[XTM - GAMEPLAY] Gameplay discussion for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 4. Aug 07, 08:17

this is for XTM right?

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 4. Aug 07, 08:26

yep, XTM

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 4. Aug 07, 10:31

brekehan wrote:The pirate seemed to know I was following him. I got three messages warning me not to follow and then nothing
If you got the 'I warned you'message, then he's turned red & is heading for you, effectively the mission is nerfed.
Apparently you need to keep at least 10 km away while following.
Spoiler
Show
either that or save at the start of following, figure out which sector he's heading to, reload &
just after the elite passes his first gate, jump directly to the rendevous (blue pirate) Galleon's sector & wait for the elite there - worked for me
OmegaProject wrote:Do any of you guys know where to find their sectors?
Possibly you are already in the Earth sector.
Scorpby's active map is a better resource for finding sectors & things
(see Egosoft's XUniverse forum guide sticky for link)

This thread seems to be already getting a little jumbled & almost as confusing as the original,
oh well a fresh 'dumping ground' for moved threads is better than none I suppose :)

pepperg
x3tc

how are xtended scctors and vanilla sectors connected?

Post by pepperg » Sun, 5. Aug 07, 01:15

just curious, are there the usual jump gates connecting vanilla x3 sectors with xtended ones, such as rhy's crusade with hosho?

the grahic here:

http://home.planet.nl/~nijs0240/

doesn't show any sort of connection lines between vanilla and xtm

thanks
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Mapper484
x3

Post by Mapper484 » Sun, 5. Aug 07, 01:31

Mad_1401

Post by Mad_1401 » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 01:18

I have a question (that has probably already been asked but for the life of me I cannot find the answer anywhere):

I have just completed the vanilla plot and now
Spoiler
Show
I can access earth but a fleet of terran ships blocks the way and get very irrate if I fly past
What do I do to remedy this (fly fast or wait and complete more plot)?
Madness is not an affliction but a way of life

avicenna
x3tc

Post by avicenna » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 02:10

Brekehan,

In addition to the above suggestions,
Spoiler
Show
Make sure you follow the original boron instructions and change ships after the exchange. Docking your Octopus in an M6 and following does not work.
"A man may imagine things that are false,
but he can only understand things that are true."

Sir Isaac Newton

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 02:32

I just got a small question.
I found a Shivan Dragon Attacking an ore mine in Thuruk's Beard. I potted it off and it dropped about 150odd "Shivan Dragon Scales" I sucked them up in one of my passing TS's, but now what do I do with them? Do they have a use?
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 02:37

Yup, loadsamoney.
Best thing is to buy a cheap TS, load on the scales & sell the ship
(or wait till you get some more & then sell it).
Should get around 3/4 mill ?

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 03:21

Or I could cap a falcon and load it full of them. :D
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Streaks
x3

Will the storyline be affected by installing XTM???

Post by Streaks » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 06:18

Okey, I hope I have posted this post in the right friggin' forum this time. I'm sick of it getting locked in all the wrong forums.

To the admins that reads this, if I get this in the wrong forum again, please be kind and transfer it to the proper forum, instead of locking it. I don't go online that much and when I do, I only have a dial-up. I do this because I am really an evil evil person and if I go online often, with a dsl connection...I can do plenty of evil, k? This is not a threat, nor am I trying to be funny or overly-dramatic. I am just trying to make you guys understand.

I go online to post this post, only to find that I've posted it in the wrong forum and it is locked...again. Imagine how challenging that is to anyone's patience.

So, here is the third posting of this post:

---------------------------------------

I've been away for far too long. I will soon download many things to update X3 once I reinstall it.

Now for my question. Will the single-player storyline be affected if I play X3 with XTM?

Or should I first finish X3 with only the most recent patch and bonus pack, and when I finish the story, only then install XTM?

Oh please I hope I could play the single-player storyline WITH XTM. Here's hoping.

Boris_The_Blade

Post by Boris_The_Blade » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 06:31

Yes you can play the storyline with XTM installed. XTM just adds more ships, sectors and things to do. Its a really great mod, except for the size, and should be downloaded.

I have .06b of it which is 1 version too old but is basiclly the same without some features added.

stefku2000

Post by stefku2000 » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 09:22

I have found the mission when I am ask to bring Plutonium. The guy tell me sector, but I can not find it. Should it be some create or should I break some asteroid or what? Can you help me?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 09:34

I had exactly the same question - and found the answer higher up in this thread on p.2 in this post .
For me it's ... a bit annoying as the Paranid don't let me dock at their stations. Not yet :wink:
Benutzer in diesem Forum: Keine

KanineLupus
x2

Post by KanineLupus » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 09:44

Actually, as I've just gotten through pointing out to someone else, it is usually disadvised by the dev's of the larger mod to NOT install them for playing the plot-based game. You can still do so, but you may well find certain missions become almost impossible to complete due to weapons changes and other stat alterations.

In all honesty, although some still do so, it is best to either complete the plot and then install, or better yet (as new sectors and other changes can't be added to a pre-existing game), to start from scratch. There is an importer floating around so you can't import any ships, stations, credits etc from another saved game so you don't have to start entirely with nothing if that is your concern.
Ooops!!

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 12:06

If you point at the "plutonium"-question then you are wrong. This is part of an XTM-mission (you buy the coordinates of a wrecked ship and have to deliver rare materials for the repair). There are some other XTM-specific missions. I play a non-story-custom-start-game .

btw: with one of those XTM-specific "Kill that special uber-ship"-missions I had a problem. The (patrolling) ship had left the named sector - and I got later a "you did not suceed"-message though I had killed the ship. I suppose the kill has to be made within the named sector.
Benutzer in diesem Forum: Keine

pja
x4

Post by pja » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 13:16

KanineLupus wrote:Actually, as I've just gotten through pointing out to someone else, it is usually disadvised by the dev's of the larger mod to NOT install them for playing the plot-based game. You can still do so, but you may well find certain missions become almost impossible to complete due to weapons changes and other stat alterations.
I finished the ES plot without any problems. The Bala Gi missions are now harder because of all the pirate activity when you come to towing the Yacht, best left untill you have some serious fire-power. You need to start a new game to get all the added sectors.

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 13:21

I played through the ES plot while using XTM, and had no major difficulty with any parts. It all felt the sdame as when I did it before XTM!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 14:21

zazie wrote:If you point at the "plutonium"-question then you are wrong.
That was the right answer, same XTM mission was being discussed,
you get the plutonium from a BBS mini-mission
zazie wrote:I got later a "you did not suceed"-message though I had killed the ship
The message 'The threat has been dealt with, no money will be transferred' is a known bug AFAIK,
shame cos this could be a nice earner.

Probe
x3tc

Scrapyard BBS - Too good to be true???

Post by Probe » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 10:25

XTM

Call me a well know Black Sabbath track but is there something fishy going on with the Scrapyard BBS in Elanor's Fortune ???

There is this great money raking opportunity:

(I'll spoiler this although I really doubt it's anything everyone in the known universe hasn't already spotted)
Spoiler
Show

Setting up a silicon mine, buying a TL transporter and just waiting for the BBS missions to request urgent supply of raw materials at 700 per unit
I've been running this for some number of missions, however, on several occasions, I've tracked Khaak ships heading for and seemingly docking with this scrapyard.

Am I going to suddenly find myself responsible for the covert production of some sector-annihilating enemy force by providing the materials in these BBS missions or am I just being stoopid :shock:

Cheers all.
Smoke me a kipper, Skipper. I'll be home for breakfast.

What a Guy!!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”