[Script] Station Manager v1.11 (March 27)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Maj3stic
x3

Post by Maj3stic » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 21:40

k.. thx, that a good point i have woundered how that works and have figured out most of it . I am going to assume that if the setting is null/none then NO inter. trading happens (thats your point..right?)

I am just a bit fuzzie on the buy= your set buy inter. price at "x" and sell= your set sell inter. at price "x"even though it still says buy on the GIU but the setting is set to sell so it sells?right? lol :?

So if thats right the buy/sell setting does what? sells at x if supplie is y? and buys a x if supplie is y? if so whats the spread, the resone i am asking is it looked to me that the station was buying and selling within the same moment, in other words the station bought then sold imediantly to other trader at the same time??

Thank you again for your time this seems like a great script/mod I am just having a hard time getting it to work right for me.

---And that brings me to a new problem/question. I let the game run all night in seta, buy morning my best complex was a basket case. This complex is isolated from my other stations by distance. It produces energy ,rasteroil, buys crystals and fish heads (chealt) I have 15 traders working that station and it make money hand over fist. Is thier a limite to the number of ships the station manager can work? It seemed that most had no orders and station was just sitting thier like it could not figure out what to do. I am assuming that it sold off all the energy and then could not figure out how to fix the problem.. accourding to the read me the station manager should stop at x% level and not trade, but it seems confused if one of the product sold also supplies the station?
My head hurts :lol:

Anyway thanks
Maj3stic

rizzo420
x3

Post by rizzo420 » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 21:50

I had the problem of ships sitting in my Space Fuel factory not buying Energy or selling the Fuel. So, I set them to buy Energy and Sell fuel manually, and they seem to be fine. Station Manager is still making sure they don't go to the same station to sell, and is limiting the number of jumps to what I have set for the Energy buyer.
I was going to uninstall it until I saw that it actually does work. Kudos :)
Split Say AAAAAAAAA!!!

Cargo bay now contains: Elephant.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 23:06

I don't think the buy/sell setting affects the SM's traders right, they will do one, but not the other (find the earlier post that says which).

As for the station running out, thats what happens when you let AI's buy from you. They probably emptied your supplies and caused trouble with the facts needing them.

As to a limit of ships, more a case of 'how many will be docked at the same time' is the application. If you have only 50% of your docks occupied by your ships, its ok.

More means customers start booting your ships out into 'Idle', then when they redock they go to 'None' command mode.

But for that complex, I'm not sure how you can get out of the stock problem, unless you remove a freighter or 2 and have them buy (using buy ware best price command) the resources your selling (energy, rastar oil). They may keep the place running if something needed runs out. Let the SM deal with the other ships so you don't have to alter the buy/sell setting and mess them up. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 29. Apr 06, 00:22

Read the two posts I have highlighted here:

http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 20#1559620

They explain how you can set up your complexes to manage intermediate products.
I really need to update the readme with that info.
Basically, SM ships will either always buy or always sell intermediate products. They always sell products and they always buy resources.

They will not trade any wares back and forth, ever, for any reason.

If you set the parameter for intermediate products on the station parameter screen to 'buy', they'll buy. If you set it to 'sell', they'll sell. If you set it to 'buy & sell', SM ships will only buy. (although npc ships will be able to do both)

I hope that makes sense.
Cheers.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

Maj3stic
x3

Post by Maj3stic » Sat, 29. Apr 06, 02:26

Thanks gents I think thats got it. Keep the good work up.

Maj3stic

Jase555
x4

Post by Jase555 » Sun, 30. Apr 06, 17:50

My first ever script installation. I don't believe in cheating but this is NOT cheating (right?) but desperate for some sane behaviour as credits are not comming in as fast as I expect them to.

thanks for all the hard work guys. It is much appreciated.

:D

Jase555
x4

Post by Jase555 » Sun, 30. Apr 06, 17:55

for information guys. the first link in page 1 downloads a file without a file extension. Adding .zip to the end works fine.

Just to let you know in case it was news to you.
:o

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 1. May 06, 03:09

Usually, in that case, the file would have 'renametozip' in its name.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Clock_Work
x3ap

Post by Clock_Work » Sun, 14. May 06, 03:15

Where do I buy these Station Managers? :?
I like the idea :D because I own a lot of factories and i dont like to manage all the transporters manualy because it takes a lot of time and i dont have any time left to have fun (killing pirates is the best fun :twisted: oh and Paranids :twisted: )I hate those ----------- *edited by burianek*.

Good job :thumb_up:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 14. May 06, 03:38

You activate the Station Manager in each station with the 'additional command' slot. The readme gives more info.

The station/complex needs 20k credits to start the manager.
[ external image ]

Sambo
x3

Post by Sambo » Fri, 26. May 06, 13:46

Just to harp on again about an old subject :) - Traders being forcefully undocked and loosing their commands...

I was just reading about a different script which does a similar job to this one (http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=110417) and I saw this:

Update 1.25
Bugfix: The Signal Undock was sometimes causing the traders to lose their command, resulting in command "None". Traders now ignore the signal.

So there is obviously a way to fix that issue. Any chance of getting this implemented in Station Manager? :D :D :D

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 26. May 06, 15:21

If you use the 'no-civilian' mod (requires modifying the 'jobs.txt' file), it would reduce the number of times ships get booted.
[ external image ]

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 27. May 06, 01:48

To be perfectly honest, I probably won't be making more updates to this script. I'm not sure about aalaardb.
I'd be cautious about overwriting default game behavior like signal undock anyway, that might lead to unforeseen consequences.
If you know who fixed the signal undock in the other script, I have no problems if they (or you) want to edit / alter my script and rerelease it.
Sorry, I know that's not terribly helpful.
Cheers.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sat, 27. May 06, 12:16

Burianek ...

hope you dont mind me butting in ...

Sambo wrote:Just to harp on again about an old subject :) - Traders being forcefully undocked and loosing their commands...
as it is ES has made some alterations to the 'move to station' script ..
wich basicly makes a 'signal undocked' a requirement ...

tempering with it doesnt have to be a problem ...
however disableling it for certain ships *can* very well cause 'mayor' problems ...
(be advised not to disable it .. but alter it ... or you may end up with your stations/ships causing very long 'waiting-lines')

G

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Sat, 27. May 06, 23:58

Yeah,
I don't ever really like messing with deafult game behavior. You think you have something fixed short term, and then you realize 15 hours later you've destroyed your game with no hope of fixing it.
Thx for the heads up though.

Vetkin
x3tc

Post by Vetkin » Sun, 28. May 06, 07:12

I'm having the same problem with this script I think. (BTW i love this script) However after a bit a few of my station's traders will stop being automated and sit in the stations. Not sure what causes it. All i have to do to fix it is tell them to continue you trade window but it'd be nice if this could be fixed. :D

Zakalwe
x3tc

Post by Zakalwe » Thu, 8. Jun 06, 20:01

hi there, have got a couple of "problems"

1. intermediate products...
am i right that SM ships always trade intermediate products even if the station setting says no trading of intermediate products? that's what they do for me anyway, so i have to prohibit intermediate products, easy workaround but i just want to have confirmation

2. intermediate products continued...
i have a weird minicomplex consisting of one SPP-L and one Crystal-M (don't ask why). what i end up with is having both energy and crystals as intermediate products and no "final" products.
as i am short of crystals obviously i want to buy crystals and sell energy. what my SM-crystal buyer does is load crystals, sitting in dock for about 10sec, unload crystals before loading them again a second later. the station was set to buy intermediate products - my energy seller was on sell at best price cause he was ill behaving under SM command :). what helped for my crystal buyer for one run was setting the buying price to 1685 (1 above average). but then again the load/unload loop... what helped for my multipurpose ressource buyer (rastar/silicon/crystal) was setting intermediate prod... to "none", strangely, as this setting usually doesn't affect my other comnplexes. confused? i am!

what i want to do is buy crystals and ressources and sell the energy cells via dedicated sell for best price freighter.
I know the main problem is probably my weird "complex" setup and the lack of official final products, and i know there is an easy workaround, but as the intermediate product setting doesn't bother my SM traders in other complexes whatsoever, i thought there might be some problem with the script for the latest version of X3.
Zepto Nox A15 - P8400, 4GB 800MHz DDR2, Nvidia 9650GT 512MB DDR3, WSXGA, 200GB SATA 7200rpm, Blu-ray, Vista Business UK 64-bit

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 8. Jun 06, 22:36

The trouble is, you probably got your intermediates with the complex set to buy and sell.

This kind of issue happens on occasion. You can only have buy or sell, the traders can't do both.

Read the entire thread, somewhere what your experiencing has happened before.

You can prevent your traders from dealing with by forbiding them from dealing with that item. Just use standard traders to fetch goods.

@Vetkin
Most likely, your SM ships got booted off the dock by 'customers', and when they redocked they 'forgot' their SM commands. Use their Trade menu item Continue... to reatart their commands.

This happens alot especially when there's alot of customer traffic, and the civilian traffic doesn't help matters either. (I use the No Civi mod).
[ external image ]

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 04:04

I'm not sure what the weird issue is with your complex zak.
If you've prohibited energy, so they guy should only be trading crystals, and you have int products set to buy only, he should be buying them just fine.
If you'd like to run a debug trace and email it to me (per instructions in the first post) I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on.
He should never be loading crystals onto the ship if he's set to buy intermediate products only. That's very strange.
Cheers.

*edit*
I've just seen that aalaardb has done some more work on this script, he's up to version 1.14 in the script test forum (must be lvl 3 to view). It sounds like something he fixed in version 1.13 might be your problem.
Why don't you download that test version from the script testing forum and give it a shot? it might fix your problems.

Changelog:
1.14:
Fixed some bugs introduced in previous versions
User interface has been streamlined
- Add and Remove ships split into 2 commands
- Running Add on a station gives you the option of listing the ships or adding all applicable ships at once
- Running Remove on a station removes all applicable ships at once
(known bug) only English language id 44 has the up to date text, so other languages will fail to add all ships, and display a readtext for remove ships.

1.13:
Fixed homebase selling to itself if it is a complex

1.12:
Lowered the wait at home time to 3 to 5 minutes.
Decreased memory.

Vetkin
x3tc

Post by Vetkin » Fri, 9. Jun 06, 05:33

Yeah i suppose that could be the problem with civilian ships. It is strange how it happens almost like clock work on the same couple stations.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”