X Plugin Manager V2.12 : Updated 23/01/2010 *LINUX VERSION AVAILABLE*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this program

5. Excelant
71%
4. Good
16%
3. OK
6%
2. Bad
1%
1. Terrible
3%
- Not really my thing
3%

Total votes: 2795

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 25. Sep 09, 05:02

Nosboi wrote:If I had say, deleted the scripts folder and replaced It with the scripts folder I had backed up before installing the script (I never saved the game) Would that be alright?
Yup.

Nosboi

Post by Nosboi » Sat, 26. Sep 09, 00:32

Great

Thanks for all the help

barracuda231

Post by barracuda231 » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 12:13

hi

quick question about the ship creator.

i have imported the tship file for federation akira class (M2) and the ship works fine. i have modified it slightly so it is faster etc.

my question is: when i buy it at fed argon shipyard it only starts with i crap shield and no weapons, it there a way to change this in the ship creator so i start with more shields and weapons????

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Fri, 27. Nov 09, 19:27

ehi Cycrow, I desperately need your help: my savedgames don't work anylonger, and I don't know why! :cry:

Let me explain:
- I created a backup copy of alla savedgames.
- I wanted to add 2 ships in my campaign, so I added them via PM. Both had been used some ago and no problems were met.
- I launched X³ and I tried to load the game: result -> error "file may be corrupt!"
- I removed the new ships added, then I launched the game once again. Same error of before.
- I uninstalled/reinstalled all .xsp ships, but error continues.
- I even tried using a backup file, but it doesn't work.

In previous times I had a loading error which made the game crashing, but I've never received before now the problem "savedgame corrupted", and I have no idea how could that happen.

But there is one strange thing: I tried to disable a fighter, but I was told that it was not possible, and therefore the only available option was to remove the file at all.
Even previous saves don't work anylonger, so I've started beliving that the PM might be involved this time.

I really hope you can help me, otherwise my empire will be lost forever! :cry:

nax_hh
x2

Post by nax_hh » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 00:16

well well

a lot of time ago i played x2 and i really love it.

Now i see in a tent the X3 reunion and i hope to try it so i'm here again.

I fount the x plugin manager so i installed it.

I install 2 scripts (sector takeover and terracorps fleet package)

well no troubles with thath... i went to active my vanilla profile and in the scripts and mods tab the "profile" show "no"

what i need to do to activate in the profile??

when i start x3 in sekect nod pacjage i select plugin manager.

But when i want to put an terracorp pilot in an m5 the option is not showed so i think i need to enable profile in x plugin manager

any help?

pd. windows xp sp3

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 00:37

the vanilla profile, means it runs the game in vanilla mode, ie, no scripts or mods.

so when you activate that all your unsigned addons will be disabled.

you only need to use profiles if you want to run multiple full mods that you want to keep seperate and have seperate save games for them.

otherwise, you can ignore the profile system completly

nax_hh
x2

Post by nax_hh » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 22:41

o... rigth is true...

my mistake...

i had my save games in vanilla...

now all is working well

thanks

Altair1972m
x3

Cycrow Ship Editor Woes. Help Wanted, preferrably from DA MAN himself :)

Post by Altair1972m » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 02:15

ok, I just showed how bad a newbie I was, I posted in the XTC forum.

I'm a newbie with a 16 month old. I have 1 hour to play per night, and ADHD so I am not going to be able to (continue) read (ing) through 100 pages in a night and I apologize if the stuff I have to ask has already been answered. I have a couple of questions which I'm going to post in groups.

First question to Cycrow:

Cyrow, unbelievable page, unbelievable work...get a job getting PAID FOR THIS STUFF!!! I'm a fan of all the series's you touch on.

I am having a problem with the ship creator. I didn't like the balanced ships so much so I set about to make statistics which are more comparative for the Viper's near light engines vs the XWing 1 mile per ten seconds vs the Starfury's 40 megawatt blasters (which are I must say WAY more powerfull than the 2BIRE's). Please, Cycrow, DeadlyDa, Balogt, and the other programmers, do not take offense at the issue with your stats...in college I beta-tested VGA planets which would be the precursor to what yall do here, and that was when the internet required archie searches .

When I adjusted the Millenium Falcon, the weapons that I specified did not show up in the ship in the shipyard. I put in APACs in the turrets and took out the front gun (where they came up with the front gun I'll never figure out.) When I saw it in the shipyard it had HEPTS. Help.

Second question on the point, how do you specify which weapons the ship actually come with if you have multiple choices for weapons that can go in the slot.

Third question: Some ships on TV had tractor beams, like the Buck Rogers Starfighters, Draconian Marauders, Federation ships...can there be an empty slot put into these ships as a back end turret and then require you buy a tractor someplace else?

Fourth question similar area: how do you specify a ship with shield capability but that comes with no shield. Starfurys should come with no shield but maybe be upgradable to one or two 1MJs. Colonial Vipers have no room for shield generators. Xwings come with 4 1MJ shields and should not be upgradable. Gunstars have no shielding, but have pleanty of room for a 25MJ shield in the underbelly. How do you set up the distinction?

Fifth, small medium and large in the shipyards. I'm not following how one sets this up. Certain installed ships show up with multiple options, like the Aurora and Thunderbolt Starfuries. Gunstar has one option (right?) How do you get more than one of each into a xps.

Six, I don't understand what the dummy files do. maybe I'm just being deee deee deeeeeeeee. Could be a mental block. When modems came out, I could never learn that language until the 56K's came out.

Last problem and this is more of a handholding question. I had X3 Reunion and (as in I just took out and am going to use scripts to get myself back to where I was) installed XTM and I could not load about half of Magrathean Monkey's ships without X3 crashing on load or crashing on savegame load. Some of them said something like "T-1300_cockpit_V2.xsp". a) are these the cockpits or the ships with the cockpits, because I would like authentic cockpits in my Star Wars Stuff b) how do you find the cockpit once you install the ship if you want to edit another ship. When you import the file, I lose the link to the cockpit information.

{This douplepost, with IMO terrible colours, now merges to apparently appropriate thread, as required by the S&M Posting Rules. jlehtone}
Remember when VGA Planets was the best we could do getting Star Trek and BattleStar Galactica on the same screen?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 12. Jan 10, 02:28

first off, what game are you trying to load ships into ?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 13. Jan 10, 15:48

Three users (in this thread) do have the problem that the ships, which they have added with PluginManager, are not visible.

orions_ocean
x3ap

LINUX version installed on Mac OS X ?

Post by orions_ocean » Mon, 22. Feb 10, 07:35

Has any one had any luck in installing the Linux version on Mac OS X (10.6) using Terminal? I am getting errors when I run the compile.sh script (no make command). Maybe I am missing upgrades to the unix shell that I don't know about. Suggestions?

catttdaddy

Post by catttdaddy » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 08:41

Ok I just got X3 gold edition. No book no nothing just 2 disks and a serial code...
I am a total NOOB.
I have been looking for how to install a mod for hours and have yet to find an answer...
I tried the 'Fake Patch method and my game errors out.
I have tried this X-Universe Plugin manager light V1.10 and it will not find any Mods. I set up the directories and It will load scripts and the install Package seems to only install Script files. How can I load my mods???

I am trying the PSCO1 cockpit mod and the KillerogAV1 particle trails mod...
can anyone help me?? It seems all the information is way down from 06 and I cant find any "Total NOOB" guides to show me this stuff....
I read the stickies but It says this tool ais your friend for mods but I dont see how to install mods. Its no instruction s or anything I tried to find a faq but it was a broken link...
Please help...

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 23. Feb 10, 10:39

Did you do the 'Fake Patch' method correctly? I.E rename the new cat/dat files higher than the last set in your X3 directory? Do the mods you mention have script or t files to add aswell?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

X3-Fan009

Post by X3-Fan009 » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 17:06

Greetings,

It is the first time for me for playing this game

I have downloaded the Cheats v1.4 that made every thing possible like creating ships, adding ware etc.

So that brings me to a question, Each time i create a ship it has every updates like FlightCommand and Bestbuy, Jump drive etc. also the 4 Police License.

I wonder if it's possible to remove those ? i have tried the X3 manual and it din't say how, and i have tried to sell back to the station it din't work either. And is there a way to avoid this in the future? because when i tried the "Pirate mode" and i have police license and that doesnt fit the picture

Thank you for you're time

Fan009

T.Thompson
x3tc

Plugin help?

Post by T.Thompson » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 02:57

Downloaded the plugin manager installer, package, and spk explorer. How do I get it to the game? I am totally computer illiterate.

Can anybody help this poor idiot?

{Merged to Plugin Manager's thread. Forum Posting Rules. jlehtone}
"Wherever I have gone, I was sure to find myself there. You can run all your life, but not go anywhere..."

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 4. Mar 10, 14:28

If I remember right, the 1st time you run the PM it should ask you for the location of your X games directory. It can be used to keep track of X2/X3R and X3TC scripts/mods
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

xxx73
x3tc

SPK Converter

Post by xxx73 » Fri, 12. Mar 10, 11:27

Good morning

I'm not sure how to use SPK Converter.

I have managed to run the SPKConverter.exe in cmd, but I have no clue what to do after that. I tried to type in the name of the spk file I want to convert, but that only opened it in the XPMPackager.

This is the instruction taken from Cycrow's plugin manager homepage:
The program is fairly simply to use, you run it from the command line with 2 arguments, the first is the source file, this is the old SPK file you wish to convert. The second is the target file, where you want it to be saved once its complete.
Can someone please show me a example on what I actually need to do?

Any help will be great :D

Edit:
After a lot of trial and error form using command prompt I finally get it to work :D

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Thu, 25. Mar 10, 17:17

@X3-Fan009

You can just Eject any unwanted wares into space. They disappear eventually, or you can blast them yourself.

I have ejected many Ore Collectors...

@T.Thompson

You are venturing into some fairly complex procedures. Most of what you need can be dug out of the help files included with these tools. RTFM bro!

Btw - those tools won't be "in the game" per se. They help you manage the content of the CAT/DAT files, which are compressed and encrypted.

@xxx73

Glad you worked it out! The place way to get results is to just try stuff! Bang on!

:lol:

dougeye
x3tc

Plugin manager help?????????

Post by dougeye » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 19:58

i have a steam copy of x3tc and have plugin manager installed my problem simple is the manager cant locate x3.exe even if i direct it to the specific directory???

any help would be appreciated.

if it helps im using vista 64bit (UAC problem)?

{[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=96292][b]X3R[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]; merged - Carlo}

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 23:34

IIRC, if you have a Steam install you cannot mod, and cannot use PM.

Better to get a cheap X3:R or TC (or both) DVD off eBay.

IMHO.

:lol:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”