Teradine: MOD (RELEASE: 0.1b)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 17:30

I think I got it...

I THINK I GOT IT.

I remembered that I thought the Jobs file was screwed and went and picked up the one in the cat06... and I remember thinking perhaps I had a bad value and pulled the cat06 Tships...

I was doing comparisons on the ships in the Tships file, trying to figure out what I did that may have been causing the problem. It might actually be that from the moment I touched the Tships file before making any modifications that I was screwed. See, I grabbed the Tships file from cat04, never thinking about higher cat numbers.

While I was thinking about the CTD issue, I remembered something from the galaxy editing when I tried to place a sun subtype 1 and crashed on the spot. I remember then that checking the Tsuns, only one sun existed at the time. Subtype "0". So I figure "Yeah, trying to use something that isn't there is going to crash it."

Then it hit me, and I counted the split ships. 24 in mine, 25 in the cat06 Tships file. DURGH!~!! I narrowed it down... 6 TSs in mine, 7 in the cat06 Tships. I did line comparison. There's a seventh TS entry field.

I then looked at the master number in Tships in the X3 editor in its lower left hand corner.

Terradine Tships : 209 entries.
Functional cat06 Tships: 212 Entries.

Suddenly it all makes perfect sense. Every instant of entering Split space is met with the Jobs file calling a Tships entry that's non-existent. X3's standard response to looking for something that isn't there is to terminate. Thus CTD.

This should fix my CTD problem, and perhaps fix the random freeze event too.

That's three entries I need to locate and place, and edit.

God I'm smart and I know it, sometimes I just overestimate how stupid I can be....

I'm always telling myself.
"It's not the really complex problems that stump you, it's the one stupid simple one that gets you."

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 23:19

2.0 is out, and it looks like I'll only have to update:

Tmissiles
Tbullets
Tlasers
Effects

and Tships.

And maybe copy and overwrite the text file. Should go down easy.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sat, 11. Nov 06, 18:40

With the 2.0 update, it looks like I'll be going back to square one with the Tships file. I've got everything else working (Save for missiles with those new offset changes...) But Even adding all the missing ships (11), I've still got problems, which means I've probably got even more severe problems with the file I'm using, thus I have to dump it and start from the Cat08 version.

Which of course, means no stable 0.2 release yet.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 14. Nov 06, 07:53

OKAY... after extracting and manually editing the X3 Bala-gi 2.0 Tships file, I am happy to say I fixed the Crash in Split Space problem.... yay.

It'll come out as a 0.2b update sometime tomarrow morning or afternoon.

I simply did what I should have done (but didn't want to do) in the first place. Manually edit the most up to date file all the way down. (It took five hours... sheesh.)

*Stamps*

CTD in SPLIT SECTORS: FIXED

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”