Teradine: MOD (RELEASE: 0.1b)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Teradine: MOD (RELEASE: 0.1b)

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 25. Sep 06, 21:10

It's here...

Beta Release of 0.1 Terradine. Download, fool around, and report back, please see the issues list at the top of page seven.

DOWNLOAD ~ 100 mb : http://www.muyo.org/atc/X3TerradineV0.1b.zip
And the Map: http://www.muyo.org/atc/terradine.xml

YOU NEED BOTH FILES TO PLAY TERRADINE CORRECTLY!!! (I forgot to put the map into the mod package, and it takes an hour to upload the package. I'll get it next time... next time Gadget... NEXT TIME!!!)

INSTRUCTIONS:
Unzip file into your X3 directory. Soundtracks will go directly into soundtracks folder, and mod will go to Mods folder. Download and place the map (terradine.xml) into the maps folder.

NOTE: The battle music tracks will overwrite original X3 tracks.
Tracks are 01001, 01002, 01003, 01004, 01005.

Start X3, select Terradine Mod in the select mod package section of the splash screen, then run the game.
At the main menu:
Start new game, start custom game, terradine.

--------------------------------------------

Terradine Choice production shots.

GALAXY EDITING::

FIRST SHOT: Example of soft lighting and reproduction of realistic planet matching color glows in Tsunami's Kiss sector... (Look at the ship hull.)
[ external image ]

SECOND SHOT: Backlit Asteroids of Morgan's Field
[ external image ]

THIRD SHOT: Two moons around a gas giant in Uncharted Space
[ external image ]

FOURTH SHOT: Mi Ton's REVENGE shows just how capable a Boron is of being nasty...
[ external image ]

FIFTH SHOT: Low Gas Giant Orbit nearing sunset in Split space.
[ external image ]

SIXTH SHOT: Can't remember where, but high orbit of a Gas Giant with a moon partially obscured in a dust cloud.
[ external image ]

SEVENTH SHOT: Guided through the fog by Nav. Beacons in THE RIFT.
[ external image ]

EIGHTH SHOT: Argon Prime Revisited (Nice moon.)
[ external image ]

NINTH SHOT: Grand Planetary Sunrise in Uncharted Sector.
[ external image ]

TENTH SHOT: View of the TERRADINE NAVAL YARDS
[ external image ]

ELEVENTH SHOT: Terradine Sector Map
[ external image ]

TWELFTH SHOT: Composite image showing old X2 suns called back after tweaking the Tsuns file.
[ external image ]

VISUAL EFFECTS TESTING::

First Shot: PPCs Open up a can O KABLEWIE! Two overlayed images of test firing.
[ external image ]

OTHER ITEMS:

First Shot: A drumtrack view of the creation of Terradine Battle music number two, COLD FIRE.
[ external image ]

--------------------------------------------

:Offiial request for assistance:
Need Able Bodied Scripters and Ship Model input-ers. Apply by dragging in the first pirate you find at gunpoint, deposit him on this desk...

Pirates with Parrots are favored.

If you are NINJA, all the better.

---------------------------------------------

(Self notes for spacific topics....)

Visual Effects Research Thread

Galaxy Editing Notes and pointers thread

Terradine script concepts thread.

Terradine Fleets Thread
Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw on Fri, 3. Nov 06, 03:02, edited 12 times in total.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Mon, 25. Sep 06, 21:14

Khaak_Hammer requesting to Beta for the Admiral, comes with own parrot, will travel.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 25. Sep 06, 21:19

That's fine. The first thing out will be the ship/weapon/effects/sound changes. Once that has been started, I have to begin working on... THE MAP.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Mon, 25. Sep 06, 21:34

Thanks TC.

Whats first?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 25. Sep 06, 21:39

Nothing today, just an announcement to start with. I have to work in just over an hour and I need to finish up my tasks. I just finsihed grabbing a bunch of editor files.

The only thing I'm REALLY going to miss is Xehonk's Galaxy Editor that did so well in X2. Especially with the Random Sector Generator I used to make the asteroid fields.

Otherwise, maybe you can do me some help. Break open the 'types' files in X2 and X3 and review the effects file. I want to recreate my MONDO white flash capital ship explosion with the gigantic flaming ring O death!

EDIT:
Here's a list of details I did to the visual effects.

1: I made impact effects on all small lasers have very simple effects to imrpove computer performance on lower systems. I added a lense flare with a size of 10 kms. (I disovered Lense Flares acted like a bubble, if you were INSIDE them, you didn't see them.) This way, any firefights going on, you could see them from the flashes of the impacts, and you would see these from across systems. Big fights simply looked AWESOME.

2: PPCs had slow firing rates for Terradine, and in compensation I made them BIG cannons. As such, I changed the weapon's visual muzzle flash to something more fitting of a destroyer's cannon. A huge blue flare would flash from each cannon, and a 'halo' shockwave would spread out a quarter the length of most ships. This would be simply an AWE to watch.

3: Explosions were adjusted to be a bit more entertaining. If something died, you knew it. Fighters had shockrings and disintigrated. M6s had their own large explosion. And M2s, M1s, TLs, and Stations got the Ultradeath explosion. A huge lense flare and explosion clouds followed by a HUGE spike flare that if you were inside, would blind you for a moment, and that followed up with the giant plasma ring that shot outwards and flew out past the gates of the system you were in. 'Twas a joy to blow something big up.

Colonelnj10
x3

Post by Colonelnj10 » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 00:02

You need another beta? if so, I am avalible

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 06:18

We'll see, I might split the task between the two of you when things get going.

*Reads sig*

Hmm..

"The Chances of Survival in Single Combat are less than, ten percent."
- UCAV 'Tinman' E.D.I. , Stealth

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 13:13

One thing we all need is better laser sounds.

Me in M6.

Him in M3.

I don't see him.

He fires AHEPT's

I don't even notice untill "Shields Falling"

Boom.

see what I mean?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 21:37

Don't worry, I'm going to be, 'recylcing' a few nifty sound effects from X2 terradine. The alert, the weapons.... MMMMMMmmmmm... GOODNESS is sound.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 27. Sep 06, 00:38

Right now I'm working on the Tships file. Luckly, all I have to do is translate Terradine stats across.... but it's really tedious. But I should be done with that and working on the much quicker weapons and shields files.

Essentially, Terradine's combat is mixed so fights happened at higher speeds and longer ranges. Going to be interesting with that slide going on. As soon as I'm done with the files, I'm going to throw on the simulator to test it out.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 27. Sep 06, 11:03

Okay, third post for this night/day...

It's 4 AM and I just finished the first bout of editing.

Tships
Tshields
Tlasers
Tbullets
Tmissiles

I'll slap those together in a .cat package tomarrow and run a simulator test. After that, I'll put them up while I start working on sound effects replacements so you guys can check out the balances and report anything out of whack.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 27. Sep 06, 15:24

Do me a favor and include a few of your ships.

To bad I can't have any of mine.

Khaak_Hammer
x2

Post by Khaak_Hammer » Wed, 27. Sep 06, 15:33

*PinG*

Damm wish the GaGarens were part of the X universe.

They'er not just a people I made up in my head when we started either.

Damm I wish we had a few new ships that arent based in ST/SW/B5/etc.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Wed, 27. Sep 06, 20:38

Okay, here's the ships and weapons adjustments. This is NOT a release for gameplay use.

http://muyo.org/atc/X3terradine.rar

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 03:53

WANTED: MAPPER

"Someone with some downtime to work on the task of reproducing the X2 Terradine Map in X3, while I work on the guts of the mod..."

REQUIREMENTS: Understanding of the doubleshadow map editors for X2 and X3 are a MUST... Since you'll be using them so much.

What you have to do: A bit of a daunting task, but placing all the sectors in their places, and putting all stations into place and ensuring they have correct equipment. This includes the position of asteroids in asteroid fields, as well as double checking to make sure that shipyards across the galaxy allow the player access to every ownable item possible. (Assuming they can maintain all race relations.)

What you DON'T have to do: No writing of sector information is required as I will do that myself to ensure everything is good, and fresh if I need to make alterations. Also, any problems that come up during the mapping process, can be skipped and I'll deal with them myself.

Leeway: Mapper is only required to place stations, planets, and asteroid, as well as linking the gate network up. Outside that, the mapper may adjust the sector ambiance, such as the background, and planet positions, to best, artisticly match sector descriptions and names.

Payment: One argon buster, or the liberty to make some new sectors I will define the location for later. (I'd take the latter, I'm a bit short on Argon Busters at the moment...)

Apply at the desk of the Admiral with your ninja mapping skills in tow.

ajsarge
x3tc

Post by ajsarge » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 06:09

Don't wanna be a tester or anything, but...

WOOOOO!!!! :D :D :D

Tigerclaw, I so love you now. Only reason I played X2 was Terradine. Now I'll be playing a lot more of X3. The map, the ships, the weapons (though the IREs were a teeny bit overpowered. Oh, any chance you could put in hidden stuff like in X3 vanilla? 'twould be nice to be exploring and come across some special ship that is special in some way.

It's a longshot, but is there any chance you could Incorporate some of the DDRS stuff in Terradine? It'd be so freaking cool for the two biggest mods (not counting X-Tended, although which also has sweet ships which would be nice to see) into one package.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Fri, 29. Sep 06, 06:18

Work.... and lots of it. Not to mention I need knowledge on a few components of what I'm working on. And a mapper. It took me over a week to build the map from scratch, and that was WITH some shortcuts like copy and pasting the reused X2 race sectors, random generator that made large random asteroid fields, and stuff like that all streamlined.

Right now I've got a ton of work cut out just dealing with the effects and such and doing a few things here and there to get things figured out. In another thread, you can see I'm trying to decipher the effects file and utilize it to the best of my abilities.

I could REALLY use that mapper I advertised for.

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Sun, 1. Oct 06, 20:14

Okay, here's a question for you (My beta testers.)

I'm going to ensure missiles are a threat, but not irritatingly so.

Right now the fastest ships in Terradine are going to be around 1500 MPS. Lasers are going to be roughly 2000 MPS if not 2500 to 3000 when I'm done. (And they'll be adjusted for range.)

Put your missile list and speeds down, as well as your oppinion as to the 'purpose' of the missile.

Purposes are.

Dogfight (Short lived, mild turning ability. Should be balanced for 'one pass' shots.)
Swarm (Sharp turns, weaker, short lived.)
Stand-off attack. (Long lived, weak turns, but very strong.)
Anti-ship Direct attack (Slow, very powerful, short range.)
Anti-ship standoff (Fast, moderately powerful, long range.)
BLAST (Variants.)

I'm going to turn at least the manually guided missile, into a guided, medium speed, trigger detonated blast missile. (A cruise missile.)

As an example, the Thunderbolt missile, is going to be the SIDEWINDER of the game. The short range, quick, dogfight missile. The Dragonfly on the other hand, will be the Standoff fighter missile. (Similar to the AIM-54 Phoenix missile in real life.)

Let's hear some ideas. Remember, the missiles are going to be fast. Except for the big warhead torpedos for Anti-ship roles.

ajsarge
x3tc

Post by ajsarge » Sun, 1. Oct 06, 22:28

Oh, ATC, is the 'coming...' supposed to be just an MP3 file? or is it a video?

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 2. Oct 06, 08:02

Just an MP3. But the significance is... "I" wrote that song. :twisted:

Anyway... MISSILES! .GO.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”