[MOD] X2: Firelance 4.0.4 [RELEASE] [16/June/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Krane
x3tc

Post by Krane » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 09:40

Do you know when the next version will be released? When it is i'll dust of my copy of X2 and play it using this mod for old times sake.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 14:35

Krane wrote:Do you know when the next version will be released? When it is i'll dust of my copy of X2 and play it using this mod for old times sake.
I had hoped to finish it by the end of 2011, but getting a new job kept that from happening. The mod is at the polishing stage right now. There's not a whole lot left to finish. I am moving in the near future, which is why I can't pin down a hard ETA right now.

I would welcome feedback if anyone wants to help me test features. If anyone wants to test, just contact me via PM, and I'll see about getting a dev build of FL4 to test features. I know folks have waited a long time for this, and I'm anxious to get the mod out there.

dc040583
x4

I need it too... (yes, I'm the only one left who still plays x2)

Post by dc040583 » Tue, 21. Feb 12, 20:30

I need to add extra lasers. My computer can't handle the whole Top Gun mod very well but I want Harlock's Firebird, complete with phase cannon, in my regular game. I've got everything done except that last part... I can't add an extra laser. My only thought is to replace the lasertower weapon with it... except then every laser tower would do severe damage even to capital ships. (No, I can't use the endfight Khaak laser for it, I'm already using that for something.)

So... sorry if nobody's using x2 anymore except me (my compy won't do x3 either) but can you please send me how to add those extra lasers too?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 21:24

Information regarding FL4 has been moved to the first post.
Last edited by SteelRush on Wed, 7. Mar 12, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Wed, 7. Mar 12, 09:35

Very interesting mod features :o , good work. :D

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Sun, 11. Mar 12, 21:57

I haven't been able to post for a while as my old pc died. Now I have a new one and in the process of organizing every thing I hope to be able to try this new beta out tonight. I probably will not get as much time for it till next weekend but I will have as much fun as possible tonight. :D

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 18:53

OK hear I go. first love the ships, combat is more of a challenge :) .
but why so many ship spawns in argon prime that seemed like to many. I didn't play to long I was curious as to how long till my PC begins to crawl from all the added ships. it seems a bit over kill. more playing is needed to find out though. :D

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Sun, 18. Mar 12, 20:59

I might have to do a whole new clean restart. for some reason the normal Argon Disco is acting like it is designated as an M6 class ship . it will only dock with stations the way an M6 would. are you experiencing this issue or is it just me? on a side note what class is the argon elite? a small carrier or something?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 03:43

dathion wrote:I might have to do a whole new clean restart. for some reason the normal Argon Disco is acting like it is designated as an M6 class ship . it will only dock with stations the way an M6 would. are you experiencing this issue or is it just me? on a side note what class is the argon elite? a small carrier or something?
I haven't experienced this. I'd suggest a fresh install. The Argon Elite is part of the new M7 class. It's a mini carrier that bridges the large gap between M6 and M1/M2.

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 03:45

thanks for the reply i will do fresh install.

Edit: the fresh install did the trick :roll:

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Mon, 19. Mar 12, 07:10

I was messaged by someone puzzled by the fact there were no capital ships in shipyards for sale. This is by design. I added the following to the main post to explain how they have been moved to a new reputation system to purchase.

- Reputation matters. Capital ships cannot be purchased unless you have a high enough reputation. You need a Police License of that race to purchase them. A new menu will appear on your ship computer for Shipyard. As you rank up with the race, new ships will come available.

So in short, just get a Police License, and you can rank up with that race to purchase their capital ships. As you rep up, you'll get messages indicating what new ship type you unlocked. They are only available through the new menu, not directly from the Shipyard.

-------------------

Based on the feedback thus far, I will have another beta coming. Please let know of any bugs, so they can be fixed. Any feedback suggesting improvements is equally welcome. PM or reply to this post.

Carbin

bugs

Post by Carbin » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 10:26

hi guys im new here. Can someone pleas fix the bug ,because when your capital craft accidently bumps into another capital craft they stay that way even though i try to get out of it . Thanx.
paul loots

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 08:05

A second beta has been released with numerous fixes, and feature additions. These changes will require a restart if anyone has started a game from the first open beta.

- Derelict ships are created from real ships destroyed in the universe. Every ships destroyed OOS has a chance of becoming a salvageable derelict, with a limit of up to 5 ships per sector to prevent an overload of ships.

- New races more fleshed out. So the unknown regions now have a bit more activity.

- Pirate factions now purchase all their assets from the Teladi. This includes replacement ships and stations.

There are many more changes I am probably forgetting.

I do not intend on adding anymore significant features to the mod, so anything forward should be only related to polish and bugfixes. As always, good, serious suggestions are welcome, and will be seriously considered.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 18:07

Open Beta 3 is out.

There are many changes/fixes in this version, and a restart from the last version is recommended. Here's some of the changes:

- All ships completely rebalanced and overall class speeds reduced.
- Sector police patrols now are a 5 ship patrol with an M3 at the lead. Destroying enemy units are prioritized over scanning for contraband.
- Capital ships equipped with a docking computer and jumpdrive will now automatically teleport ships in and out rather than use the single docking door.

I'm sure there are more changes I've forgotten over time, so grab the mod from the first page, and enjoy.

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Mon, 7. May 12, 07:19

the http://www.steelrush.com/firelance/FL4/FL4-OB3.7z

link is not working for me. :(

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sun, 13. May 12, 07:29

dathion wrote:the http://www.steelrush.com/firelance/FL4/FL4-OB3.7z

link is not working for me. :(
I'm ironing out a few more bugs. I'll post up a new build when I am satisfied with the results.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 26. May 12, 21:02

Firelance 4.0 has been released. Details can be found on the first post.

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 1. Jun 12, 06:14

Patch 4.0.2 has been released. This is mainly fixes to the response system, and allows more NPC capital ship combat.

The Xenon will be more active attacking sectors along their borders with fleets. Additionally, Khaak capital ships may be lurking in Unknown sectors.

VenomR00

Post by VenomR00 » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 16:28

I have issues when I try either loading it with the mod turned on, it crashes prior to even starting. And if the mod is turned off it still crashes whenever I receive a message. I have 1.5 not on steam as I have had my game since it was released =P

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 2. Jun 12, 17:24

VenomR00 wrote:I have issues when I try either loading it with the mod turned on, it crashes prior to even starting. And if the mod is turned off it still crashes whenever I receive a message. I have 1.5 not on steam as I have had my game since it was released =P
What OS are you running? If you are running Win7/Vista, did you try the compatibility options recommended?

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”