Shoo t'Rgt: Honour and Reason [DiD]

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 19:12

Another good chapter there. ;)
Master of the Blade wrote:Yeah, things just KEEP POPPING UP. I hate it so much, I try to do this, and something requires my attention before I can start. Nothing I can do about it except apologise. :(
No need to apologise my friend. I'm sure everyone reading this understands that real life comes first.

I'll have to get back to my story sometime, but like you, I'm suffering from 'X Burnout'. The thought of setting up and preparing just makes me feel like not playing right now. Plus by the time I do get everything ready, the Mrs or the kids usually chime in, and I have to go do something else. lol

Rest assured though......I shall return!........Eventually. lol
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 20:52

Thanks for the support, Buck_Rogers. It's just nice to get input, and kind words are always welcome. :)

How are chapters looking onscreen by the way? I have a retardedly wide monitor so a good half hour of typing can look rather weedy once I submit it. Be good to know if they're actually weedy or I'm doing a decent amount every chapter. I know screenshots are rather sparse at the moment but it seems all of my available screenies are of the battle in 023. Thought I'd lost them altogether in the virus aftermath, but you're going to see a decent amount of the fighting.
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 26. Nov 12, 23:04

Master of the Blade wrote:Thanks for the support, Buck_Rogers. It's just nice to get input, and kind words are always welcome. :)
I know how you feel. :wink:
Master of the Blade wrote:How are chapters looking onscreen by the way? I have a retardedly wide monitor so a good half hour of typing can look rather weedy once I submit it. Be good to know if they're actually weedy or I'm doing a decent amount every chapter. I know screenshots are rather sparse at the moment but it seems all of my available screenies are of the battle in 023. Thought I'd lost them altogether in the virus aftermath, but you're going to see a decent amount of the fighting.
They are a good length. Actually maybe slightly too long, but that's probably just me. A few more screenies would be nice to. :D Looking forward to seeing them.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Nathancros

Post by Nathancros » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 17:04

Still lovin it XD

Back to semi-lurking
Nullam et arcu vitae magna instabilitate omnia solvit

Am a recovering Addict of the CREATIVE FORUM.

Long live X3

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 28. Nov 12, 19:03

Aha!

I wondered where you were hiding Nathan. lol
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Mon, 11. Feb 13, 20:44

Good Lord, it's actually been over two months since I looked at this thread. I'd been working towards January exams with no time to consider this. This post is basically to say I've not abandoned this DiD. Since things have calmed down a bit and I'm on top of work I'll try get a chapter up this week.
Allergic to work.

89James89

Post by 89James89 » Sun, 17. Feb 13, 00:03

Glad to here your not abandoning it. I've just read all 20 pages and am really enjoying your capital ship battles.

I also applaud you for getting so far. I've tried and failed so many times in the last week or two trying to get anywhere in a DID story, so well done.

Looking forward to more.

James

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sun, 3. Mar 13, 17:57

Nice to see another reader, thanks for the feedback 89James89. But enough talk. HAVE AT YOU! :lol:

Chapter 51: Insanity

For the final time, my destroyer fleet enters hostile space, taking up defensive positions around the West gate. #EFAA continues to keep its distance, so I set my battleships on the Xenon craft around the sector, which while initially scattered have begun bearing down on our position with singleminded intent.

Picking off the Xenon threats.

It's not long before the only remaining Xenon are unthreatening fighters so I call in the replica #Deca. Since the #EFAA likely has incredible innate resistance to hacking, I deem it necessary to bring a supercomputer in the guise of a spaceship of my own to counter it. I board #Deca, more out of some symbolic gesture than anything else, as despite its replica status the CPU ship still seems to be worryingly independent, refusing me any direct control over its functions.

The mighty craft approach each other

The #EFAA uses Dark Matter Beam Cannons, #Deca Fusion Beam Cannons. The FBC is arguably the most powerful weapon in existence, the #EFAA outweighs the #Deca's shields by a hefty 18GJ. I hope the FBCs can make up the difference as the ships close to firing range.

Red against blue.

Dinner now, more later.
Allergic to work.

89James89

Post by 89James89 » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 01:08

God damn the Deca is bloody ugly. It's like a huge floating barrel.

Anyway nice update. Short and too the point and leaving us on a cliffhanger.

Cheers

James

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Mon, 4. Mar 13, 17:32

Haha, unfinished is what it is, not short and to the point. :P Had loads of work to do so couldn't get it done after dinner as I said. Continuation occurring now. :lol:

Also yeah, #deca is really ugly. I've described it as a beer can, barrel and cylindrical thing before.
Allergic to work.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Sat, 4. May 13, 12:46

Posting again to say I've not forgotten this, things have been especially hectic. Along with the usual college stuff, my grandfather died recently and my other grandfather has been severely ill. This has as you may expect been quite disruptive and I've just not felt like writing. Hoping to continue when things calm down though. :(
Allergic to work.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 6. May 13, 18:27

MOB:

Losses in the family have heartfelt and long term effects even if you don't think so at the time.
Give your self a break and come back only when you are ready and my heartfelt condolences on your loss.
When traveling pause occasionally, look back and enjoy the moment again.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Wed, 15. May 13, 18:18

Aah, crap. New AP update out? YAY! EGOSOFT are the best! Compatible with the current version of XRM? Nah. I can finish the current 'plotline' about battling #EFAA but don't have much gameplay after that, so the best course of action is probably waiting for a compatible version of XRM. 'Till then, more waiting, though I'll write some more now. Sorry...

Still love Egosoft though. Supporting their games like no other. :lol:
Allergic to work.

Return to “Creative Universe”