1.3.1 BETA patch to address freeze and audio issues

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

XenonBuster
x3

Re: What are the chances

Post by XenonBuster » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 12:37

daver00000 wrote:Would it be possible to know, what the chances are that if you install the Beta patch and then the full patch when released, that the beta save games will be usable with the full patch. I mean no point in me installing the beta if theres a less than 50% chance that the saves will work with the full update ??
there is no guarantee that saved games will work with the completed patch but if you are not having problems then don't install

Technetium
x3

When is the 1.31 patch finish????

Post by Technetium » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 13:30

I have been waiting for the "real" thing for some time now, and when will is be finish?
I really don´t like beta´s and I almost can´t play the game at the moment :( Damm 1.3... although I can enter all sectos now
:wink:

daver00000
x3

Post by daver00000 » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 16:21

Only Prob I seem to have big time, is the game going in to slideshow mode whenever a PSG is being used in the sector I am in. Guess I will wait for the finsished Update before installing.

ynnek888
x3

Post by ynnek888 » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 17:45

<jk>two weeks..</jk> :lol:

(BTW, for people that don't get it, I'm joking, I don't know anything, nor do I even work for egosoft)

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 18:20

Seven game days plus a hand full of hours - freeze followed by computer re-boot. Can not repeat the freeze so it may well have been something trying to run in the background. I have no idea what though.
(Yes I kill all non required services before starting the game and have no tasks scheduled to run).
Continuing to play and this is the only freeze since using the patch which makes me think that it something outside the game.
Playing as humble merchant.

Deta7
x3

Post by Deta7 » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 21:22

ynnek888 wrote:<jk>two weeks..</jk> :lol:
*LMAO* Nice one - I've seen that film :roll:

I guess it'll be ready when it's ready - and the longer it takes the better the fixing I guess.

Cheerz

bram.gallagher
x3

Downloaded and installed the patch

Post by bram.gallagher » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 23:34

I wasn't going to initially, but I encountered an undefeatable crash to desktop during the trap/ decoy convoy mission. Magically, 1.3.1 solved the problem. However, after the proof of innocence/ Khaak attack mission, I went to try to sell off some captured ships. I cannot dock more than one of my ships at a shipyard now. Permission to land is negative, and my AI controlled ships just circle the shipyard endlessly. I've tried several different shipyards and several different combinations of ships, but no combination works.

Is this a bug or a feature, and if a bug, is there any work-around? I've noticed some similar docking problems earlier in this thread, but none so severe.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 23:53

mooseboys wrote:Promlems not fixed in Beta:
--right after destroying the second set of escape pod doors while inside the pleasure complex, there is a 10 second freeze, then it briefly shows your ship warped outside of the complex, still firing, then the cutscene is triggerd, showing the escape pod escaping the complex. at the end of the cutscene, the screen goes black, and the game crashes (windows error message crash, not complete computer freeze).
Hi mooseboys,

I was in a similar boat. Last save game was the autosave at the start of the Pleasure Complex mission. Installed 1.3.1B and it still CTD right as the ship shot out of the complex. Followed advice on here and uninstalled and reinstalled (checked that the uninstall went back to 1.3.0) and it now works fine for me. Might not work for everyone, but got to be worth a try!

Get quite a few pauses, but it looks to be automatically initiating an updated UT script, as there are messages cropping up in the Pilots Log without me giving the UT's any commands.

Tim

perkint
x3tc

Re: Downloaded and installed the patch

Post by perkint » Mon, 30. Jan 06, 23:57

bram.gallagher wrote:I went to try to sell off some captured ships. I cannot dock more than one of my ships at a shipyard now. Permission to land is negative, and my AI controlled ships just circle the shipyard endlessly. I've tried several different shipyards and several different combinations of ships, but no combination works.
Hi,

Do you have a lot of captured ships already docked? I had this problem with version 1.2, but I think it was simply that I was filling up the shipyards! Certainly, if I moved some of my docked ships off to an equipment dock (or wherever) my other ships (or the docking computer) then docked properly.

As you say, there have been other comments about docking problems, so might be nowt to do with this, but certainly sounds similar to what I saw earlier.

Tim

bram.gallagher
x3

Post by bram.gallagher » Tue, 31. Jan 06, 01:13

Hi,

Do you have a lot of captured ships already docked? I had this problem with version 1.2, but I think it was simply that I was filling up the shipyards! Certainly, if I moved some of my docked ships off to an equipment dock (or wherever) my other ships (or the docking computer) then docked properly.

As you say, there have been other comments about docking problems, so might be nowt to do with this, but certainly sounds similar to what I saw earlier.

Tim
No, I only had two ships that I captured. All the shipyards that I tried to dock at were otherwise empty. Any one ship can dock at any shipyard, but a second ship can never dock, even when all other docking clamps are empty. It makes it difficult to sell ships, as you can imagine.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”