[SCRIPT] Sector Takeover v2.4.3 [Updated 20-Apr-2007]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

Excellent
67%
Good
25%
Average
4%
Poor
1%
Abysmal
3%

Total votes: 360

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 05:10

Is there any reason as to why shipyards/equipment docks that were in a sector you've claimed don't seem to respawn? I even have their setting back to friend, and have good relations with them, and the Respawn Suppression system is turned off. Is this a bug, or is this feautre not yet fully implemented?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 10:47

argon_emperor wrote:Is there any reason as to why shipyards/equipment docks that were in a sector you've claimed don't seem to respawn? I even have their setting back to friend, and have good relations with them, and the Respawn Suppression system is turned off. Is this a bug, or is this feautre not yet fully implemented?
Hmmmm, shipyards and EQ docks are prevented from spawning, as you so rightly say by the Spawn Suppression System. However with this plugin turned off (set to no in the "AL settings" menu), it should not be performing this task.

How long have you been waiting for them to respawn?

The way I see it one of 5 things is happening.

1) You have not waited long enough.
2) You waited long enough, but while you were not looking something came and wiped them out again.
3) There is a bug where the Spawn Suppression System is not able to be disabled.
4) You haven't actually disabled the spawn suppression system.
5) You have not left the sector. From what I understand, stations can only be respawned when you are OOS.

Hope this helps, if not feel free to reply (possibly send me a savegame), and I will try to discover the problem.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 13:08

nirwin wrote:
argon_emperor wrote:Is there any reason as to why shipyards/equipment docks that were in a sector you've claimed don't seem to respawn? I even have their setting back to friend, and have good relations with them, and the Respawn Suppression system is turned off. Is this a bug, or is this feautre not yet fully implemented?
Hmmmm, shipyards and EQ docks are prevented from spawning, as you so rightly say by the Spawn Suppression System. However with this plugin turned off (set to no in the "AL settings" menu), it should not be performing this task.

How long have you been waiting for them to respawn?

The way I see it one of 5 things is happening.

1) You have not waited long enough.
2) You waited long enough, but while you were not looking something came and wiped them out again.
3) There is a bug where the Spawn Suppression System is not able to be disabled.
4) You haven't actually disabled the spawn suppression system.
5) You have not left the sector. From what I understand, stations can only be respawned when you are OOS.

Hope this helps, if not feel free to reply (possibly send me a savegame), and I will try to discover the problem.
Sadly, it was in a game I just lost. My graphics card driver played merry hell on my system, and my savegame corrupted.

But I waited about, oh, 2 game days, and for nearly all of it I was OOS. And I alway disable the Respawn Suppression System whenever I start a new game.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 15:55

Ok, do you remember what sector it was? Perhaps I can have a look in my game.

---edit---
I believe I heard that Shipyards etc. take a long time to respawn (over a day). But I have never timed it myself. When writing the spawn suppression system, I used the Pirate Anarchy port in Loomancks to test it. That respawns pretty quickly.
Nirwin
------

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Fri, 29. Feb 08, 00:13

nirwin wrote:Ok, do you remember what sector it was? Perhaps I can have a look in my game.

---edit---
I believe I heard that Shipyards etc. take a long time to respawn (over a day). But I have never timed it myself. When writing the spawn suppression system, I used the Pirate Anarchy port in Loomancks to test it. That respawns pretty quickly.
The sector was Family Njy. I was using Xenon Migration script at the same time, which is how I managed to claim it without having to manually destroy every station myself and losing massive race rep. Don't know if this would cause a problem.

LC_

Post by LC_ » Mon, 10. Mar 08, 17:59

I noticed something odd while playing with this script.

On all the maps I have seen, the sector called Rhy's Crusade is owned by the split. In my game, sector ownership was "unknown" so I promptly set friend foe settings to Unknown= Enemy and set a argon trading station. I was able to change ownership to me.

Im wondering if this script can cause wonership of other sectors to switch to "unknown"?

If anyone has time, could they check ownership of this sector in their own game? Im trying to figure out how this happened.

Thanks

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Mon, 10. Mar 08, 18:47

Hi, I just chcked my game and Rhys Crusade is owned by the split for me. Personally I cannot possibly imagine how this script set the owner to unknown, it is even more remote a possibility if you yourself had not previously conquered it. That isn't a definitive "it's not this script" but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Are you using any other mods or scripts?
Nirwin
------

LC_

Post by LC_ » Mon, 10. Mar 08, 19:40

nirwin wrote:Hi, I just chcked my game and Rhys Crusade is owned by the split for me. Personally I cannot possibly imagine how this script set the owner to unknown, it is even more remote a possibility if you yourself had not previously conquered it. That isn't a definitive "it's not this script" but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Are you using any other mods or scripts?
Thank you for responding Nirwin. Yes I do play with XTM script, the bonus pack and a few other minor scripts.

XTM does introduce some pretty violent actors into the action and I was sort of thinking that maybe the Kha'ak or xenon had wiped out that sector and changed it to unknown but then the stations respawned?

if this isnt a 1 off situation Im pretty excited about the possibilities.

Stahn Aileron
x3tc

Post by Stahn Aileron » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 01:53

Actually, I have the same issue with Rhy's Crusade being Unknown rather than Split owned. Then again, my Avarice ownership got canned also. But meh. Minor inconveniences.

It's a bit weird, but nothing that'll break my playing of X3. (Me losing my police licenses and Goner insurance will, but I think I did something else to cause that, un-related to this script.)

Just letting you know it's not a completely ioslated incident.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 10:03

Stahn Aileron wrote:Actually, I have the same issue with Rhy's Crusade being Unknown rather than Split owned. Then again, my Avarice ownership got canned also. But meh. Minor inconveniences.

It's a bit weird, but nothing that'll break my playing of X3. (Me losing my police licenses and Goner insurance will, but I think I did something else to cause that, un-related to this script.)

Just letting you know it's not a completely ioslated incident.
Do you use XTM too? Or any other scripts/mods?
Nirwin
------

Stahn Aileron
x3tc

Post by Stahn Aileron » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 17:05

Oh, right. Did forget to mention that.

Currently installed and running:
Bonus Pack
XTM 0.7.3
LV Cheats
LV Jumpdrive Kits
LV Freight Transporter Upgrade
LV Shield Boost
Maulkye Shield Shunt
Cycrow Overtune
SlasherArcana Electronics Packages

I did experiment with a couple other scripts, but never saved a game with them if I didn't like/really use them or they caused issues:

Missile Bay Extensions
Weapons Changer

Don't recall the authors off-hand, since I don't have them installed anymore.

Hope that helps.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 22:56

I know that XTM for some reason changes the sector owner for Rhy's Crusade to Unknown, just a simple mistake (or possible future plot related thingy ma bob) from them.

Pity I couldn't nail XTM down to the source of my problem though, as mine occured before I installed XTM (Shipyards, EQ Docks not respawning even with respawn suppression system turned off)

LC_

Post by LC_ » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 02:40

Well if its just the one sector that was toggled "uknown" in XTM then Im a little dissapointed..I was hoping that it was script related chaos and that I might find other sectors available that way.

Stahn Aileron
x3tc

Post by Stahn Aileron » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 03:16

@LC_

If only, but nope. CEO Doubt in my game was massaacred and wiped out by a Khaak force early in my game. I couldn't clear it out until I got my hands on an HCF, Galleon, and having "salvaged" several Khaak Corvettes and Frigates (for BKyons and funding).

I cleared it out eventually, but the Khaak Force there had kept the sector sterilized the entire time until I got rid of them. (In fact, there's still nothing there other than a respawned Teladi Trading Station...And I'm 15 game days in...I cleared it out WAY long ago...)

But for all that time...It was still Teladi owned, even when the sector was devoid of ALL stations and vessels, minus the Khaak lounging about there.

Dynamic ownership of Sectors (Especially with say RRF) would be cool. Much like XTM, I think it'd give the universe a more "lively" feel to it. (XTM adds enough extra gameplay from the universe population increase alone...Imagine XTM-level populations and Fleet travel paths in conjunction with RRF and Dynamic sector takeovers by NPC races....)

Though that might be havoc on system requirements in the long run.

Besides, far as I can tell, plot-wise, X-Universe is at a state of fragile equilibrium. I figure something like NPC takeovers would be better left to Terran Conflict (As that gives everyone a reason to start killing one another. It does have "Conflict" in it's name, and judging from the trailer, all hell's breaking loose.)

But all told, losing ownership of a sector isn't too bad of a thing. (Unless more and more sectors start becoming unknown...) Only sectors I take over are Pirate sectors anyway. Keeps them from respawning there and blowing my stations I set up there. (Pirate sectors in XTM seem to have pretty nice asteroids pickings for Complex loop set-ups...)

Though it would be cool to see sectors changing hands between Argon/Paranid or Boron/Split due to inter-race skirmishes...Or from Xenon/Khaak invasions.

Maxim Ownage

Post by Maxim Ownage » Thu, 20. Mar 08, 07:33

I was wondering, according to the tax system in reguard to taxes you have to pay, do complexes count as one, or the total number of factories included?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 20. Mar 08, 18:41

Each factory in a complex is taxed.
Nirwin
------

somalezulus

Post by somalezulus » Wed, 2. Apr 08, 02:12

Please, I had claimed an "Unknown Enemy Sector" - Khaak sector. You know, the 5 sectors without gates that you buy coordinates from BBC. I play X3 version 2.5 Vanilla +Ashley's Factories mod + Sector Take Over. My problem is that Khaak Destroyers and Carriers just keep on respawning in the claimed sector, making Nividium mining impossible. What should I do to have that sector all for my self? When claiming Xennon Sectors, everything worked fine for me. After the sector was claimed, no new Xennon ships appeared. I allready turned off "Raiding Parties".

Please help me, I allready lost 18 Rays all fitted with GPPCs all around just for nothing. I want those Nividium filled sectors!
Ender of the Xennons, loosing fleet after fleet against the Khaak.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 07:45

Sorry, there is not really much that can be done. There is some kind of hard coding in the game forcing those sectors to spawn Kha'ak. I am already aware of the problem and considering solutions, but anything that is done to stop this effect would be a horrible hack, not a proper solution.

I would say you either need to have a huge and overwhelmingly powerful armada to defend the sector without losses, or to relinquish the sector.
Nirwin
------

Psycho0124

Post by Psycho0124 » Fri, 4. Apr 08, 00:00

Hello. First off thank for an awesome looking script. Unfortunately I'm having a problem getting the takeover script to actually "take over" a sector. I installed the script and changed $HQCLAIMING to TRUE and dropped my HQ down in Xenon Sector 472. As this was my first attempt at capturing a sector, I didn't really know what to look for to be sure that it had worked so I started building a complex there. To my dismay, while I was oos, the Xenon station I had destroyed decided to respawn and there was a Xenon patrol attacking my HQ. Curious as to why it respawned, I entered the command to check the status of the sector. It returned with "You do not own Xenon Sector 472".

Bummer. My HQ is toast as soon as the first cap ship spawns. Just started REing my Hyperion.. :(

I can see and access the sector takeover config in the combat commands of my ships.
The sectortakeover.timer script is running in the global tasks.
There are no stations but mine in the sector (I had 3 arrows do sweeps at various heights).
I am set to "foe" with the Xenon.
HQTakover is set to true.
I have docked with the HQ several times as well as spent some time OOS.
I saw you had asked before if Kingdom End was player owned while troubleshooting someone else's script. I checked mine and it appears to be normal (showing boron on the bottom left). Is there another way to verify this?

I would really love to get this script working as it looks like a great addition to the game mechanics (This should have been included with the bonus pack imho). Thanks for any help you could give me. If you need any other information just let me know.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Fri, 4. Apr 08, 20:37

Hello,

Sorry to hear the script is giving you some trouble. The best way to check the ownership of a sector is to look at the 'owner' field when that sector is selected in the Universe map.

As to why you sector is not being claimed, well did you "transmit Friend/Foe settings to all reachable properties"? Do you have the latest version of the script (I seem to recall the first version with HQ claiming would return ownership to the previous owner, if you had claimed using the HQ).

Another possibility is that although you seem to have done a clean sweep of the sector, there could possibly be another station hidden somewhere strange, I have a script that shows all stations in a sector for debugging purposes, I should really add menu functionality for it and distribute it for remote debugging purposes.

Does any of that help? Did the sector change ownership at any point? You need to be In sector for the ownership to change. You do not need to dock or anything.

Good Luck, if you are still having trouble let me know. If you are not using any mods you could always send me the savegame and I could have a look.
Nirwin
------

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”