The Khaak Conflict

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 15:00

CKarl wrote:
AdmiralTigerclaw wrote:It has to be defined somewhere... and I just scanned the entire 44001 file. I noticed lots of the command slots, I bet with editing, you can introduce new command slots for scripters to use.

However the X2 music is set up... it is set up based on the 20 by 15 sector grid map and includes sectors that aren't even in the original map.

So I'm betting its linked to wherever X2's grid is set up.

Where does X2 define the limitations of its grid? Find that, (not the sector maps, the actual definition of the GRID) and I'll bet you a subspace shockwave cannon that you'll find the music definitions control too.
This is off topic but, I just had to say this... I thought you were not a n00b. :( You SERIOUSLY disappoint me. What sectors play for sound is defined in the Galaxy Map files and can be edited easyly just by using the in-game Galaxy Editor. Correct me if I am wrong.
... there's an in-game galaxy editor?
//----------------------------------
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 15:10

it should be .. never tried .. same as script-editor .."Thereshallbewings" only now in the start-screen .. according the docu. ..

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 15:17

well, i'll be.

anyways, looks like you can type "Thereshallbewings" at the main menu, and start a new game in Galaxy Edit mode. once in your own game, visit each seetor, go to the sector map, and hit "m", and you will be prompted to change the sector's music track. voila!

see, you do learn something new every day.
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 16:53

>.< Damit! Was I only one of the few who tried "Thereshallbewings" in the main menu? I thought the in-game galaxy editor was common knowlage, I can't make a good galaxy without going into the In-Game galaxy editor to tweak things and see how stuff looks! :shock:
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 16:58

Will it alter a custom map? Or will it be onetime only changes to the main game map. I don't want to makethe point all but moot in my effort if it's only going to to one machine. (Doing music call changes that is.)

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 17:06

Hell yes it'll alter a custom map. And it's not one-time anything, you just need to "export" it from the In-Game Galaxy Editor before you exit to save all your changes to the .xml file.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

milling_hordesman
x3

Post by milling_hordesman » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 17:27

yes. you basically tell it to load up a galaxy like starting a normal "custom" game. it then loads the map from the file name you specify. you can then change most aspects of the galaxy, and then you can export it from one of the menus (probably the one you gett to by hitting enter) to whatever filename you specify. thus you could load up your galaxy, change the music, and export it to a different file name to test and make sure nothing else got changed.
--the milling_hordesman

Me Mods

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 19. Apr 05, 22:34

*Strokes non-existant, four foot long, kungfumaster beard*

Excelent... I ponderfy, that if it merely asks for numbers, I can add totally new music tracks to the map, and thus, THE MOD! MUAAAAAAAAHAHAH-COUGH! Note to self, don't lose self in maniacal laughter.

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Wed, 20. Apr 05, 00:48

I will try to script 1) version. In simple linear way, may be just factories owned be random races, and checking if resources is avaible in any non khaak factory. Player will have to balance things or just "feed" factories he need moust.
Well, I am close to finishing this script: it will work as al.plugin. Will build 8 moust needed military factories for random races: Argon, Boron, Teladi and Paranid (and Cahoona Bakery for Argons - there is none available, over food factories are already placed). Factories start appearing after an hour in half hour intervals. There will be big shortage of ore so I will add Ore Mine to Argon Shipyard (Boron one is too expensive) so Player could fill the gap and earn some good money.

I omitted Split becouse theirs M5s are too good "source of money" :twisted: and after such "bad players behaviour" it will be really hard to get access to theirs factories :(

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Wed, 20. Apr 05, 04:44

I suspect that somewhere out there, there are around 100 Khaak sectors where a real and alien economy exists. We will have to invade and defeat these sectors in order to finally destroy their ability to raid our sectors. To do so will mean fighting a massive war along the line of yet unknown enemy sectors which divide the two areas of space. But, once we break through; once we begin to wreck their productive resources; they will no longer be able to produce and equip the ships needed to either fight us or raid us.

X2 has forced us to police our own sectors for long enough. It is time to take the war to the Khaaks; time to force them to focus on policing their own vulnerable lines of communications. So Arm your ships. The great border war is about to begin. :roll: :idea: :roll:

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 20. Apr 05, 05:24

Excelent HAHAAAA Excelent....

HA HAHA... HA HAHA HAHA!

I've already got my prototype PPCs armed and ready. Omega Photon Pulse Cannons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/ ... reen29.jpg

And I will command the attack from my WAR ROOM!

(Yes, that is my command center/workstation)

adam00
x4

Post by adam00 » Sat, 23. Apr 05, 13:34

Extension to The Khaak Conflict by LV - Races military progress

The extension will build some moust needed military factories producing:
1 MW Shield
Mosquito Missile
Gamma Impulse Ray Emitter
Alpha Particle Accelerator Cannon
Gamma Particle Accelerator Cannon
Ion Disruptor
25 MW Shield
Alpha High Energy Plasma Thrower

The factories will be build randomly by 4 races: Argon, Boron, Teladi and Paranid. Argon additionaly will build Argon Cahoona Bakery becouse there is non avaible. Building will start after an hour of play (from new game start) and next factories will be build in one hour intervals. If you add this extension to already started game building will take shorter, if you played over 9 hours, it will take just few minutes.Using "AL plugin" menu you can start and stop this extension if you don't want factories to be build so fast.
This new factories will need a lot of Ore and different kinds of food. To easy the process of supplaying with ore the player can now buy ore mine from Argon shipyard.

Download link: http://adam00x2.webpark.pl/as.khaakconf ... n_v100.zip

You can ask why Mosquito Missiles, they are useless? Well, not ecessary, I have created AS.Antymissiles script which use Mosquitos as defence against incoming missiles. Now it easer to use it with The Khaak Conflict :-)
You can get it here: http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60700

barrymid
x3tc

Post by barrymid » Sat, 23. Apr 05, 21:28

Easy Money
Spoiler
Show
Military Personnel
Invasion Technology
Transporter Device
Pirate Sectors
:twisted: :twisted:

emissive
x2

Not for beginners

Post by emissive » Mon, 25. Apr 05, 22:11

Whoo, out in my Disco for one minute in the Khaak wars Mod and I'm dead. Taken out by an anonymous missile. a warning to those who try this mod, stay away from all red ships, the author has definitely made the pirates really angry people.

Poor design with the other races taking up pirate space though. I want to see at least one M6 vessel patrolling the new borders. there's nothing, and startingout with 15000 cr was good, but could have been better, either give me enough starting money to supe my discoverer or or enough to buy an m4.

I'm not a programmer, but I am excellent at rebalancing and I see things others miss. If the khaak have invaded the other systems, and the races have taken up pirate space, then where are the races ships fighting with the pirates? You need more than fighter drones to take over a system. The author needs to do a bit of rebalancing and give the argons, split etc. more military presence in thier new (smaller) territories.

I say ->This mod is not finished.

barrymid
x3tc

Post by barrymid » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 12:04

Noticed two possible problems.

Khaak controled Tl's and Cariers still carry ships which are not Khaak controled. But when destroyed they do come back with no on board ships. Which is the next problem Tl's, Carriers and Destroyers keep coming back Khaak controled even if all stations have been liberated from Khaak control.

You can not liberate Capital ships it says that their two many khaak controled ships in the sector even when the capital ship is the only one.

Is this part of the game or am i missing something.

Great Mod still.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 16:13

Some of it is intention some are slight bugs that i will fix now i know of them.

weekend eta hopefully

out of interest should the big ships be captured using the IT or just nuked not to come back?
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

barrymid
x3tc

Post by barrymid » Wed, 27. Apr 05, 22:04

Maybe come back but after a certain time making the sector not so safe for a while.

If possible you get paid to provide ships for sector cover.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 28. Apr 05, 00:52

barrymid wrote:
If possible you get paid to provide ships for sector cover.
Go to the unsigned siggy and install hire 1.3 :)

Nath
x2

Post by Nath » Sat, 28. May 05, 06:00

Man, I'm having fun with this :twisted:
Getting the hang of capping things in a 1MW shield, 2x AIRE Disco took awhile, I think this is the only time I've ever seriously used drones :o

The placement of the Argon Equipment Dock is evil, I had to put a Triplex Scanner on a Bayamon to find it :( Doesn't help that it's the only station that sells Duplex Scanners. :rant:

Having trouble getting my reputation up with the Paranid, since no red ships ever seem to go into their sector. Is that intentional? No strafe drive is... interesting.

Looking forward to an AI rival :D

Nath
x2

Post by Nath » Mon, 30. May 05, 11:39

Other things:

Some (about half) of the TPs and TSes seem to be using their old settings. TPs carrying XL cargo and costing less, TSes having lower max speed & cargobay. Don't know if that's actually the cause, because I don't remember what the original settings were, but I changed them anyway >.>

There was only one Mammoth in the uninvaded sectors (Nopileos' Memorial), and it disappeared after delivering a Silicon Mine to Elena's Fortune. Don't know what happened to it, but it wasn't anywhere to be found when I went back to look for it :( Made a script to spawn a replacement, maybe I'll follow it and see what horrible fate it meets....

I can't capture the Khaak ships to get invasion technology :( I guess I have to claw my way to Ace of Aces and buy the khaak info before I can cap anything other than pirate or friendly ships? whew.
Yes, I realize that I could just buy it from the Pirate Base, but I don't wanna - And I still wouldn't be able to cap the assimilated ships.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”