Constant crashing when trying to start a game.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

shadowraid5

Post by shadowraid5 » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 21:45

Hello again. I know it's been quiet but i just had the thought recently of checking a website a friend showed me to see if i can run a game on my computer or not.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cy ... 10401/?p=a

According to that windows 7 isn't officially supported by x3 reunion. Which signifies that this is not a problem entirely on my end with my computer.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 22:33

Hi again. Whether a game engine designed for XP is listed as 'officially supported' by Win7 or not, there are many, many players who do run X3R quite happily on Win7 (or Win8 even) without needing to resort to using XP compatibility modes. I am one of those that can run it just fine on stock Win7 x64. I am also sure that Steam for example would not even sell it if it couldn't run on modern OSs and most current home systems.

Some systems do indeed seem to have some issues with some XP/Dx9 games including the X series when using Win7, but they are in the minority and can usually get around these issues in XP compatibility mode. That rather demonstrates the diversity of system hardware and set-ups out there, which Egosoft have always acknowledged as being a general issue for game designers and for legacy titles.

I hope your system and OS is behaving better for you and is more stable now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

shadowraid5

Post by shadowraid5 » Wed, 13. Aug 14, 00:41

Well i still can't get it to work. Plus i still can't do as you oroginally asked because of money and i don't know how to completely remove that cyberlink stuff you all talked about so unless there's a new idea i'm sorry but X3 reunion just won't run. sad part is all the other games from the humble bundle package i got work fine. It's only X3:reunion which doesn't make much sense to me.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”