AL Plugin : Race Response Fleets v1.7 20/10/05

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Sat, 10. Sep 05, 07:21

Got it.. Many thanks for the reply :) :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 09:34

Shanjaq wrote:I suggest removing the player notifications of pirate attacks entirely. I started a new game and I get this "We are being hailed" at least every 3 minutes regarding pirate attacks in systems I've never even heard of, it's filling my personal logs with repetitive messages about nothing that will ever concern me, and even makes multiple reports about the same attacking squad(each time I receive a notification the number of pirate aggressors decreases by one, go figure...)

Everything else is great though!

Lord Vader wrote:It is a debug message, i just left it in for peeps to see what was going on if you want to remove it just scroll to the bottom of lv.jtp.global script and comment out the last 5 lines :) (as long as you understand scripting)

it will be removed soon ;)

It's a great script: I activated it yesterday during a Xenon migration to 347 and northern sectors and now there's a real Argon/Split opposing force in Black Hole Sun and Thyn's Abyss. Now X2 it's more believable! :D

There are two problems anyway:

- the first it's the one I quoted above: my logbook it's fitted of messages not concerning me: I can't understand scripting language :oops: so I hope this annoying thing will be fixed. I really like this plugin and I don't want to come back. :)

- the second is sometimes a bit of slow down in frame rate despite the Resp Fleet are currently operating at the other side of the universe and I'm watching them OOS. Is it because a Xenon migration it's running (to many calls for help) or there's something wrong? :?

Bye

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 19:17

1. i thought the latest version had the log disabled (steelrush has the fixed script in his mod thread also)

2. i have not noticed any slowdowns other than the moment when all the ships jump in which is to be expected
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 19:33

Lord Vader wrote:1. i thought the latest version had the log disabled (steelrush has the fixed script in his mod thread also)
Logging is still enabled in the latest version. Here's the script needed to remove logging:

http://www.xscripting.com/files/plugin. ... global.xml

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 19:36

well it does now, cheers SR :)

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 23:09

SteelRush wrote:
Lord Vader wrote:1. i thought the latest version had the log disabled (steelrush has the fixed script in his mod thread also)
Logging is still enabled in the latest version. Here's the script needed to remove logging:

http://www.xscripting.com/files/plugin. ... global.xml
Ehm :oops: ...should I put it in the same script folder as the R-Fleet files? No more operations needed? :?

@LV now slowdown has stopped but has almost stopped the X-respawn as well: maybe during it a lot of ships jump at the same moment and make FPS a bit slower. It's not really annoying (X2 still is playable) but I noticed the difference in crowded sectors or during big battles.

I also experienced that they not jump to save their stations in pirate sectors: By mistake I damaged heavily a Split SPP in Brennan triumph, it warned me that I was going to be attacked but no fine was requested neither they jumped to punish me. Is it correct that races stations in pirate sectors are out of protection?

Bye

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Fri, 16. Sep 05, 18:37

I've copied the fixing script in the script folder replacing the previous script with the same name but it still go on logging in my notebook! :shock:

HELP! :doh:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 09:30

I just took a look and SR has deleted the logging command from that script so it is physically impossible that the logging would go on, make sure you have overwritten the old script with the new one (re-install 1.5 completely) and re-load.

If you continue to get logs then you should contact fox mulder ;)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 09:36

@LV: is your script supposed to react also when the attack is against a fighter? If the answer is yes there's no problem in your script because I've a little old bug that makes Teladi to send M3/M4/M5 to attack stations and ships in other race sectors...

But if your script is supposed to react only when the attack is against M6/M2/M1 or stations...ehm...there's something wrong...

Why? :wink: Because these are the two last messages I found in my logbook:

- A Boron Hydra has called for support in Great Trench and the attacking ship was a Teladi Condor.

- A Boron Hydra has called for support in Great Trench and the attacking ship was a Teladi Phoenix.

Then I suddenly jumped in that sector and found 2 Phoenix and 4 Condor happily destroying the sector!

Here's a pic of them destroying a Boron mine

Few minutes later they destroyed the local trading station but I couldn't pic it on time. (checking Argonopedia there's also a BioFab missing).

Boron reacted jumping there two sharks

but they were both destroyed

Now three new Boron Hydra have arrived there so I expect new Boron M1 support... :roll:

What I want to say is that there aren't Teladi stations or Teladi M6/M2/M1 in that sector so if your script is supposed to help attacked fighters or TS then it's OK (it's my bug's fault) but if it isn't, there something that doesn't work. :gruebel:

Checking previous messagges in my log book I found a similar message in Ocean of Fantasy where a Shark called support against a Phoenix (what Teladi have against Borons? :? )

I don't mind if races bring a bit of action in the static universe of X2 but it seems you've created something like the Race Wars script (that I've not installed yet).

Anyway I'll try to reinstall it at least to stop logging...

Bye

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 23:07

Lord Vader wrote:I just took a look and SR has deleted the logging command from that script so it is physically impossible that the logging would go on, make sure you have overwritten the old script with the new one (re-install 1.5 completely) and re-load.

If you continue to get logs then you should contact fox mulder ;)
This may be completely wrong and out of place, but remember that new versions of scripts will not be used by ships until the currently running ones have been stopped and restarted.
Not sure if this is the problem or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 01:26

Good thinking batwoman :thumb_up:

Disable and seta for a while then re-enable the plugin :)
LV's TC Scripts

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 01:38

Lord Vader wrote:Good thinking batwoman :thumb_up:

Disable and seta for a while then re-enable the plugin :)
I've disabled the plugin, SETA 10 x for ten minutes, saved the game and then I've replaced the plugin files included the fixing and reloaded activating the plugin again.

Now logging have stopped but the 4 Condors and the two Phoenix are still in Great Trench killing stations (2 Biofab less now) and ships (Boron sometimes send 2/3 M1 and some M6 but they don't survive) and they don't come back to their home-sectors!

Do you think I could crash your script if I deleted those ships with a target&destroy script letting their shipyard to produce new ones?

Bye

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 09:58

no, delete away there should be no issue, just save first

I took a look yesterday and the only thing i can think of is there has been a friendly fire incident between the two races which has escalated, personally i'd let it run it's course as this is the type of action that should happen with the script, the boron will eventually fight back or the teladi will destroy the sector, also the teladi ships should respond to an attack in their space and jump back eventually :)

NavaCorp
x3tc

Post by NavaCorp » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 11:25

Lord Vader wrote:no, delete away there should be no issue, just save first

I took a look yesterday and the only thing i can think of is there has been a friendly fire incident between the two races which has escalated, personally i'd let it run it's course as this is the type of action that should happen with the script, the boron will eventually fight back or the teladi will destroy the sector, also the teladi ships should respond to an attack in their space and jump back eventually :)
I agree to let them fighting but what I find weird is that reading the readme your script should react only when the ship under attack is an M6/M2/M1/TL or when the victim is a station. Actually there aren't Teladi stations or Teladi corvettes/capships in Great Trench and their ships never cross that sector from their shipyards in Ianamus Zura or Minister of Finance to reach other Teladi sectors. So your script shouldn't react jumping a fleet there.

Ocean of Fantasy it's on route for the Phoenix in Getsu Fune when it spawns from Space of Opportunities but Great Trench isn't.

Therefore I was wondering if your script reacts also when a fighter or a TS is under attack.

However it's a good script despite I think they should attack and destroy only enemy ships then jump back or otherwise some hot sectors as Akeela's Beacon will be completely destroyed by cap ships (the Teladi spaceport as example is already heavily damaged).

Another matter is the notoriety beetween races: it's possible to increase or decrease it by script so I wonder if after many fights beetween race's ships the notoriety beetween them could drop at the point that they are enemies and don't trade anymore stopping the economy: I suggest (if I can) that should be a restore of races notoriety sometimes just to be sure that they keep trading.

Bye

Peaches
x2

Post by Peaches » Wed, 19. Oct 05, 23:30

Now this sounds AWESOME!! Can't wait to try it out, and check out the code.

Peaches
x2

Post by Peaches » Thu, 20. Oct 05, 00:44

Lord Vader wrote:
NavaCorp wrote:What happen if I install the Race Wars mod and Bounty Hunter after your script? Do they get in conflict?
let me know if you try it ;)
if folks wanna put the time into it its fairly sijmple most times to resolve conflicts on your own depending the scripts you have installed. Just takes a little reading to get the hang of it is all .. as always keep backups of all your scripts before you try anything and you will be fine. Who knows you may come up with something cool :D

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 20. Oct 05, 19:35

Updated for the very last time see first post for more.
LV's TC Scripts

DjHol

Post by DjHol » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 07:01

i copied the files into their respective folders, but how do i make it run? do i need to start a new game or will this run on my save games? do i need to type in Thereshallbewings and load the script from there?

how will this react to the "Race Wars Mod - AL Plugin" script?

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 20. Jan 06, 12:39

Will work with your savegames, no restart needed (only mods need restart). The script editor need to be activated (save/reload your game after activation). An option will be available in the Artificial Life menu to enable/disable this plugin.
how will this react to the "Race Wars Mod - AL Plugin" script?
Not sure i've tried it yet, but i think you'll have a lot of problems :

- relation between races going down very fast, that will lead to constant fights between each race
- Impossible to win a "Race War" battle 'cause of the tons of ships jumping to the attacked system.
- Unefficient RRF plugin because all ships are wasted in "race war" battles
- Huge, processor intensive battles.

Up to you to determine if those are bugs or features.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Shadow Gunman

Post by Shadow Gunman » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 19:34

I recently got x2 and i have some questions about this script.

1. When a station is destroyed does it spawn a random station or the original station.

2. I download this script on the first page link to it. The readme with the scripts says its version 1.3 when i believe i downloaded version 1.7. Is the readme out of date or did I download the wrong version?

3. For those who tried this script, what is your opinion on it?

Thanks in advance!!!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”