Double writing displayed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

mattym75
x4

Double writing displayed

Post by mattym75 » Wed, 4. Feb 04, 13:37

I have been playing this game for some time now and enjoy it.
Just recently I have found my text on screen has gotten a little strange and now is very annoying. If I goto universe map, the discription of the sector is there, but it is also printed over the sector display too. And if I dock at a station and go into stations listings of good, all the writing will be doubled up and moved down about 0.5cm giving a very hard to read 3d effect. So what I have done is re-installed the game and kept one of the saved games (the latest one) still the same problem. What ever has happend it is in the saved game and not in the game itself. I just got rid of all the other saved games and now I am screwed. I have taken screen shots of what has happened, but I dont know how to display them in here for everyone to look at.
The game run fine with no problems whatso ever until recently. Has this happend to anyone before and I hope this can be fixed?
Last edited by mattym75 on Wed, 4. Feb 04, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 4. Feb 04, 13:39

This is a known issue - look in the Tech forum - brought about by ejecting from your ship whilst in a station. There was also a workaround found which I'll post up too if I can find it.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

mattym75
x4

Post by mattym75 » Wed, 4. Feb 04, 13:40

I did eject in a station, I just remembered. Thanks.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 4. Feb 04, 13:43

Original thread here . I'll move this thread to the same forum.

mattym75
x4

Post by mattym75 » Wed, 4. Feb 04, 14:00

Well unfortunatly for me I thought it was a game problem and not a save problem and freshly installed a new copy of the game and kept that saved game with the problem.
Would this be possible to fix when the new patch(1.3) comes out or will I have to start all over again and put it down as a bad experience?

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 4. Feb 04, 14:05

It's certainly being looked at now, but whether or not loading an old save game in the new patch will resolve it (could well be) is not known at this point.

mattym75
x4

Post by mattym75 » Wed, 4. Feb 04, 14:08

Thaks for you help. Off to cry now, and may start the game again.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”