[XTM - GAMEPLAY] Gameplay discussion for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stev-O-

How to Find Terran Solar System ?

Post by Stev-O- » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 14:23

Hey, Ive just downloaded and installed the XTM.7A Mod but dont have a clue were anything is, Could some possibly send me a pic of theyre system map or tell me how to get it ?? THX

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 14:28

Arseface
x3

Post by Arseface » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 12:32

I started a new plot-game to play through with the XT mod. The idea was to get around the many initial hours in an M4 by getting the free nova (located in the unknown sector 2 south of Maelstroem - where the Yacht and arrow are in the Bala Gi missions).

Anyway, having eventually got there I see no sign of the Nova :? In fact, the entire system looks different... Is there anywhere else in the extended universe that I can get a free Nova?

TBH I don't fancy hours playing around in an M4 with little cash and not enough rep to buy an M3, so I might start a non-plot game as economic enthusiast, though ideally I'd rather do the whole plot again. [If I do this, will I still be able to do the Bala Gi missions, or are they disabled as well?] - edit - nevermind, I found the answer to the Bala Gi question...

Cheers guys :)

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 16:25

Arseface wrote:Anyway, having eventually got there I see no sign of the Nova :? In fact, the entire system looks different... Is there anywhere else in the extended universe that I can get a free Nova?
The Nova should be there following the info on this great interactive map (you have to activate the XTM-sectors first in the right upper corner). Should the info be wrong - I haven't checked myself - you can find some other spoilerish info by pointing with your mouse on some specific sectors

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 17:22

The Nova is there if you started your game with the 0.7.2 version of XTM. If you started your game in 0.7a, it won't be there.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 20:49

I was wondering if anyone has experience of UT survivability in XTM.

Just trained up 5 Terran Sleipnirs to level 10 as STs, & let them loose as UTs.
They've got 10 x 25 MJ shields + 8 x aHEPT & go at 116 m/s.
So I thought maybe they can take care of themselves ?
At least against the M3 pirates or even Keas, can't see them winning against Galleons or Marauders,
but maybe they can outrun those, or survive long enough to jump out?

btw I was wondering if this thread could be in the ES XUniverse forum, since it's specifically game-play
- I don't know how many XTM player's come to the S&M forum versus the XUniverse one.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 8. Aug 07, 23:29

If we did that, we'd have to give all the other mods their own threads in X-Universe as well, which isn't likely to happen.

Anyway, the XTM universe is a much more dangerous place for UTs. I lost one to a Shivan Dragon in Herron's Nebula, which was quite irritating...

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 03:38

What ship were you using for that UT?,
come to think of it I've found that Shivans only turned red as you got
within a certain range, so maybe that applies to player-owned AI ships as well.

I see you're fairly active in TheXUniverse, you'll be a TXU-SuperHero PDQ
at that rate :roll:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 07:47

Just a standard Merc with 75MJ of shielding, if I recall correctly.

Graphil
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x3tc

Post by Graphil » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 08:45

The hardest thing I found about XTM was doing the tow the M7 mission. The unknown sector above had a constant traffic of pirates now moving in groups of at least 4. And there is a pirate M1 patrolling Maelstrom!
Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 09:34

Dave Toome wrote:I was wondering if anyone has experience of UT survivability in XTM.
If I compare my experience with yours I think it could be highly depending on the game-start-specs.

I started as "Pirate Profiteer" and avoid any (well, almost) pirate-killing. I have not explored Moo Kye's Revenge and Mi Tom's Refuge (to avoid my UTs from jumping in there). I accidentally do sell stuff to pirate stations manually.

In now 3.5 IG days (ranks: Manufacturer/Warrior) I have only lost one (of now 12) UTs, during a XI. I had to reload twice or trice because of UT-losses caused by Xenon P Raiders.

If I compare these stats to my Vanilla-experience I do not loose more UTs in XTM than in vanilla-game. I am abolutely sure that it is best NOT equipping the UTs with any weapon or missile. UTs must be cowards (that's why I normally 'take' Boron pilots) escaping/jumping away as soon as they are attacked (ok, old controversial discussion).

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 09:41

Graphil wrote:The hardest thing I found about XTM was doing the tow the M7 mission. The unknown sector above had a constant traffic of pirates now moving in groups of at least 4. And there is a pirate M1 patrolling Maelstrom!
You can try waiting a bit. After 3 game days, there were about 10 pirate ships in Maelstrom and three sectors around it in total. No idea where they disappeared to though. The only sector with any pirate activity left was the top one in pirate alley, with the port (Loomankcstrats Legacy?), which had about 20 ships.

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 09:58

For that particular mission I've made some serious preparations, like using a cloning trick to buy 280 typhoon missiles, I figured that should help against any pirate capital ships I may run into as well as staying well away from the ecliptic plane. The only problem I have with it is that several minutes after reaching the 1st gate and saving, the game freezes no matter what I do :evil: .

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 14:15

zazie wrote:If I compare these stats to my Vanilla-experience I do not loose more UTs in XTM than in vanilla-game.
Well thats good news :)
I had visions of my UTs bumping into Xenon Q's at every opportunity.
I've also not 'wiped' the pirates in LL etc, so I won't get the pirate respawn swarm, but I have visited every sector, maybe not such a good idea.

rujikin
x3tc

Post by rujikin » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 21:12

can you play the vanilla plot all the way through, then install this and be able to play on your finished save game?

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 21:49

'fraid not, unless you don't mind not having access to the new sectors & other things.
ie a restart is needed/recommended, but the ES plot is the same if you
start again with v0.72 XTM (so I'm told).
Certainly I know that if you start XTM with an ES custom start,
the plot can be played as usual (but possibly a bit more difficult in places).

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 03:48

The hardest thing I found about XTM was doing the tow the M7 mission. The unknown sector above had a constant traffic of pirates now moving in groups of at least 4. And there is a pirate M1 patrolling Maelstrom!
This is where I'm stuck at the moment. I've restarted so many times recently with different scripts installed. Now trying again with a clean install, the bonus pack and this new mod. I'm close to restarting again and holding off on installing the mod pack until I get past this, but I guess that would be taking the easy way out. Guess I'm going to have to think on this one for a few.

Oh, Hi everybody. It's been awhile. But I've been lurking about.
I sure do like biscuits

Williamm
x2

About some new ships

Post by Williamm » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 20:12

First I wanted to know what is a Argon Anastasius?
It is really big and slow 41.30 mps. It has 2 turrents but no capatible lasers. Also, what is the Anastasius used for?

Second about the Argon Griffin. It has a hanger but when I tryed to dock a m5. It won't work.

Last what is a split machine shop?

Thanks

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 20:15

why on earth do you psot questions about XTM here and not on their main forum at www.thexuniverse.com or at this thread?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=186048
The answer is just another question.

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Fri, 10. Aug 07, 20:20

@ star_raider15

Maybe he just doesn't realise that they are part of the XTM mod.
Not everyone is the know-it-all of infinate wisdom, no offence :P

PSE Look on the XTM website

http://www.thexuniverse.com/
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”