Rogues Resurgence Ch 18.

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Mon, 7. Apr 03, 10:20

SteveMill wrote:
We just make it up as we go along now! :wink:
:lol: :lol:

It has its advantages not being a native speaker at times ... rarely but every now and again ... :fg: :x2:

I'll be curious about the chess, Max certainly will get his bottom smacked :lol:

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 7. Apr 03, 13:17

Al wrote:Great stuff. Noticed a couple of things:

1. Right near the end: "but she could sense not change in it’s tenor or flow so she entered the door code." I think this should be "but she could sense no change"

2. At the very end you have just got "Xel" ?

Cheers

Al
Thanks Al.

The Xel thing was a sign i'd cut off the closing 2 paragraphs - now added back.

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Mon, 7. Apr 03, 13:52

Good read, looks like this planet side adventure is perhaps longer than you first anticipated :)

One thing I picked up on a small typo:

“That floaters lack olfactory sensors..."

is that meant to be.

“That floaters lack of factory sensors.

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Mon, 7. Apr 03, 14:24

Mercenary wrote:Good read, looks like this planet side adventure is perhaps longer than you first anticipated :)

is that meant to be.

The "olfactory" is refering to a sense of smell on the floater, I believe that Max does infact come equiped with his very own olfactory sensors tho :D but! being in a sewer and talking about floaters does conjure up some other images does it not? :wink: and Max brushing his hand through his hair while talking to the hired goons, well, I tried hard to ignore that one, eeww!!!

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Mon, 7. Apr 03, 14:47

Mercenary wrote:Good read, looks like this planet side adventure is perhaps longer than you first anticipated :)

is that meant to be.

No - it's direct speech and follows on from the looking on the bright side bit.

Hadn't clicked on floaters and sewers though. :D

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Tue, 8. Apr 03, 04:20

I'm grinning like a cheshire cat here....the relationship between Jackson, Max and Xela, like part of a 'chess game' all to itself.... :D

Keep writing and we'll keep reading....I've just GOT to know what finally happens to this 'partnership'....one minute I think I've got it sussed, the next....*shrugs*...I'm back at square one! :headbang: :D

Oldman :)

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 8. Apr 03, 16:23

Oldman wrote:I'm grinning like a cheshire cat here....the relationship between Jackson, Max and Xela, like part of a 'chess game' all to itself.... :D

Keep writing and we'll keep reading....I've just GOT to know what finally happens to this 'partnership'....one minute I think I've got it sussed, the next....*shrugs*...I'm back at square one! :headbang: :D

Oldman :)
I've got a doozie of a cliff-hanger in mind for the end of Resurgence pertaining to this, I'm meandering towards it. Is 110k words book sized?

SteveMill
x4

At last!

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 9. Apr 03, 16:57

Chapter 18 completed, enough ground-grubbing, it'll be back to gleaming space-ships, laser beams and disproportionate amounts of violence now. :twisted:

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Wed, 9. Apr 03, 17:07

Its not all there, just the first couple of paragraphs. Do posts have a character limit that you might have exceeded?

Or is it just me?

Al
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 9. Apr 03, 17:21

Al wrote:Its not all there, just the first couple of paragraphs. Do posts have a character limit that you might have exceeded?

Or is it just me?

Al
No, not just you. It's actually lost some of what it displayed before, there seems to be a word limit to threads. i've posted the addition in a new thread.

Steve

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Wed, 9. Apr 03, 17:40

SteveMill wrote: Is 110k words book sized?
I read somewhere that the average is around 120k words... so close enough :)

Return to “Creative Universe”