[Script] Station Manager v1.11 (March 27)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vayde
x3tc

Cool Runings

Post by Vayde » Sat, 8. Apr 06, 23:14

Been runing this little beaut for over a week now without a hitch...

Have a small complex runing with 2 M Wheat Farms and a L Cattle Ranch.

In *cough No spoilers here :)

Have 2 Merc transports runing it. 1 buying and selling all, the other just selling wheat n meat :)

I make about 500k an hour so it's fine for me.

Great set of scripts guys hope I can still use em when DD&RS release their 1.4 ver of the mod.

Vayde
Still life in the old dog yet...

Sambo
x3

Sectors are green, but transports don't visit them!

Post by Sambo » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 13:05

Hey guys,

GREAT script BTW!! I am having a little trouble tho.

X3 v1.4
Station Manager v1.11 (I think - see below)

I've stopped putting satellites in sectors because they keep getting damn well destroyed every 5 min and it turns into a game of 'X3: Satellite Replacement Ad Nauseum'. So what I do is buy a cheap ship (eg; discoverer) and park it in a station in the sector I want to monitor so that my 'satellite' is pretty much indestructable (well, they'd have to destroy the station, but you get my drift :) ).

When I do this, I can see prices of every station in the sector (but no ships of course, but I don't care about that), and the magic green border appears around the sector in the galaxy map.

The problem is that in this circumstance, the Station Manager doesn't seem to recognise that the sector is green and never sends any ships there! As soon as I tell my satellite ship to 'idle' in the sector or otherwise come out of hiding in it's station, SM wakes up and sends ships there! (hehe, the first time I did that, ALL of my docked ships suddenly up and left for the same sector) :lol:

So, is this a bug? Or is my system just weird? :roll:

I really would like to keep using my docked satellite ship method if I can.

Now about the version of SM that I am running. I downloaded a zip file called v1.11, but the readme says v1.10. There is an .xml file that's been modified on 27 March 2006 tho, so I'm guessing someone just forgot / couldn't be bothered updating the doc (fair nuff :) )

Thanks for all your hard work on this script guys! Keep up the great work! We all REALLY appreciate it!!!!! :D

Cheers,

Sam.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 16:28

Best thing to do fro sat placement is park them 30k or higher/lower (+30/-30) of the ecliptic.

Sure you cant see ships, but SM doesn't care about hostiles, so long as there's an active sat in the system.

phantom corp
x3tc

station manager

Post by phantom corp » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 17:27

hello

i fancy using your station manager script, but giving an idiot like me a choice of 3 doesn't help, :lol: what's the difference, you may of guessed i'm new to this and know nothing of using scripts

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 19:47

Hello noobie. Welcome to the club.

Though I used only a couple with X2 (got it 1 month before X3), I still try to keep them to a minimum (Salvage Mod, Station Manager, Ship Respawner, Race Response Fleets, Salvage Network :D ).

It does take a bit of getting used to. Plus making sure the scripts/mods don't conflict with each other tends to be fun.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 9. Apr 06, 20:51

Sambo:
Nothing is wrong with your system. The Station Manager script doesn't check for docked ships when it's determining if you can see stuff in the sector. That's something I honestly hadn't thought of.

There is a way of checking, all we'd have to do is get the docked ship lists from every station in the sector and check for player assets. I'm not sure how much this would slow down the script / increase resources. My guess is that it wouldn't be too bad.

I'd bet we could add something into a version 1.12 that would do the check. Unfortunately, I have no time, so it would be up to aalaardb whether or not he wanted to add it in.

Until we get it added in (if we do), Jakesnake5's suggestion is good. I've found that sats placed well above or below the ecliptic tend to last a bit longer than those placed near all the stations and stuff.

Alternatively, there are satellite management scripts (I think) that will maintain a network of sats automatically for you. At least, there were for X2, iirc, so I'd guess there are also some available for X3.

Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 11:01

Version 1.13 is available for testing in the L3+ script signing forum. It has some changes, and more changes are on the way. You need to become level 3 by editing your profile and signing up for the DevNet to download it.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 13. Apr 06, 11:02

Version 1.13 is available for testing in the L3+ script testing forum. It has some changes, and more changes are on the way. You need to become level 3 by editing your profile and signing up for the DevNet to download it. It should be noted that in exchange for trying a newer version you are expected to test it out and report back anything bad.

Sambo
x3

Post by Sambo » Tue, 18. Apr 06, 03:50

Hi Guys,

I have another small issue with v1.11 of the script.

It seems that occasionally my complex traders (selling ECs) will dock at my SPP complex and stop working (as if I manually ordered them to). The 'Station Manager: Continue' option comes up and when I select it, traders go off immediately and start selling stuff. I have over 10% of stock available, there are definately stations out there that meet the selling criterea & their hulls are always at 100%, so I can't see why they are doing this.

Did I read somewhere (can't find it again) that they'll dock back at the station if they come across any enemy fire (but don't get any hull damage) or something? If so, would it be possible to change this (or give us an option) to wait at the station for a specific period and then resume trading?

It's just a pain to have to keep checking back with the station to see if any ships are sitting idle there & running unattended overnight doesn't work very well.

Thanks again for making such a great script! :)

Cheers,

Sam.

Morval
x3

Post by Morval » Thu, 20. Apr 06, 01:56

First off, the script runs great, and I have had no problems up to this point.

Now I know I'm going to slap myself once someone clues me in here, but I'm having the most basic problem. I want to modify the jumprange for an individual ship, and it says:
Setting a Jumprange (ship command, ship additional commands):
Go to the command console of one of your traders. In the additional ship commands section of the command console you will have the 'Station Manager: Set Jumprange' command.
I have no "additional ship commands" on the "automated" ships console. What am I missing? I started poking around in the source script files, and I couldn't find anything obvious. I used Cycrow's script installer, and I only have like 3 other scripts installed.

Any files I should poke in to check? Any obvious things to try?

Thanks in advance.

Morval
x3

Post by Morval » Thu, 20. Apr 06, 02:14

*slap* nm, I'm an idiot. :oops:

Found it. Works great.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 03:26

AalaarDB, I finally did it.

After being pissed off for the LAST time with the civi's forcing my ships to undock and idle (10 docking spaces and my 2 ships got punted), I installed the 'No Civi' mod (actually, added it to the emp false patch).

Now, I get CUSTOMERS and my ships, and no more FREELOADERS! :D

kevonski
x3

Post by kevonski » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 04:10

Hey all! Was very excited about this script and gave it a go. Set a ship with no homebase out in space, it had no pre-existing orders, just sitting there. Start Automate, then dod the add/remove ship, and it did make the fact it's homebase and listed a command for where it was headed. 10 seconds later it poofs out, and where the command is shown it says NONE and then promptly docks at the home base. I have sat's everywhere, and 1 is in the next sector by all the possible supply stations it could need. The station has tons of money, jump distance is set to 10 or something, but no matter how many times I rerun it the same thing happens, 10 sec of Yes I am going to pick up some meatsteaks, then poof to no command, returns to homebase.

Any ideaS?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 06:10

In the station command, first you activate the SM, then you select and EMPTY slot to add the ship, not one any other command is visibly running in.

Manohart
x3

Post by Manohart » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 17:08

Any thought to making the 10 and 90% limits to sell products and buy resources variable in game?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 19:16

Uh, you talking about the statement on the first post:
Traders will only buy resources if your station is less than 90% full, and will only sell products if your station is more than 10% full.
which IS in the scripts?

Or if not, what ARE you talking about. A bit more info needed to translate. :D

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 20:28

From what I got from that he wants to know if those figures can be adjusted in game (or a how to..), so he can make it maybe buy at 20% stock instead of 10%

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 21:03

You'd have to adjust the script itself. Freighters can only be told what not to buy/sell and how far they can go, individually from the station/complex settings.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sun, 23. Apr 06, 23:19

Manohart, can you think of why you'd want to adjust those?

Sure we could, but it would mean adding another command, which takes up a command slot (away from another script), and makes the user interface a bit more compicated.

Is there a specific situation where the 90% / 10% limits are preventing you from doing something?
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

kevonski
x3

Post by kevonski » Mon, 24. Apr 06, 17:14

Finally dawned on me to click the 2nd slot when adding a ship, I was canceling the Automate command myself! DOh!

K, new situation though. I get a fab running Automated, all ships are doing their thing. I go off to lay waste to the universe. I checked back a couple of hours later (not 2 hours of SETA but 2 hours of play) and when I hit R to bring up my property menu I notice all my fab ships says "Orders: None". I clicked each and was able to select the "resume automate" or whatever the command is, but my question is why do they reach a point and quitski on me?

Thanks!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”