[Script] Station Manager v1.11 (March 27)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 06:48

I have a rather 'amusing' complex in Emporer Mines.

got 2 Silicon Mine L's, with Soja Farm and Soyery L's, a Scruffin Fruit and Massom Mill L's, and a Drone Fab. I sell the drones and husks (drones over 4k, YESH!) and can't keep Husks in stock, which is going to make the comming crystal fabs fun. Then it'll be a SPP L to make everything free.

I had to restrict the traders from selling anything but Sili Waffers, and to collect energy. And even with 10 docking ports, my traders STILL get booted every now and then, but I have 3 traders assigned to the manager, so its not always bad.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Vetkin
x3tc

Post by Vetkin » Sat, 10. Jun 06, 06:29

can someone post the new script? I'm not lvl 3 yet. How do you check your forum lvl anyway ? :?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sat, 10. Jun 06, 08:31

Vetkin wrote:can someone post the new script? I'm not lvl 3 yet. How do you check your forum lvl anyway ? :?
No we can't post the new script, if we could it wouldn't be in a protected forum :lol:

Anyway to change your level go to the bottom of your profile, choose to join the DEVNET and fill in the infos required. Once you do that you should already have access to lvl 3 forums, if you don't send a PM to CBJ and ask him to resolve the issue.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 11. Jun 06, 02:30

Yup, it's very easy to become level 3.
The new script needs to stay in the script test forum because it's a beta, and might be considered for signing at some point in time. (maybe)
:)
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Vetkin
x3tc

Post by Vetkin » Sun, 11. Jun 06, 03:11

Ah sorry I got it now. Just being a noob. I have lurked these forums a long time just never posted much until late.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 12. Jun 06, 08:08

I'm looking forward to the new version. I'm kind of dependent upon this, as, for the life of me, I can't seem to get all of my complexes to "play nicely". Any idea when it will be released?

Zakalwe
x3tc

Post by Zakalwe » Tue, 13. Jun 06, 12:08

sorry, i was wrong with my settings, station was set to no intermediate products trading when the load/unload crystals incidents appeared. I think intermediate product trading = "none" is interpreted as "sell" intermediates by SM. Whatever i have done wrong the SM trader should not consider selling crystals as there were only very few in stock, way below the required 10%.
The problem with such a complex including solar power plant and crystal factory is the fact that crystals and energy cells are both ressources and intermediate products and you want to sell one and buy the other. I will try the new version (was running 1.11) and reproduce my problems more systematically, but meanwhile i expanded my complex a bit in order to eventually produce an excess of energy cells and crystals.

quick question, can i install the new script without stopping my station traders?
Zepto Nox A15 - P8400, 4GB 800MHz DDR2, Nvidia 9650GT 512MB DDR3, WSXGA, 200GB SATA 7200rpm, Blu-ray, Vista Business UK 64-bit

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Wed, 14. Jun 06, 01:29

Yup, the script should auto update upon installation. You don't need to restart your traders, they'll switch over to the new version automatically. (but maybe not immediately) They might finish their current orders first.
Cheers.

And russbo, no idea when (or even if) it will be released as a signed script. There are quite a few scripts that I think people would like to be signed, and there aren't a ton of resources available to debug and sign them.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 14. Jun 06, 01:36

Technically, its already considererd 'signed', just not ready for primetime. :D
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Wed, 14. Jun 06, 05:54

I've been using this script now for a while, and find it indispensible. However, I still can't seem to make my SPP's play nicely with, for example, Crystal Fabs (the issue of internediate products versus final products). I guess this script doesn't deal with that. Am I wrong here? Does it manage complexes well, or, am I just having issues with my complexes?

Also, probably not related, but just curious, planting stations in Argon Prime (that "Trade with other races - Yes") for some reason causes me to wake up and find myself at war with the Argon. I'm not a favorite of the Split or Pirates. Been selling things dirt cheap, oh, because I'm a nice guy. A complete utterly unexpected alteration in behavior. I've read all the manuals and stuff available through this website, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've come to expect this with my girlfriends, not my beloved computer.

Thanks!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 14. Jun 06, 06:41

Consider placing any stations in an area not likely to be used by the 'Potential' stations (run galaxy editor to get an idea of what they are and where they'll spawn, if at all), or not where any SHIP might bump into them.

I've had race ships get hostile because they didn't avoid collision.
[ external image ]

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Wed, 14. Jun 06, 06:55

So it has nothing to do with race relations? I wonder. I noticed, with a SPP in Argon Prime, that if I sold to everyone, within a short while, the Argon hated me. If I did not sell to other races, the SPP just continued along merrily making money. Mind you, I'm not having the best relations with the Split, but I get along well with the other races. I've searched the forums for this, and cannot find it. Thought this script might help with this, but obviously now it does other things. (Love this script BTW).

The more that I play this game, the more amazed I am at how it "thinks".

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Thu, 15. Jun 06, 01:19

russbo:
that's really strange behavior that I've not heard of before.
I didn't think it was coded into the game that the Argon won't like you if you trade with the Split.
I think, like Jakesnake has mentioned, that more than likely some of the Argon ships are bumping into your factories and getting themselves blown up and blaming you. They're probably having a hard time docking, which is why when you're set to trade with the AI, they're killing themselves docking. When you're set not to trade with the AI, they leave your factory alone and fly on past.

By the way, thx Jakesnake for being so helpful and answering questions as they pop up in here. It's very nice of you, and I appreciate it. :)

Cheers.

Dropbear1967
x3

Post by Dropbear1967 » Thu, 15. Jun 06, 01:23

I tried this script and like the idea, but I am running into the following problem with complexes..

I have a complex that produces its own Argnu beef and meatsteak cahoonas as intermediate products. I have the complex set NOT to deal in them.

The complex needs Nostrop Oil as it doesn't produce it.

The station manager was getting my freighters to buy up Argnu Beef and basically ignoring the Nostrop Oil. Weird..

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 15. Jun 06, 01:48

Just tell them to prohibit what you don't want them to carry. Its ofttimes safer to take such preventative measures like that.

@Burianek

Yea, I like the script. And not everybody reads all of the threads in case there was an answer to a similar question (there may be, but I'm not going to hunt for it either :) )
[ external image ]

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 15. Jun 06, 04:19

Burianek, my apologies, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've noticed this "trade with other races" thing again. I'll keep it brief. I had a huge SPP complex in AP "out of the way" set to "trade with other races - yes", while I was enemy of the Split. Within a night's sleep of SETA, I was enemy of Argon. Started over from previous save, changed other race trading to "no", and had no future problems. For weeks. Set it back to trade with others, and again, war with the Argon. So, I reverted, again.
I just built new factories in Argon territory, CSE and AP, set to trade with other races, and I awoke to war with the Argon. Shut those off to not trade with other races, and it's been days without any problems.

For some reason, in my game world, it seems to be making a difference. I don't understand it. This game engine never ceases to amaze me. I've searched these forums for answers to no avail.

Looking forward to the new script BTW.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 15. Jun 06, 06:40

What are the stations Friend/Foe settings?

I hope you know that their adjustable just like any ship. It's always wise to set a stations FOF to friend for all but the blatently hostiles (unless you started as Kha'ak Invader), Pirates, Xenon and Kha'ak.

I'm not sure, but it might help.
[ external image ]

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sat, 17. Jun 06, 15:33

Good point. I was not having the best of relations with the Split, and I don't know what the FF settings for those stations were. However, at this time, I have improved those relations, and now, my stations in AP can happily trade with everyone.

It's bizarre. But, then again, this game never ceases to amaze me. Leave it to it's own doing overnight, and sometimes the mornings bring some interesting unexpected surprises. Gotta love it.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 17. Jun 06, 23:24

Yea, when you set the friend/foe to 'all reachable objects, it applies to stations too.

When anybody see's a station thats 'hostile' to them, they tend to get wierd.
[ external image ]

i hate pants
x3tc

Post by i hate pants » Sun, 18. Jun 06, 03:15

i noticed on my end, after setting transport to their homebase station, my own bought of course. they will do "station manager" land and then never undock or buy/sell any resources again till i manually set it the 1.0 x3 way. im on 1.4.3 btw

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”