinking.

I know this is your mod, but what the heck. Lasertowers could use a boost in shielding over standard. Factories could use a boost in shielding. The capital ship pitch, yaw, and roll could be turned down by 80-90% (makes piloting more thoughtful) and the speed boosted by 10% or so. I'm not sure what effect this would have on OOSD. Plopping some more shield and weaponry factories down wouldn't hurt as long as they have additonal support factories. These suggestions come immmediately to mind.

The TGM is great under your care and vision. Just keep doing what you're doing and don't mind me if I'm making suggestions that do not match your vision. I look forward to your next release, but look forward to X3 more. :)

keitherwild6
x2

Post by keitherwild6 » Wed, 14. Sep 05, 22:35

(Knock on the door) You done yet? (No answer) Nuts...

Harlock776
x2

soon

Post by Harlock776 » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 03:29

Well I have decided that I will do my best to release by this weekend FOR SURE this time lol. Right now I'm fine tuning the placement of all the new gun fabs in the x universe. I need to adjust their prices as well lol some of them are very expensive and shouldn't be. There will be five new guns to use that range from fighter to capship and there is a MAINGUN now for those main front gun mounts on capships... it fires at one round a minute and takes just as long to charge. One shot takes all the gun energy, it's max range is around 12k:-) Great for getting that first shot in so your turrets can hammer down whats left and destroy the remains.

One volley from four mainguns can take down 75% of the shielding on a station and all stations now have 6 125MW shields. watching one of these main guns go off is interesting lol... when they hit the fighter explosion graphic is used to illustrate their impact and they have an impact sound too:-)

keitherwild6
x2

Post by keitherwild6 » Fri, 16. Sep 05, 08:12

One of the things I really hated about the Ion Distruptor is its tendancy to hit everything in sight. Perhaps you can make a second shiled depleting weapon? An Ion Beam perhaps? you can use the white beam lase effect from firelance. Or perhaps an EMP missile? A missile with absolutely no hull damage?

One of the most annoying thins I found in X2 is the ability to install weapons on the fly, perfect for cap ships but kind of out place for fighters.

Well, I am rambling. So keep up the good work!

(Pulls the subject up to the top of the page.) Grunt!

Harlock776
x2

Almost There

Post by Harlock776 » Fri, 16. Sep 05, 21:04

Oh it's comin out real soon just as soon as I can find some space to store it so shadowtek can get to it and move it over to his site. I've been playtesting it for two days now and tweaking some things here and there. LOL I sped up the gamma ppc bullets to 900 and the xenons were suddenly almost unbeatable lol so I bumped it back down to 700. The xenons have handed me my arse on a platter several times already even with a sovereign class ship fully loaded with the new weapons. Even an ISD has some trouble with them so it's more challenging now you can't just cruise in there and sit still and watch the enemies die all around you. You have to do some work and finally those quantum torpedos have a good use hehe... knocking out xenon k before they get too close. The new main gun weapon takes care of the khaaka clusters. Hopefully the next post here from me will be about the mod being ready.

Harlock776
x2

Red Alert This Is Not A Drill!!!!!!

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 06:49

RED ALERT THIS IS NOT A DRILL THE TOP GUN MOD VERSION 2.0 IS NOW AVAILABLE!!!!

Proceed immediately to this site http://www.***/Forum/viewtopi ... =3133#3133 to download the TOP GUN MOD 2.0 ASAP!!!!!!!

There are now SIXTY THREE ships and FIVE new guns available and many more features:-) It's all good... ahhhhhhh finally finished with this mod it took FOREEEEEEEVER lol but it's finally done. Hope everyone likes it. :D

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 07:18

New version up, see first post :)
Proud member of the PHPBB Network!
Feel free to upload or download X2 Mods!!

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 10:23

Never mind i manage to fix it. :oops:

DZorro,
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 13:54

The new version seems to be great :) :)

but the 't' file is missing !! :(

keitherwild6
x2

Heeeeelpp!

Post by keitherwild6 » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 13:57

HARLOCK!

I've tried downloading it sic times already, and everytime it seems to give me a garbled set of code! the explorer opens and displays code!

HELP!!

NEED THE.... mod... must have.... send to... keitherwild6@yahoo.com if less than... GASP.... 10mb.... lol... cough...

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”