<0> [AL PLUGIN] Kha'ak Invasions v1.2.3 Final Release + Bugfixes

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

It's My first Script, how would you rate it?

1/5 > Awful
6%
2/5 > Bad
6%
3/5 > Ok
12%
4/5 > Good
41%
5/5 > Excellent
35%

Total votes: 17

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 22:03

ekarg wrote:I installed the script, technically everything is OK,
I left the game running for the whole day,
checking frequently the whole universe and still no track of khaak invasion.
What is wrong?
You are not the only person who has informed me of this.

I am working hard to establishing (and fixing) the problem.

Please do not uninstall the plugin as of yet, as it appears to be working fine on my game. However please bare in mind that I am working hard on fixing whatever bug may be causing this.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. i suppose its my n00b skills kicking in again :oops: :(

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Sat, 7. Oct 06, 23:09

It is now working. Please download the latest version from the original post.

Again I am so sorry for the stupidity.

To get the new version to work, you must first save then load your game. A kha'ak invasion will spawn instantly somewhere in your universe.

I'm lucky, currently Mine spawned in an Unknown Sector.

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Wed, 18. Oct 06, 18:23

Are you absolutely certain that your script is working? I have now spent approximately two weeks searching for a Khaak invasion without ever finding one. And yes, I have used the latest version, saved and loaded, reinitialized script caches, etc. The closest I have come to seeing a Khaak invasion was when I found a Khaak station in a Split sector. However, there were no Khaak ships in the sector, just the station.

I am not an expert in X3 scripting, but I think that there is a bug in the script al.khaak.timer:

Code: Select all

$Search =  find station in galaxy: startsector=$KnownSector class or type=Kha'ak Station race=Kha'ak flags=null refobj=null serial=omega max.jumps=160
if not $Search -> exists
else
end

return null
The problem with this code is that a Khaak station (apparently) is not considered as being hostile and will therefore not be destroyed. In the sector where I found the Khaak station absolutely no ships cared about it. The local sector defense just keep patroling, ignoring the station completely. There is therefore, must likely, an abandoned Khaak station somewhere in my game, which I cannot find, and until I destroy that Khaak station, there will not be any more Khaak invasions.

An easy fix to this problem would be to destroy the Khaak station in the else part of the if-statement, so that an invasion will take place the next time the script is called.

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Wed, 18. Oct 06, 20:02

Aketzali wrote:Are you absolutely certain that your script is working? I have now spent approximately two weeks searching for a Khaak invasion without ever finding one. And yes, I have used the latest version, saved and loaded, reinitialized script caches, etc. The closest I have come to seeing a Khaak invasion was when I found a Khaak station in a Split sector. However, there were no Khaak ships in the sector, just the station.

I am not an expert in X3 scripting, but I think that there is a bug in the script al.khaak.timer:

$Search =  find station in galaxy: startsector=$KnownSector class or type=Kha'ak Station race=Kha'ak flags=null refobj=null serial=omega max.jumps=160
if not $Search -> exists
else
end

return null
The problem with this code is that a Khaak station (apparently) is not considered as being hostile and will therefore not be destroyed. In the sector where I found the Khaak station absolutely no ships cared about it. The local sector defense just keep patroling, ignoring the station completely. There is therefore, must likely, an abandoned Khaak station somewhere in my game, which I cannot find, and until I destroy that Khaak station, there will not be any more Khaak invasions.

An easy fix to this problem would be to destroy the Khaak station in the else part of the if-statement, so that an invasion will take place the next time the script is called.
Thankyou for bringing to my attention in that it could be a problem. I left this by design originally to give the player at least some role in the invasions.

However, the next version which I am currently working on will introduce two main changes:

1: The invasions will not take place inside sectors that belong to an 'Unknown Race' (that is, any Unknown sector - its a bitch when they spawn in one simply for finding it).

2: I will make sure the AI attack this station.

I am surprised that you found no Kha'ak ships with your station. Have you got the Race Response script running?

Also please use This to double check the amount of Kha'ak in your universe.

There is no technical reason why there should have not been a respawn, other than a station exsisting. The station is also never further than 30km from the sector's center.

Please get back to me asap.

And yes, I am certain that this script is functional as of v1.2.3

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Wed, 18. Oct 06, 21:05

Milo Rambaldi wrote:I am surprised that you found no Kha'ak ships with your station. Have you got the Race Response script running?
Yes.
Milo Rambaldi wrote:Also please use This to double check the amount of Kha'ak in your universe.
I will try that. Thanks.

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Wed, 18. Oct 06, 21:30

Aketzali wrote:
Milo Rambaldi wrote:I am surprised that you found no Kha'ak ships with your station. Have you got the Race Response script running?
Yes.
That would explain the lack of Kha'ak around that station then :)

If you can tell me if you found another spawnpoint or not I will be much greatful.

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Thu, 19. Oct 06, 09:45

<0> Rambaldi Scripting Service
------------------------------------
Mass Information PM
Topic: Respawn Times

This is going out to all user's of the Kha'ak Invasion AL Plugin. That have signed up for the <0> player service plan.

I have found after some prodding with the code that as of v1.2.3 (Latest), the Invasion time is infact a maximum of around 2hours 45 minutes after the target is destroyed.

This is due to the AL Engine setup which runs the main invasion script every 2.77 hours. This means that respawn time will vary depending on how long it is until the AL Engine runs the script again.

Don't be alarmed, no matter how many times the script is called, there will not be an Invasion until the Target is destroyed.

Update 1.2.4 will be released soon, but this will leave the time as it is in order to give the universe some time to recover from the last invasion.

Milo

<0> Rambaldi Scripting Service. Crap Scripts. Good Customer Service.

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Thu, 19. Oct 06, 22:06

During the last two days I have tested this script for many hours (without the Race Response script) without seeing any Khaak invasion. I used the Khaak hunter script to search for Khaak clusters all over the universe, but I never saw any Khaak station or Khaak capital size ship.

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Thu, 19. Oct 06, 22:41

Aketzali wrote:During the last two days I have tested this script for many hours (without the Race Response script) without seeing any Khaak invasion. I used the Khaak hunter script to search for Khaak clusters all over the universe, but I never saw any Khaak station or Khaak capital size ship.
I have found that Stations do not appear on the kha'ak hunter script and I am modifying it so that it will.

I still have not found route of the problem. Cycrow can find nothing wrong with version 1.2.3 and to be honest I am just as stumped.

As far as I am aware, very few people are not having respawns though?

Unfortunatly I cannot keep track without people leaving comments. I am quite literally spending all my free time trying to find out the problem.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 02:34

Milo Rambaldi wrote:I still have not found route of the problem. Cycrow can find nothing wrong with version 1.2.3 and to be honest I am just as stumped.
well, i only had a quick look, if i get chance ill look at it in more detail

Aketzali
x3tc

Post by Aketzali » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 12:18

I still think that the problem is that this script effectively disables itself, if no one destroys the Khaak station that it creates. I, therefore, most likely have a Khaak station somewhere in the X3 universe that I cannot find and no one else is interested in. The script should be able to handle this situation, e.g. by checking if there are any capital size Khaak ships in the sector where the Khaak station was found. If this is not the case, then the Khaak station should just be removed and a new invasion should take place in another sector.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 13:29

I have installed the xtended mod 0.6b.. Will this spawn the new type of khaak ships only the vanilla ones?

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 20:08

ezra-r wrote:I have installed the xtended mod 0.6b.. Will this spawn the new type of khaak ships only the vanilla ones?
If it decides it wishes to work, then it will only spawn the Vanilla kha'ak ships.

However they are enough of a challenge as it is I assure you :wink:

As for the station, all I can suggest is that you create a simple script that consists of such:

$Sector = [PLAYERSHIP] -> get sector

$Station = Find station in galaxy: startsector=$Sector class or type=Khaak Station race=Khaak flags=null refobject=null serial=Omega maxjumps=500

Write to player logbook $Station

return null
If this returns a 'null' value in your logbook then there is no kha'ak station anywhere and something is seriously wrong.

If this is the case I will remove the download link until the problem is fixed.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 22. Oct 06, 13:46

Milo Rambaldi wrote:
ezra-r wrote:I have installed the xtended mod 0.6b.. Will this spawn the new type of khaak ships only the vanilla ones?
If it decides it wishes to work, then it will only spawn the Vanilla kha'ak ships.

However they are enough of a challenge as it is I assure you :wink:

As for the station, all I can suggest is that you create a simple script that consists of such:

$Sector = [PLAYERSHIP] -> get sector

$Station = Find station in galaxy: startsector=$Sector class or type=Khaak Station race=Khaak flags=null refobject=null serial=Omega maxjumps=500

Write to player logbook $Station

return null
If this returns a 'null' value in your logbook then there is no kha'ak station anywhere and something is seriously wrong.

If this is the case I will remove the download link until the problem is fixed.
Im sure there is enough challenge.. Just wanted to know if there could be problems joining both.

As for the script.. puff. thats out of my range.. Im just a stupid player :P

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Sun, 22. Oct 06, 15:30

ezra-r wrote: Im sure there is enough challenge.. Just wanted to know if there could be problems joining both.

As for the script.. puff. thats out of my range.. Im just a stupid player :P
No problems, once I get it working you can modify it yourself if you wish

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 23. Oct 06, 12:55

already installed this plug-in and havent had problems so far..

After a few hours of play I still havent noticed a Khaak invasion, in any case, Im preparing for it :)

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Mon, 23. Oct 06, 17:00

ezra-r wrote:already installed this plug-in and havent had problems so far..

After a few hours of play I still havent noticed a Khaak invasion, in any case, Im preparing for it :)
One does definately start I know that for sure.

It could be anywhere, try the Unknown Sectors if you can't find it.

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Mon, 6. Nov 06, 09:03

Milo Rambaldi wrote:
ezra-r wrote:already installed this plug-in and havent had problems so far..

One does definately start I know that for sure.

It could be anywhere, try the Unknown Sectors if you can't find it.
Hmmm, I too seem to have this problem? I have NavSats in every sector except Xenon sectors. I have checked and re-checked every sector a number of times, and also checked the Xenon sectors (by flying around them a bit), but I still cannot see any Khaak ships/stations? Would it be possible for you to alter the script to have an incoming message to state that a certain sector is under attack from Khaak? Like surely, if a real invasion was to occur such a message would be broadcast through the galaxy anyway, so I don't see this as a "cheat" at all.

Jon Tetrino
x4

Post by Jon Tetrino » Sat, 18. Nov 06, 12:15

agleave wrote:
Hmmm, I too seem to have this problem? I have NavSats in every sector except Xenon sectors. I have checked and re-checked every sector a number of times, and also checked the Xenon sectors (by flying around them a bit), but I still cannot see any Khaak ships/stations? Would it be possible for you to alter the script to have an incoming message to state that a certain sector is under attack from Khaak? Like surely, if a real invasion was to occur such a message would be broadcast through the galaxy anyway, so I don't see this as a "cheat" at all.
I'm working on it, the entire lot of it is being re-written. The more confusing thing is that not even Ccrow can see the problem so naturally I'm stumped :cry:

I'm trying my best :oops:

trident9

Post by trident9 » Mon, 20. Nov 06, 07:36

great mod! thanks alot. i found a huge khaak fleet in the unknown sector(the one next to new income). now i can finally hunt some khaaks :twisted:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”