The new Metallica Album

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NBSG-Fan
x3tc

The new Metallica Album

Post by NBSG-Fan » Sat, 13. Sep 08, 01:47

Hey mates,

what are you saying about the new Metallica Album? I´m not really sure about it now, I like it more than the album before, maybe its even great but I need to hear it 10 times more. Please write your well well thought out reviews and critics here! I wolud like to here them!

Thanks in advance!!
Patience is a virtue in this game. In many ways.

fegnoid
x3

Post by fegnoid » Sat, 13. Sep 08, 14:41

~Heard two songs off it and had to turn it off. Ive never been a fan of them im more a fan of Iron Maiden.

From my experiance people who like maiden dont like mettalica
He got owned by a sink....

Psychoclops
x3tc

Post by Psychoclops » Sat, 13. Sep 08, 15:33

I like Maiden AND Metallica! Although St.Anger was a bucket of [insert expletive here] I'm liking the sound of the new album, much better than St.Anger i reckon.

My fave that i've heard so far has to be Cyanide, really catchy riff on that song! Unforgiven 3 sounds good too.

*psychoclops attempts best impression of Hetfield 'Hell Yeah!' but fails miserably*

Unfortunately i have to wait til my birthday for the album as its been promised to me as a prezzie, otherwise i'd already have it pre-ordered!

rolfness
x3tc

Post by rolfness » Sat, 13. Sep 08, 15:36

Im a long time fan of metallica, Im kind of lukewarm, but best album since
justice. Hetfield's singing and lyrics are awful imo, and worst of all Unforgiven III ? Please give it a break .. is there going to be like another 20 unforgivens ?

Glad to hear Hamnett back on the album again doing some solos..
If the world didnt suck we'd all fly off into space...

Psychoclops
x3tc

Post by Psychoclops » Sat, 13. Sep 08, 16:16

rolfness wrote:Im a long time fan of metallica, Im kind of lukewarm, but best album since
justice. Hetfield's singing and lyrics are awful imo, and worst of all Unforgiven III ? Please give it a break .. is there going to be like another 20 unforgivens ?

Glad to hear Hamnett back on the album again doing some solos..
lol, at least unforgiven 3 is different to the other 2 (no starting horn or the line 'What i've felt, what i've known')

For me its a step in the right direction for Metallica, but i think you're saying this album isn't all that great, and if you are then i agree with you there. But at least theres a couple of songs on this album i can listen to! Unlike their last album....

Krusade
x3tc

Post by Krusade » Sat, 13. Sep 08, 17:26

rolfness wrote:worst of all Unforgiven III ? Please give it a break .. is there going to be like another 20 unforgivens ?
If you think 3 songs of the same name is bad you really wouldn't like King Crimson who have produced 4 songs by the name of Larks Tongues in Aspic and a song called Level 5 that is clearly LTIA5 and is referred to as such by members of the band.

What I've heard of Death Magnetic is a massive step forward from St Anger but I'm still not sure about it I'm going to have to give it a few more listens and let it all sink in properly. I did like Broken, Beat and Scarred though which bordered on progressive metal at times.
Warning: the preceding post almost certainly contains bad grammar and spelling, sarcasm, British humour, general insanity and excessive amounts of Progressive Rock.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sun, 14. Sep 08, 10:42

Sorry but since the and justice album, metallipop has turned into some deranged form of new kids on the block, each album just gets worse and worse, but add to that, i just wont buy thier albums on principal any more, ever since they made a big hoohaa about being one of mercyful fate/king diamonds biggest fans and then went and put him on an half hour set with some unknowns in to top 3 slots, personally i think that should of been taken as a kick in the nuts by king diamond, i know it was by a lot of his fans.
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Sun, 14. Sep 08, 10:59

Their album release party here in Berlin last Friday was very much 'back to the roots' - in other words, totally awesome. 8) Set list. I haven't had a chance to get the album yet, but I've been listening to some of the new songs here.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Tue, 16. Sep 08, 01:57

Their new album is pretty awersome. Just Got back from seeing them at the O2 arena. They played a few songs of it. What can i say Bloody Brilliant. :D :D

Return to “Off Topic English”