[X3] Problems installing the US version? READ THIS!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

mike9061
x3

having the 6 disc set and still recieving errors, maybe a work around

Post by mike9061 » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 07:41

i have the 6 disc set and i get errors from the 1st cd on (can't find dummy text) and etc after that. so what i tried was to make iso's of all the disc, this worked like a charm no errors at all a smooth install (altho a quit lengthy install) after i installed it i inserted the gamecd (for the proctection ) and i am having no problems playing the game, i know this is'nt a fix but it was my work around that seems to work. i have vers. 1.0 i am currently updating to 1.4 i hope this helps !!!!!!!!!!
comp is
win xp pro
2 gig ram
800 gigs hds
256 agp graphics card
nothing special about this comp
iso software i used for making the images was
alcohol 120%

quote: what do dead people say?
Nothing there dead

thedarius
x3tc

update.

Post by thedarius » Mon, 3. Apr 06, 09:31

Still have not received my new CD's. Hope they arrive tomorrow. That would be 5 buisness days.

MHall2626
x3

Post by MHall2626 » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 18:49

I just called and on the first time a guy named buddy picked up. I told him about the problem and he asked for my email and he did finish it for me so they are getting through. He said he would send one out TODAY and it should be about a week(5 business days). People, all I can say is keep trying. I called and first time had this solved in a matter of seconds, thats as long as they actually send it out. He even told me to call him when I get it to let him know it works. I am happy for now. I will post an update if I get the new disks, which I assume will be either april 8 or 10, so check back.

thedarius
x3tc

Post by thedarius » Tue, 4. Apr 06, 23:59

Thanks for the update!!! I hope they are at home today!!!

Achilles1967
x3

I don't know what they're smoking, but they better start freaking sharing

Post by Achilles1967 » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 02:13

:evil: :twisted: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Ok this sucks, saw the game on the shelf, looked cool. I haven't seen the demo or anything else.

This honestly sucks Sweaty Camel Nuts!!!! What kind of Tweedle Dink Snort Crap of a Company is this Enlight???? Sounds like they have been half ass, wait that's too much credit, quarter ass slapped this pile of Dino Dung in the box without any Quality Control.

And we don't even find out until after we register on the site to see the posts in the Forum. And they have known about this and other than getting people the correct CD in a week, have done nothing in the way of contacting the retailers and getting them the CD's to repackage them? I used to work in Software Retail and I know that it can be done, traking the lot numbers and such.

As to the problem, I tried to email and everything bounced both addresses. Tried to call; got VMX time and time and time again. Sorry guys, I spend my hard earned cash on some entertainment, and it should work out of the box, not have me call them to let them know I got stuck with their POS and need a new CD. The money was proably better spent on gas for the car than on this peice of whale crap.

I'm taking it back to the store, demanding my money back, showing all the prints of this forum and the page from Enlight acknowleding their incomptetence to the manager and recommending that they ship their entire shipment back for refund rather than pass the pain to the customer.

Don't get wrong, I willing to accept the occasional bug or glitch in the games and software I buy, but this is totally unacceptable to ship software that you know not to install correctly or even have any QA system to catch it. And then not to recall it to correct the packing errors, or at least square it with the retailers. Very unprofessional.

I mean come on guys, If you are going to give me a great big green X3 weenie in the ass, at least give me the common courtesy of a freaking reach around! Geez.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 5. Apr 06, 03:15

Why are you posting this here? If you have something to say to the publishers, wouldn't it make more sense to post it on their site.

MHall2626
x3

Post by MHall2626 » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 23:21

Everyone, I got my new disks today and they installed like a charm. Now its just getting my computer up to date to run them. I must have gotten lucky, I called and on the first time i got through and sent them out that day. The email are getting through but I am not sure if they are doing anything about them. I would suggest that you call over and over until you get through. I am not happy that I had to wait this long to play it after I bought it, but atleast I have a working version now. I'm updating right now, I can't wait!!!!!!!

thedarius
x3tc

I got my CD's!!!!

Post by thedarius » Tue, 11. Apr 06, 19:39

Now I just need to sit down and install them. The first CD has the correct Label, so its should be all good.

Will post again with my results!

Wind195
x3

Unable to contact

Post by Wind195 » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 01:06

Having the 5 disk problem enlight so far has been unable to help me, I been trying to contact pglintense@aol.com and on the 4th day have not not a reply back. whats funny is enlightsupport told me that they did not have a CD exchange program and while i'm sure they may not know I'm sure a quick phone call would change that. and trying to phone enlight has proved useless. Is there anyway egosoft could help me? because if i can get this solved soon i will be forced to return and give up untill this problem is fixed (If ever)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 11:16

I'm not sure where that email address came from, but since it doesn't say "enlight" anywhere in it, are you sure you are actually emailing the right person? I'm also not sure what a "CD exchange program" is supposed to be. We are talking about faulty disks here; goods you have been sold which do not work. Under law they must be replaced. Perhaps you have not explained your problem well enough. Feel free to link anyone who denies all knowledge of this to the appropriate pages on the Enlight site and to this thread.

I'm afraid Egosoft cannot help, simply because they are not involved in any way in the disk reproduction. Egosoft do not even carry the US version in the Egosoft shop and therefore do not have copies of the disks.

Wind195
x3

hmm

Post by Wind195 » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 17:06

this was the email i got from them

support@enlight.com

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email, and sorry for the problem caused. With regards to your trouble, there might have some physical problems with some of the CDs contained in the X3 game package. We are now aware of this issue and we are trying our best to clear it out. But in the course of nature, you will have to contact the retailer and return the game promptly for exchange as a defective product regardless of the store policy. Currently Enlight has no such disk replacement plan yet, as we don't directly sell the game to end user. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

But all the same, you may try to contact the supervisor at Enlight again to see if it can be of any help. Please use the corresponding contact information detailed below. We do our best to respond to all requests within 12-24 hours.

Telephone: 410-661-3301 (US)

Electronic Mail: PaulL@enlight.com or Pglintense@aol.com

For more and other contact information, please go to:

http://www.enlight.com/eng/html/contact.htm

Kind Regards,

Enlight Tech Team.

I have fully told them what the problem is they should beable to help right there but i get the same replys I have emailed this supervisor 2 times and have yet to get a reply. and this phone number is totaly useless. sadly i feel I have hitting the end of the road..

hopefuly this email helps someone.

Epicman
x3

Post by Epicman » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 20:54

Almost 3 weeks now since I contacted Paul and still no CDs. What a shame that nobody from Enlight or Egosoft cares enough about their customers to get them a working game. :(

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 22:13

Epicman wrote:What a shame that nobody from Enlight or Egosoft cares enough about their customers to get them a working game.
It isn't a question of not caring. Egosoft has no means to help you. Only Enlight can do this.

Wind195
x3

well

Post by Wind195 » Fri, 14. Apr 06, 23:24

The fact remains that enlight far as i can see seem clueless on how to solve this problem in a reasonable amount of time. The fact they didnt know about me being able to replace my version is proof alone that people arent getting the memo's

And while i argee you cant just recall broken software, In this era of internet there are ways to help those who got bad copys. At this point i lost of hope of getting a reply back from paul and to get anymore help from enlight on this issue and it seems at this point my only option is to return the game in the hopes of getting my money back.

Hopefully in the near future this problem will be solved and i can try again to play this game, it truly hurts that it ended up like this cause i keep on playing the demo and i just know that this game would have replaced Freelancer..

Epicman
x3

Post by Epicman » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 09:55

CBJ wrote:
Epicman wrote:What a shame that nobody from Enlight or Egosoft cares enough about their customers to get them a working game.
It isn't a question of not caring. Egosoft has no means to help you. Only Enlight can do this.
At this point I find this a little hard to swallow. I've never heard of a company not fixing a problem if higher ups put enough pressure. From what I'm seeing, Enlight could care less that I was told I would be receiving the correct CDs and have not yet, if they don't care I can't help but believe the Egosoft isn't pressuring them to fix a problem that not only damages Enlight's name but Egosoft's as well.

Say what you will about Egosoft not having anything to do with the problem....I believe that. But at the end of the day, when i look at the game box sitting on my desk of a game I payed for yet cannot play, I see Egosoft's name above Enlight's name.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 13:10

And on the UK release Deep Silver's name is above Egosoft's. Makes no difference to the facts of the matter, which is that the PUBLISHER is the senior partner in this relationship, not the developer. This is always true unless the developer is seriously famous in their own right (e.g. Sid Meier, Valve Software etc).

Epicman
x3

Post by Epicman » Sat, 15. Apr 06, 17:59

pjknibbs wrote:And on the UK release Deep Silver's name is above Egosoft's. Makes no difference to the facts of the matter, which is that the PUBLISHER is the senior partner in this relationship, not the developer. This is always true unless the developer is seriously famous in their own right (e.g. Sid Meier, Valve Software etc).
Fact of the matter is all the companies names that are on the box look like they don't give a shit about their paying customers. I don't know about you but I'm not making tons of cash where spending $40 to $50 on a game I can't play doesn't bother me.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 16. Apr 06, 11:49

No, the fact of the matter is that Egosoft has no control over the production or distribution of disks. Enlight have been informed about the problem, the necessary contact details have been obtained and posted in this thread, but there is nothing more Egosoft can do.

Of course Egosoft cares that the affected people cannot play the game and if they could help they would do so, for precisely the reason you gave earlier: because this situation damages their reputation through nothing they themselves have done.

Your frustration and anger is perfectly understandable, and people have every sympathy with your situation, but posting about it here isn't going to help. This is an issue between you, the retailer who sold you defective disks, and the publisher who produced those defective disks.

thedarius
x3tc

Got my replacement CD's

Post by thedarius » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 08:59

And life is good. Call them back if you did not get your CDs's within 5 Buisness days. I did, and had to wait another 4, but I have them now, and man do I love it!

Good things come to those who wait.

Epicman
x3

Post by Epicman » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 17:36

Managed to get a hold of Paul today after days of calling. He sounded surprised that I hadn't gotten the CDs, although it seemed a bit over done, and told me to resend him the e-mail and he would forward it to the appropriate people and that he would CC me. I resent the e-mail, lets see if I get the game this time.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”