phantom bar

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Kraki
x3

phantom bar

Post by Kraki » Thu, 10. Nov 05, 21:44

I'm not sure exaclty when it happened, but whenever i try and play, i get the following effect

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/ ... n00001.jpg

I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it... any ideas?

Talprime
x3

Post by Talprime » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 00:35

i'm geting close to the same efect the popup decription box [for the mouse pointer when its over the quick menu items] keeps making duplicates . I can barley read the menue now theres about 6 boxes scatered around the middle bottom of the screen any help besides the obvious [go to old save before it happened fix] would be nice .

kodai
x3

Post by kodai » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 00:39

Starting this afternoon, I started getting the same problem that Talprime is having. Nothing changed or is different. I started the game and there the little boxes were. I've tried restarting both the game and machine. I've also loaded earlier games as well as tried starting a new one. It seems that the game has just decided to put the popup decription box down there and leave it no matter what. Any ideas?

Talprime
x3

Post by Talprime » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 03:24

I ask about the problem in the dev chat an they said its a known issue an is being looked into so i went back to a save that was ok an will just try to keep it from happening again.

Kraki
x3

Post by Kraki » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 03:29

alright, but how to you plan on keeping it from happening again? I've had it happend twice now from two completely different saves...

Karr-Man
x3tc

Post by Karr-Man » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 03:54

edit: oops a made a mistake :oops:
Ahh screw this, I'm gonna start my own universe....with blackjack....and hookers...!

Zileene
x3tc

Post by Zileene » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 04:10

Kraki wrote:alright, but how to you plan on keeping it from happening again?
Here's what I read in another thread: Don't save until the tooltip's gone.
We may need to modify the expected collision between our galaxy and Andromeda...
Everyone lean left.

Lurker Extraordinaire.

Make Good Art

Kraki
x3

Post by Kraki » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 04:23

till its gone? it doesn't go away... it just gets worse... at least for me it does... i guess i'll try playing a bit with it still up and hope it goes away on its own..

Zileene
x3tc

Post by Zileene » Fri, 11. Nov 05, 04:47

Try to find a savegame where it isn't present, then make sure you let the tooltip go away before you save again.
We may need to modify the expected collision between our galaxy and Andromeda...
Everyone lean left.

Lurker Extraordinaire.

Make Good Art

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”