[S] [02.03.08] [X3 3.3.04] Economy and Supply Trader (Trade MK3 II)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

atpat73

Effect of Best Selling Price Locator

Post by atpat73 » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 20:38

I know this has been explained in the thread previously, but it took me a long time to track that down so I don't think it does any harm to reiterate: your EST ship won't work properly if it has Best Selling Price Locator equipment installed.

(The only way I've found to get rid of it is to eject it, but that might just prove my ignorance.)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 19. Dec 13, 01:17

It's also mentioned in the very first post of this thread. ;)
Equipment and Prerequisites
  • Best Selling Price Locator (optional: no shopping, but sales)
(The only way I've found to get rid of it is to eject it, but that might just prove my ignorance.)
Ejecting or transferring it to another ship would have been the possibilities.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Effect of Best Selling Price Locator

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 09:48

atpat73 wrote:I know this has been explained in the thread previously, but it took me a long time to track that down so I don't think it does any harm to reiterate: your EST ship won't work properly if it has Best Selling Price Locator equipment installed.
atpat, thanks for the info.
X2-Illuminatus wrote:It's also mentioned in the very first post of this thread. ;)
Equipment and Prerequisites
[*]Best Selling Price Locator (optional: no shopping, but sales)
Perhaps something was lost in translation but that text doesn't imply that EST will not work properly with the equipment installed. All it seems to say is that it works for selling and not for buying, which is exactly what we'd expect from that equipment. So it sounds like it's obviously worth buying.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 13:10

All it seems to say is that it works for selling and not for buying
So it directly states that one functional part is not working with that equipment installed. I don't really see, what's unclear about that. :?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 14:37

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
All it seems to say is that it works for selling and not for buying, which is exactly what we'd expect from that equipment.
So it directly states that one functional part is not working with that equipment installed. I don't really see, what's unclear about that. :?
It's not that page 1 is unclear when it says what the Best Selling Price Locator does for ESTs, I am just pointing out that page 1 is simply stating vanilla capability. We already know that we should buy a Best Buys Locator if we want help with shopping.

So when atpat73 posted that there was a bug (“EST ship won't work properly if it has Best Selling Price Locator equipment installed”), I would not agree with your reply that this was “mentioned in the very first post of this thread”.

If I've misunderstood something, or accidentally taken something out of context, sorry and please let me know.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 15:26

This here is a topic for an unsigned script, so the readme (manual) in the first post does not state anything with regards to the vanilla game - simply because the script is not part of the vanilla game. What's mentioned in the Equipment and Prerequisites section are the extensions/upgrades needed for the script to start (everything marked red) and what every additional piece of software does to the EST (i.e. enabling/disabling certain functions).

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 15:45

Yes, I am aware of all that. I think you have mistaken what I meant about vanilla.

I simply pointed out that the text about the Best Selling Price Locator on page 1 does not indicate there is anything was wrong with equipping it. This is because a reader would not expect the Best Selling Price Locator to help with shopping in the first place since shopping means buying and the game has the Best Buys Locator for helping with buying.

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Wed, 4. Feb 15, 14:45

Afternoon all, is there a maximum number of EST I should not have before it starts to impact on profits?

I was thinking of running a fleet of 50 EST's - Hope that is not overkill or in the same vain is more better?

weltall2
x3ap

Post by weltall2 » Sun, 19. Apr 15, 00:05

Does anyone know the difference between 3.3.04 and 3.4.00? Although it honestly does not matter, but my lightly modded game crashes if I use the 3.4.00 version found on Lucicke's site. I could not find on his site 3.3.04 but found it elsewhere and thankfully no crashes or problems whatsoever.

-Edit-
Ok, thankfully I realized the obvious, that when I install a zip with the plugin manager, it might not work! Usually archive folders work but this time, nope. So all I did was to install it by manually copying it;s files where they go and it worked just fine with no problems.

Seems the difference between 3.3.04 and 3.4.00 is that the newer one uses the newer way of EaS interface like the TC's latest version,but it is not mention on here since I guess Reunion was not important enough to update :p

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”