Delete Please!

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Deleted User

Delete Please!

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 19:30

CLEANED
Last edited by Deleted User on Sun, 26. Jun 11, 06:24, edited 1 time in total.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 19:33

Ozzy Osbourne can sing :gruebel:

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 19:54

Bloody Prima Donnas! My first (and granted most successful) band had a singer who would only sing the songs he wrote. I know how frustrating it can be not to be allowed to outlet your creativity because it intrudes on someone else's ego.

What you need to say is that you want to try one of your songs and if she won't do it then set up a jam with t he other members of the band and work on it without her. Then perform it to her at some point once it's done and let her see what it is like as a finished product. She will be affronted by the deception at first but if the song is good enough then just maybe she'll concede and add it to your set list.

If this works then she will definitely be more open minded about your work from then on.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 03:38

amtct wrote:Ozzy Osbourne can sing :gruebel:

- among other things.. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXCrEbCOP3c

:lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 05:01

Artisic ego clash . Never heard of that before ( :roll: )

I wounldn't worry about the lead singer wanting to be the bands song writer.
As for the other members ,they can continue to write thier own stuff under thier own personal name seprate from the band and save it or (after the proper copy protection) present it to another band to get it played or get some studio time , or a friend thats set up to lay trac's (which is easy enough for rough work) with some other players .

Good luck .

Blues project "A" Like to hear some

ClearSky

Post by ClearSky » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 06:12

The down side to all this, and I got this from the horse's mouth although I am sure to many of you this will be familiar, is that talent scouts and record producers nearly always want to strip out the lead singer/songwriter and discard the rest of the band in favour of session players who are much cheaper.

I have known people to whom this has happened.

It's a rare band that grows together and stays together.

Icky

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 08:05

That's why Indie music has a place.
The biggest problem for Independent-bands is distribution and getting play over the air. The best place for air-play is Uni radio stations .

That's why you copy right everything :!: :!: :!:

Creating your own record lable is a smart move to protect yourself .

Get a lawer and the get another lawer to ck the first then have mom's go-over paper :wink:

It's said John Fogerties song Old Man Down the Road is his protest song about the big lable music industry. I'm not convinced . Could have been more pointed if it is, but maybe he wanted to make sure he didn't get his arse sued off by one of the biigest produces in the 60's . Whos name escapes me at the moment.
That's the rumor anyway .

Being a musician with a business major is a good thing . If the big boys come a-knocking at your door . :D

Good read
http://www.johnfogerty.com/news_d.aspx?nid=2297

UGH ... Me like the blues . Have not fond a style me not like of blues . :D

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 08:25

Songs are much better when the whole band has a hand in writing. Philip_hughes and I have both written songs for our band; phil more than I, and he's actually the drummer. We have found that if we work collaboratively, the process produces something awesome. It's often different to what you intended (e.g. my calypso song that became a hard rock piece!!! :) ) but it's almost always brilliant.
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 11:55

I'm sure Ray Charles wrote his own songs .Also I'm sure only 2 or 3 people here know who was Ray Charles* :lol:

*no offence kids :P

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 12:03

Owning a set of pipes is not the be all and end all. Songs are after all usually 3 or 4 chords bunged together with some melody thrown over the top. Truth be told its not hard to do. Audiences will be able to decide whether your material is good or not. Lead singers are generally hard to manage. Listen to him, he may have a point, but don't stop writing. Maybe one day you will be in another band and will be able to introduce your stuff there.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 12:14

amtct wrote:I'm sure Ray Charles wrote his own songs .Also I'm sure only 2 or 3 people here know who was Ray Charles* :lol:
*no offence kids :P
Ray Charles wrote very few of the songs he sang, arrangements and orchestration were also handled by others.

@ashkrowe
If the lyrics are rubbish or poor, just remember he's the one that has to sing them with conviction. :)

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 12:16

You should tell him fine, but in that case you will have no say what so ever in any of the structure/arrangement of the rest of the music . . . . if everyone wrote only their own "bit" the result would be an unholy cacophony.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Witchking
x2

Post by Witchking » Wed, 8. Jun 11, 15:03

Usenko wrote:Songs are much better when the whole band has a hand in writing. Philip_hughes and I have both written songs for our band; phil more than I, and he's actually the drummer. We have found that if we work collaboratively, the process produces something awesome. It's often different to what you intended (e.g. my calypso song that became a hard rock piece!!! :) ) but it's almost always brilliant.
Couldn't agree more. The buzz from a band of musicians working on something together is amazing and the fact that the entire band has a degree of ownership in the song means that the live performance is almost always better. If the singer is determined to be the only songwriter and enought of the rest of the band feel like you then perhaps it's time to part ways.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 02:39

CLEANED
Last edited by Deleted User on Sun, 26. Jun 11, 06:25, edited 1 time in total.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 03:06

One day you'll meet someone as tragic as yourself and fall in love... I just hope it's not a mirror... :wink: (humour btw not picking at you)

Good luck with the demo...

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Thu, 23. Jun 11, 08:07

Live made it and their lyrics were terrible! Good luck.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 25. Jun 11, 01:29

CLEANED
Last edited by Deleted User on Sun, 26. Jun 11, 06:25, edited 1 time in total.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 25. Jun 11, 06:44

ashkrowe wrote:I hope some record exec comes along and says "hey, we want to make you famous but we want to change everything about the band" because then I'd get to see who is real and who is fake.
Why would a record exec do that? If they want a band that's completely different to yours, they'll just go and find one--I'm sure there are plenty of talented bands out there they could pick from!

ClearSky

Post by ClearSky » Sun, 26. Jun 11, 12:53

Still mystified.

What is the big secret? A thread goes through a weird transformation and nobody seems to be that bothered by it?

No details, just the general gist pleas. Put me out my misery!

Icky

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sun, 26. Jun 11, 13:00

ashkrowe asked earlier today to delete his(her) account. Going by the 'guest' tag at the posts, probably someone did do that on his(her) behalf. Apparently he(she) also wiped his(her) old posts. Reason for that is unknown.
Last edited by X2-Eliah on Sun, 26. Jun 11, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic English”