Trash Preview

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Antilogic
x3tc

Trash Preview

Post by Antilogic » Wed, 27. Jul 05, 21:30

Trash. What a c**p name for a game i think, as i look through Gamespots beta center. Still, its in beta, its a RTS, and only 20Mbs, (20Mb, must be rubbish) so i download it and give it go.

Trash is a multiplayer based RTS game developed by a 2 man team under the name Inhuman Games. There is something about RTS titles that the moment that just make you want to disregard the lot of them, thay are just all the same. But, this is different. It brings beck the feel of GOOD RTS games, like StarCraft, Warcraft 2, Red Alert etc. There was very little luck involved in those games; it was mainly about who has the most knowledge and who played the game better. Most games like this have been replaced in favor of RPG elements and unneeded “game play enhancement” features.

But Trash is different. It brings back all the good features of a RTS game, sticks it all in 3D and adds rich gameplay with a easy learning curve and yet a feeling of deep gameplay.

Trash” is set in a post apocalyptic land where humans and mutants battle for the world’s last building resource “Trash”. Humans need trash to arm their huts, make their troops etc. Mutants need a resorce called people to make their units etc. but it all revolves around trash.
To upgrade your units instend of making a "library" or something like that, you build one building one 1 site that does 1 upgrade. Theses sites(metal, toxic and gas), are spread around the map and to get more upgrades, you need to find them and keep them. The best thing about these upgrades this that you can share them with your teammates, which means that units can get overpowered to a drastic extreme. for example, flamebikes, a human units, starts off eith a range of 1.5 and a damage of 12. This, IF your teamworks together, in big games could be upgraded to have a range of 30 and a damage of 75!! this leaves your units with a massave destructive capacity. which leaves you feeling just freaking awesome, with your units smashing your way through enemy bases destroying all.

Some orignal features in the game is that all your buildings have to be connected by pipes, to share resorces and power. if you get to greedy and take to much land early on, your suppy lines can get exposed and you can get cut off from your ourpost. Also, all buildings require power, which makes it vital to protect your windmills or power plants, otherwise if they are destryed, you are useless.
Another good orignal feature in the game is that destroyed units drop trash and sometimes a resorce site. which means you are never short of trash. Also, if a attack goes badly, you can end up leaving a resorce site in their base, which make their units more powerful

But i have gone on long enough. This is one of the best RTS games i have ever played, and anyone who like RTS game will like this. So Click here to download the beta while its still running. It will be worth it. I have only touched the surface on how good this game is.

(P.S. this is the first preview i have ever written, feedback would be great.)

Some good links-

Inhumangames
Trash forums
Screenshots
Last edited by Antilogic on Wed, 27. Jul 05, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Wed, 27. Jul 05, 21:35

It makes me feel all dirty! :lol:

Sounds interesting- I'm gonig to take a look.

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Wed, 27. Jul 05, 22:13

Multiplay based though? Not for me sorry. Might take a peak mind.
A new rig is in my hands now if only there was time...

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Wed, 27. Jul 05, 22:14

MGA wrote:Multiplay based though? Not for me sorry. Might take a peak mind.
Yes, but it does have a singleplayer. And campains etc are in the pipeline.

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Wed, 27. Jul 05, 22:15

Oh. I stand corrected.
A new rig is in my hands now if only there was time...

Urashima Keitaro
x2

Post by Urashima Keitaro » Thu, 28. Jul 05, 00:24

Target acquired, target locked.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Thu, 28. Jul 05, 00:58

I'll check this out later. :)
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

|M|
x4

Post by |M| » Thu, 28. Jul 05, 01:34

Ohh this could be fun...who wants a game :D

Urashima Keitaro
x2

Post by Urashima Keitaro » Thu, 28. Jul 05, 17:41

When I have it installed. It'll be a few weeks then.

Return to “Off Topic English”