'Must-have' mods and scripts?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 26. May 06, 12:03

For now I'm enjoying mainly BBS scripts from Cycrow, LV
these two scipters are helping us with the mod and most of there scipts will be in the mod.
Last edited by killerog on Fri, 26. May 06, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Fri, 26. May 06, 20:16

I just noticed this thread...and thought I'd post a quick defense of DDRS' use of ships from major (and generally popular) film series...and a shameless plug.

You may in fact "hate" Star Wars (or Babylon 5...or Battlestar Galactica...or...). However, that is not a reason to avoid trying DDRS. If you don't like a certain ship...of genre of ships...don't buy & fly them.
...also, as an added "bonus"...you get the pleasure of destroying all those ships you "hate" when you see the AI flying around in them :lol:

The beauty of X3 (and X2) is that you can install scripts and mods to tailor the game to your own preferences. There is no need to "talk down" someone's scripts or mods...simply install what you like...play...and enjoy

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 26. May 06, 20:33

DeadlyDa wrote:The beauty of X3 (and X2) is that you can install scripts and mods to tailor the game to your own preferences. There is no need to "talk down" someone's scripts or mods...simply install what you like...play...and enjoy
Well said, DeadlyDa, and I realise that my initial suggestion for a 'must-have scripts and mods'-thread is futile in this community, since people will install what suits them best anyway. X3 being a singleplayer game everyone has different preferences and no one to worry about calling them cheaters or anything.

I played/tried your mod in the early stages several months ago and enjoyed it immensily (I like Tie-Fighters 8) ), and will most definitely install it again once it is declared finished enough to keep installed even after new versions are released.

Cheers!

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Fri, 26. May 06, 21:28

honestly posting a thread with a title like that is just asking for an all out advertising fight by everyone :lol:

A Team
x3

Post by A Team » Fri, 26. May 06, 21:50

Syklon wrote:honestly posting a thread with a title like that is just asking for an all out advertising fight by everyone :lol:
It’s the battle of the mods. I use the XTENDED MOD i like the look of the features in the DDRS but the Star Wars ships but me off. It will be intresting when the fussion mod comes out the looks very intresting. I will defiantly be giving it ago.
Last edited by A Team on Fri, 26. May 06, 21:59, edited 6 times in total.

asmith
x3

Post by asmith » Fri, 26. May 06, 21:52

I kind agree, to add a large mix of "random" Sci-fi ships destroys the X atmosphere. However it they would make a total conversion: (X3 star wars! ) Then I would take a look at it.

It's sorta of like having planes and boats in your model car collection.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 26. May 06, 22:20

wwell, if i as goign to choose a mod, i would choose firelance, but its not out yet :P

A Team
x3

Post by A Team » Fri, 26. May 06, 22:33

Cycrow wrote:wwell, if i as goign to choose a mod, i would choose firelance, but its not out yet :P
I never heard about that mod before. So I did what I know and searched for it. Looks interesting.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 26. May 06, 22:42

of course u would cycrow lol.

just like i would chose teh fantastic, amazing cool named fushion project :lol:

Trigg004
x3

Post by Trigg004 » Sat, 27. May 06, 00:21

so this new mod that is coming out that has the moon base *landable planet i hope*, you also said there will be DDRS included in this, and other mods as well as new ships *tons i might add* plus other mods, im not sure how your gona do this, many ships and mods use some of the same coding as the other mods or ships...thus you will not get some ships into the game, unless of course ur all working together :roll:

*signs* i like these gaming communities...Novaworld....Egosoft
*cough* *Cough* not EA games *cough* Cough* :lol:

But its nice to see players and everyone alike working together to the endless limits to make the game a whole lot better :roll:

Im glad to be apart of these communities :)

anyone also for DDRS, if u don't like it..then don't bother trying it, as DeadlyDa said, AI do fly the ships, but only in some sectors, and i rather like xtended and DDRS, but it would be nice to have the 2. But im thinking the modders would not bother combining them :roll:

But anyway i find DDRS sweet, even there update is good. Xtended is good...but has fewer ships and changes to the game..but i like both.

Trigg

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Sat, 27. May 06, 00:50

xtended is going to get a fairly large boost in ships next release :wink:

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sat, 27. May 06, 10:52

Trigg004 wrote:so this new mod that is coming out that has the moon base *landable planet i hope*, you also said there will be DDRS included in this, and other mods as well as new ships *tons i might add* plus other mods, im not sure how your gona do this, many ships and mods use some of the same coding as the other mods or ships...thus you will not get some ships into the game, unless of course ur all working together :roll:

Trigg
yep we are working together using cycrows new ship programme thingy with other technics (i anit doing that so i have no idea)

Also lots of sectores with names and ideas from this community. and now muti colour beam wepon for my race.

advertising war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 27. May 06, 17:41

killerog wrote:
advertising war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now would that really be a good idea as some (including myself) would consider it :spam: ?

A word of warning incase you want to test the theory, I'm having the mother of all bad moods today.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sat, 27. May 06, 18:04

LV wrote:I'm having the mother of all bad moods today.
Just a quick off-topic question to take your mind off of things... :P

I'm getting a link saying 'Show avatar' on the left instead of seeing the actual avatars of people writing posts. Is this some firewall of mine kicking in, or a new forum feature (have been away for a while).

I admit this is very handy when browsing the forum at work so that no one can see all the freaky avatars, but I was just wondering... :)

Now go get drunk! :D j/k...

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sat, 27. May 06, 18:10

X-it wrote:
Just a quick off-topic question to take your mind off of things... :P

I'm getting a link saying 'Show avatar' on the left instead of seeing the actual avatars of people writing posts. Is this some firewall of mine kicking in, or a new forum feature (have been away for a while).

I admit this is very handy when browsing the forum at work so that no one can see all the freaky avatars, but I was just wondering... :)

Now go get drunk! :D j/k...
Have you checked if avatar showing is enabled in your profile ?
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sat, 27. May 06, 18:21

Thanks, haven't seen this before. Great feature, for the reason mentioned above.

Now back on track: Thanks again for all the tips. Looking forward to that fusion mod! :)

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Sat, 27. May 06, 22:04

killerog wrote:advertising war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'll let our page views/post numbers speak for themselves :wink:

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 28. May 06, 22:13

It is to the credit of this game, and to the people who play it, that we have an unusually high degree of good natured competition within our modding community. Most of the people making mods for this game are very open and willing to help each other in their individual efforts.

Modding for X3 is following an evolutionary path that is interesting to note. The Fusion Project is simply an answer to the huge increase in people now being able to mod this game, and wanting to make their wares available for others to enjoy.

There is NO advertising war. There is in fact no war at all. As long as the volition behind all mod presentations remains in the free community spirit, we all benifit. :)

Northstar
x3

Post by Northstar » Mon, 29. May 06, 01:30

Well said Observe :thumb_up:

Since coming back to the X Forums I have seen great spirit in every modding community, where all scripters and modders share ideas and advice openly and freely.

These are the sorts of things that make the X3 game even better than it already is. :wink:
[ external image ]
Click the logo to see what we are up to.
Modding Guide V1.6

GoblinToe
x3

Post by GoblinToe » Wed, 7. Jun 06, 21:34

Renegade 13 wrote:No they don't have the same ships.

Personally, I'm playing with the DDRS mod at the moment, fully knowing that eventually I will have to start it over.

Wait a sec, are you guys saying that if you install DDRS that just upgrading to a new version of DDRS will corrupt your saves, or will uninstalling it also corrupt your saves?

I am new to X3, and installed DDRS, but would like to have the option of uninstalling it without destroying my save games? I've already playing for some time with DDRS, so am I screwed?

I don't mind not being able to upgrade to a new DDRS, but if this mod has screwed my saved games by just installing it once, that really SUCKS.

Thanks for any input. I hope I don't have to start over.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”