[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jaeshaw
x4

Post by jaeshaw » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 12:25

With this mod can I still get player HQ (through missions) starting on one of the custom starts if not how do I get the player HQ?

BTW this mod looks way cool and made me dump my old 70 day save game to start again, nice work people

Ricochet J

Post by Ricochet J » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 13:56

Hey! I haven't played X3 in a while and hope to do so on Thurs.

Just a few questions before I get started:
- I downloaded the .rar, where can I find this Cycrow's Installer to install the mod for me?
- I understand this will work with the Bala Gi Missions patch, but will it work with the cockpit and bonus package 3.1.06

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 14:04

bounty_hunter66 wrote:what do i need to do to be friend with the terrans? btw i found out how to increase weapons sound volume and make them so that i can hear the fire sound form larger distance and even the PAC wich really sucked cause it almost didnt make any sound but now, battles just got a lot more interesting...oh yeah...how do i make myself friend with terrans? i forgot what i posted for lol :wink:
For now I think it's limited to trading with them but I heard there was going to be an improvement on how to increase Terran rep in the next patch, which is understandable.
jaeshaw wrote:With this mod can I still get player HQ (through missions) starting on one of the custom starts if not how do I get the player HQ?

BTW this mod looks way cool and made me dump my old 70 day save game to start again, nice work people
iirc yes you can.
Ricochet J wrote:Hey! I haven't played X3 in a while and hope to do so on Thurs.

- I downloaded the .rar, where can I find this Cycrow's Installer to install the mod for me?
- I understand this will work with the Bala Gi Missions patch, but will it work with the cockpit and bonus package 3.1.06

The Cycrow installer is only needed for the XTM script files, found in the downloads thread on the XTM forums. It can be found here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=121351

For other installation instructions go here:
http://www.thexuniverse.com/viewtopic.php?p=42211

I think the cockpit mod may work but I'm not so sure about the bonus package. DON'T take my word for that though, wait for a XTM member to clarify that.

Everyones Antihero
x3

Post by Everyones Antihero » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 14:33

mrbadger wrote:
razorhead wrote:

I've played X3 so much I was getting bored, and XTM has done something I thought wouldn't happen. I've gone though gates and been surprised at what I found on the other side, and very worried by encountering a dragon in space and not knowing if it would take a peice out of my freshly liberated and poorly sheilded transporter.
There are more than just dragons out there. ;)

I'm also many credits richer after finding something floating in space and got a tow on it. :D
My Artwork show reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5R1J-_Byek
My website, click gallery for art:
http://www.richarddaborn.co.uk

Spritzen

Post by Spritzen » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 15:00

Hey I actually found the instructions quite ambigious. It mentions that you have to use Cyrows script installer to install the mod. What you actually have to do is copy the 10.cat, 10.dat file & soundfile dir to the main X3 directory, overwriting the existing files. Then you install the scripts using cycrows script installer.

Aliens62
x3tc

Post by Aliens62 » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 17:20

A quick note that may help some. Before you install XTM, make sure you install any other scripts first. I tried installing them afterwards first time round and several did not work, but installing them first, then XTM and they do work.
Specifically Cycrow guild scripts and LV's Arena and DMA did not work first time round, but now do.

cheers

Ricochet J

Post by Ricochet J » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 17:39

"I think the cockpit mod may work but I'm not so sure about the bonus package. DON'T take my word for that though, wait for a XTM member to clarify that."

Thank you very much for the quick response :)

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 22:31

I know there was a problem with ships belonging to you or assigned to your station disapearing. Now I found something that I think is new, I had a mamoth stationed next to my station in Treasure Chest set on standby..I have the verbose computer running, so I hear everything. But after a few days I lost another frieghter going for energycells, so I replaced it with a P Raider docked there feeling I'd surprise the pirates who were killing them.(I forgot that it was a known bug) Now its gone, and my mamoth too..it wasnt running for anything, just parked there on standby..but its gone now too. I removed every ship I own from the sector and shut the station down till a fix comes out. Its my only station, as I needed it for Bala Gi..but it cost me 25 mil so far...so it can sit. :oops:

Persh

Request: Removal of XTN Wpn Effects

Post by Persh » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 23:27

Like a bunch of others, I get extreme FPS loss whenever I fire any weapons in XTN, going from 60 FPS down to about 3 FPS.. :( I know that I can edit types\tbullets.pck in 10.cat to remove the effects, I just can't make heads or tails of the file.. So, could someone be so good as to do it for me?
Would be greatly appreciated by more people than just me, I'm sure.

Cadvan
x4

Post by Cadvan » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 23:56

Ricochet J wrote:Hey! I haven't played X3 in a while and hope to do so on Thurs.

Depends on the cockpit mod.
Most cockpit-only-Mods should be compatible, but the cockpitmod you can download here from Egosoft is not compatible.
The BP is absolutely compatible, cause the BP has its own reserved commando-slots etc.

to get bala-gi missions you have to start with an ego-start. with XTM-Starts the Bala-gi-missions doesn't start.

don't forgett:

first install the core-files, then the script files - not otherwise.
and after this you can install every other script wich is compatible and you want.
you can find a list of known compatible scripts in XTM-forum

Huefte

KilleRTidE

Post by KilleRTidE » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 01:50

I know what you mean, and i belive that this can help a bit, it's a small script that basicly reduses the dma efects, reducing the GPU usage, have a go at it, here's the link i make for you: http://www.shadow.xperiment.co.uk/kille ... dux1.0.rar

Tell me if it works :)

Kasabian
x3ap

Post by Kasabian » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 03:04

-XTM- wrote:The SETA lag is a known issue, we're looking into it.
Tune it down to 6x max for the time being.
As for the normal (non-SETA) performance, that should be just like on a vanilla game. We ran some pretty comprehensive tests and even on lower systems there was no performance loss at all.
That is not quite true, the extended mod is on average more processor intensive and thus slightly worse performance (Though performance during battles have been improved from vanilla) which I assume is bought about by the many additional scripts or perhaps larger universe or perhaps the 100 or so ships per sector... could be any of those reasons.

I do not have severe problems just the odd stutter that was never their before in the vanilla game, I seen many posts about stuttering and SETA since release which are obvious performance problems and saying the mod has no effect is very misleading.

I am not getting at you as I do respect and admire whats been accomplished with this modification, I just wanted to clarify the performance issue as I see it. :)

Just so you know I run a 3gig Intel, 1 gig ram and Geforce 8800 GTS which is more than enough to play the game with no lag, not even a stutter.

Edit - XTM does work with the new version of the official bonus package 3.1.06, correct?

rbh2006
x3

Problem with the game after install of XTM.7a

Post by rbh2006 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 06:30

Hello there, I didn't see anything that asks or answers my situation, so here it goes.

I have just downloaded the XTM 7a and I am having trouble getting my game to start. I am not sure how it happened. The first thing that happens when I start the game is: It goes through the openning scenes and then goes to where I can start new game or continue, etc.. Then as I go to start the new game, it starts to load. I then get the beep sound that a script has been added or something like that, then it make s a bleep sound and then the game closes and shows me a "no file" message. I am a little confused as to why this may happen.

Please advise.

I am debating the uninstall of the game and then load everything from scratch.

thx, Ralph

Boris_The_Blade

Post by Boris_The_Blade » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 06:59

This could be due to the files aren't installed correctly i had this problem with XFP but it just closed and an error message appears, so maybe try re-installing XTM, is script installer installed? You need that to enable XTM and select the Mod-i pressume you have done this

Other mods installed as well with XTM could be the problem

i tried installing XTM with others and long stroy short had to re-install X3 becuase i forgot what where mod files and what where X3 files.

rbh2006
x3

In addition.....

Post by rbh2006 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 07:00

I had updated my game to the most recent levels before the XTM MOD. I have recent Bonus Pack also. Plus I had installed the EMP MOD before. If anyone needs more specific info to help me out a little then just ask.. THX, Ralph

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 07:52

Well the EMP mod should be deleted, as the XTM has it built-in. Also, you will need to disable all mods - they are most likely incompatible. Next, if you have a .cat (and the other one to which the extension I do not recall) file that has a number higher than 10 (I don't think you should, if you have no mods), then you'll need to rename the XTM file (which is 10 when you extracted) to just one number higher than the one you have (so 10 -> 11).

Other than that, you should read and follow the XTM instructions provided very carefully, even if you think you know how to install mods.

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 19:34

I've got the mod installed (splash screen came up, new background at main menu), but the new starting positions don't seem to be available.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 20:10

Constipated_Vigilante wrote:I've got the mod installed (splash screen came up, new background at main menu), but the new starting positions don't seem to be available.
you need to reinstall the scripts and leave the script installer open when you start the game then they are there but only once

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 00:10

Thanks. I got it working. I find it a bit odd that none of my ships (Pirate Warlord) have SETA, but it's very cool nevertheless. Seeing my own ships flashing beam weapons into space is awesome.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Exoleet

X-Tended questions

Post by Exoleet » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 01:35

I want to install xtended, but I have some questions.

1. Do I have to complete the vanilla plot before installing?

2. Will it interfere with my flower selling business?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”