X3 way too easy?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lnvader

X3 way too easy?

Post by lnvader » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 04:02

The game is way too easy, I thought installing XTM would solve this but it didn't, are there any scripts, mods that make the enemy less predictable and/or harder to kill?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 11:51

I don't know about a specifi script for combat AI, even if many try to assess a better AI for NPC. anyway, these scripts improve the hostility of your universe.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=105154

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=128310

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=143135

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=107846

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=105064

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=1781970

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=168948

2nd, wait for my next mod to come, as it was already in the previous Realspace Galaxy, ships will travel very fast and it will be more difficult to catch enemies, even the stupid ones :wink:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 12:27

Well, what ships are you using?
An LX is so powerful that it's a borderline exploit and the Hyperion is just plain a cheat ship.

Flying M4s exclusively can be a challenge alright. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 21:57

dont know if realspace linked it or not but there's a fight command software mark 3 script that is sposed to make npc fights more intelligent.

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 04:48

Gazz wrote:Well, what ships are you using?
An LX is so powerful that it's a borderline exploit and the Hyperion is just plain a cheat ship.

Yeah, like he is saying...

What do you mean by easy exactly. What exactly are you attempting to do that is so easy. Are you talking about one vs one combat, or small squad, large squad, or attempting to take out a whole sector?
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 05:45

If you like the challenge of combat, you might try Transcend mod which some have complained is too difficult.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 15:07

Yeah, I'm still trying to cross those damn sectors infested by khaaks!!! :D

There are some combat-oriented mods, more than some scripts can improve the challenge of your play.

I didn't understand if the question was for me, anyway the ships I'm using are not different, they are simply modded according to another concept. They all go fast but have the same speed limit (999 m/s) which is necessary otherwise all AI go crazy (there's no limit to moddable speed), what changes a lot is the steering, acceleration, atc. all affected by mass and engines.

lnvader

Post by lnvader » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 21:52

Thanks for the reply guys
Kailric wrote:

What do you mean by easy exactly. What exactly are you attempting to do that is so easy. Are you talking about one vs one combat, or small squad, large squad, or attempting to take out a whole sector?
And I mean the fights, Im using an eclipse, but even fighting enemy M7's, LX enemy armies or Marauders I still kick ass. Makes me wonder why all the other races have so much trouble with the pirates, Klingon's and khaaks, when even On my buster I whoop some serious m3 ass.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 22:41

LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Kailric
x3

Post by Kailric » Sat, 2. Feb 08, 21:27

lnvader wrote:Thanks for the reply guys
Kailric wrote:

And I mean the fights, Im using an eclipse, but even fighting enemy M7's, LX enemy armies or Marauders I still kick ass. Makes me wonder why all the other races have so much trouble with the pirates, Klingon's and khaaks, when even On my buster I whoop some serious m3 ass.
I am sure things can be done to further increase the AI of ships that you face in battle. I for one have been out of touch with the scripting scene for some time now. I am currently working on some AL scripts but when I get the chance I'll look into the combat scripts. Considering I worked on the acp scripts that now run the combat AI I should be able to increase their difficulty. Some of you may also remember me from the popular Xai combat AI from X2, sorry I have been away so long :(

Sense there isn't a Difficulty setting as far as Combat goes, those of us who are more "combat oriented" and would like a good challenge have to look to advanced scripts to satisfy our graving, as the game is set up to cater to the peaceful trader and economic empire builder.

From X2 to X3 the combat AI has increased greatly, but still a competent player has the advantage, especially 1vs1. Like I said though, hopefully I can look into it soon and help out if need be.
"Try not. Do or do not, there is no try."-Yoda

"[Its] time for the human race to enter the solar system"-Dan Quayle

Whismerhill
x3ap

Post by Whismerhill » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 01:09

"OCS apolo" should improve AI, though some reported that against big ships fighters are actually worse because of too large bouding boxes...

PAULKNOX
x3

Post by PAULKNOX » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 02:39

Try clearing a xenon sector with a buster and dont use missiles. 1 player piloted ship vs 4-5 npc's ships is easy, even in a harrier. However larger battles, 1 vs 35 with a stock fleet ship is a challenge. the hyperion well gotta love its ability to clear sectors with just plasma throwers. Since the eclipses' release I changed my hype's names to black dog and the eclipses to tick1 and so forth, hey they look like ticks, well a nova with a big but.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”