Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 16:44

And, I think it's time some people just took a breather. Go outside. See the sun and stuff. Maybe get a nice sandwich somewhere. Or, maybe better, a slice of pie and a nice cup of coffee! Everyone loves pie, right?

Pie is good for you. Pie is wonderful. Pie is life...

(Srsly, guys, this sort of interpersonal combat isn't ... right.)

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 17:01

Morkonan wrote:....
Pie is good for you. Pie is wonderful. Pie is life...
:lol:
Whilst I very much agree with the sentiment of your post, I cannot agree with this for everyone. Diabetics need to be very, very careful with shop or cafe bought pies. For diabetics pies are evil! Are you a pie pusher Mork? Are you trying to kill off diabetics? What sort of strange fascism is this? :roll: :wink:

Simple question for everyone else: can you change even one tiny thing about the Trump decisions/administration

No of course not. Therefore relax, sit back and watch the show! Consider your poor blood pressure! :D
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 17:37

greypanther wrote:Simple question for everyone else: can you change even one tiny thing about the Trump decisions/administration? No of course not. Therefore relax, sit back and watch the show! Consider your poor blood pressure! :D
That's ^^ the most sane approach. At the end of the day, my life goes on regardless of what Trump or any other abstract person does or says. I say abstract, because in my day-to-day world, Trump only exists in cyberspace and media - none of which affects my actual reality.

Sure, what Trump does, may affect me in some way, but the ebb and flow of politics becomes history soon enough and change is the one constant we all must learn to live with - Trump or no Trump.

One thing I've noticed, is there is never shortage of bones-of-contention. If Trump disappeared, the resulting vacuum would immediately be filled by some other outrage and that will eventually be replaced by an opposite energy as the pendulum swings through time.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 17:50

Hey there,

I am back :)

Is Trump still some sort of a president?

Skism wrote: So everyone who disagrees with you is a Racist, Fascist, sexist misogynistic , transphobic or whatever ist has been made up recently to silence people.
Dont know the context; but it is oh so common ... what's the word... "defense". Obviously it's the people who are racist are racists, fascists - fascists, etc.

It's that simple, but if not clear, I am glad I've clarified it.

Skism wrote: I'm sorry bu this is why I think the left are Crazy - its infecting the world not just this forum
Crazy doesnt just infect one movement, it's specifically hit hard what we call in US - "right". Left's craziness is pretty tame - last one I've heard was something about getting people health insurance - crazy, I know.
You can study the 'crazy' more pronounced among the so-called "alt right". Commonly known as "alt crazy"

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 18:13

Masterbagger wrote:You are attributing far more voting power to a bunch of nutjobs than they actually have.
I'm guessing that close to 100% of White Supremacists who participated in the election voted for Trump - not Hillary or Sanders. Estimates vary between 10-20% of Republicans who favor KKK and other Nazi philosophy.

Even at ten percent, this is not an insignificant population. I have to wonder why any decent person would consider voting Republican when so many of them are 'nutjobs' (in your own words)? Are these people looking around for the worst reflection of humanity and saying "yep, that's for me"?
Last edited by Observe on Sun, 3. Dec 17, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 18:22

Morkonan wrote:[...] See the sun[...]
Mate I live in central Europe. I haven't seen the sun for weeks.
Skism wrote:[...] the left [...]
I have wondered for a long time now, who do you think of when you say "the left"? Generally I know that I may be among the more left leaning people using this forum, I have been called an extremist twice now, which I guess I will wear as a batch of honor. But who do you think of when you say THE LEFT? Everyone left of you? Because I assume that makes up somewhere between 70%-90% of the population.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 18:56

Skism wrote:..
So...You have accused me of being a "Nazi Leaner" as well as a "White supremacist" Supporting Nazi philosophy - as well as being just blind.

But you forget the political compass has changed over the years,

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 19:59

Skism wrote:So...You have accused me of being a "Nazi Leaner" as well as a "White supremacist" Supporting Nazi philosophy - as well as being just blind.

I have already pmed you about your posts towards me earlier in this thread.
Let's set the record straight Skism. I am not accusing you of being anything. Your words stand on their own merits. Why would you deny that which you yourself so loudly and repeatedly proclaim? It's true that I wonder what you may be capable of and if I express objection, it is because I have wondered this for quite a while and I have genuine concern.

Regarding your PM. I didn't read it. Should I have? I deleted it without opening.

I'm not interested in personal attacks, but I don't consider it prudent to remain entirely silent when I see something that raises a flag representing potential for violence. I sincerely hope you don't fit into that category.
Last edited by Observe on Sun, 3. Dec 17, 21:10, edited 2 times in total.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 20:10

@Observe

hey, you an alright guy.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 20:58

Skism wrote: So everyone who disagrees with you is a Racist, Fascist, sexist misogynistic , transphobic or whatever ist has been made up recently to silence people.
Erm, welcome to the internet? :D

It is a pet peeve attitude, the "if you don't agree with my opinion you must be the extreme opposite". It is often used to try and shut down opinions too.

Hence why I find such threads entertaining :D Nothing changes, yet people invest so much effort in it for some reason...

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 23:13

Avis wrote:
Skism wrote:..
So...You have accused me of being a "Nazi Leaner" as well as a "White supremacist" Supporting Nazi philosophy - as well as being just blind.

But you forget the political compass has changed over the years,
Thank you Avis i needed that :thumb_up:
Chips wrote:
Erm, welcome to the internet? :D

It is a pet peeve attitude, the "if you don't agree with my opinion you must be the extreme opposite". It is often used to try and shut down opinions too.

Hence why I find such threads entertaining :D Nothing changes, yet people invest so much effort in it for some reason...
yeah I can see why you don't bother I mean good grief....

According to some I'm a Neo Nazi KKK supporting, white supremacist, who has dark powers and scares people, :lol:

Maybe I should get my Palpatine avatar back I would save a great deal of time

:lol:

Oh you gotta laugh at this you really have. :wink:
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 3. Dec 17, 23:21

Back on topic.

It sounds like,

Baby Trump is starting to feel the pressure, he went on a twitter rampage today, attacking Hilary, she's to blame why aren't they investigating her. The FBI are to blame they are crooked and he is going to fix that.
Tainted (no, very dishonest?) FBI “agent’s role in Clinton probe under review.” Led Clinton Email probe. @foxandfriends Clinton money going to wife of another FBI agent in charge.
After years of Comey, with the phony and dishonest Clinton investigation (and more), running the FBI, its reputation is in Tatters - worst in History! But fear not, we will bring it back to greatness.
I never asked Comey to stop investigating Flynn. Just more Fake News covering another Comey lie!
So it's Clinton, the FBI and one of it's agents that are too blame for all that has transpired. I mean Comey he even admitted that was why he stopped the investigation, no one forced him to say those words, he did it all on his own. He also admitted that Comey was telling the truth, when he admitted that he bluffed he had a recording of their conversations, to make Comey tell the truth. The man has told lies all of his life and got away with it and now his lies are catching up with him and he just can't seem to learn from them. Maybe it's true you just can't teach an old dog new tricks especially if it's called Trump.

Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 00:43

Skism wrote:Its almost as though the whole world slid sideways in 2014 and everything went mad.

Its almost as though they have lost their connection to Truth.
:lol: The irony... Oh, the irony...

Some of the stuff *you've* been peddling has been more than a little on the far side of Lalaland. If the "left has gone crazy", it's only because that's home turf for the right, and engaging them meant meeting them there. The Great Orange Leader: His war on truth is his one great success.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 00:46

I did think about grabbing quotes etc but frankly I can't be bothered. Leave aside everything else I disagree with Skism about and one thing remains that sticks in my throat.

On the one hand you (Skism) are an ardent supporter of free speech.

On the other you (Skism) love to run for the cover of Forum Rule #1.

Either learn how to debate a point, or failing that, at least give up gracefully and stop being such a hypocrite.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 02:02

RegisterMe wrote:I did think about grabbing quotes etc but frankly I can't be bothered. Leave aside everything else I disagree with Skism about and one thing remains that sticks in my throat.

On the one hand you (Skism) are an ardent supporter of free speech.

On the other you (Skism) love to run for the cover of Forum Rule #1.

Either learn how to debate a point, or failing that, at least give up gracefully and stop being such a hypocrite.
Ah see heres the thing

I don't see why should tolerate lying and slander.

Oh and I have not taken away anyones free speech - I simply have pointed out when people have really CROSSED the line

Believe me if I did not believe in Free speech I would already have reported several of you in this thread.

Compared to others (your allies I note) who have tired to have me banned.

I I was to count the rule one violations towards me we would be here a while I suspect...

Oh and I could pull out quotes too, and some would really shocking. (but you will not see so why bother?)

But heaven help me I have tried to be honest but you people could test the patience of a saint.

Oh and btw I don't see any argument from you or Observe in particular. (beyond insults that is)

I have been debating several points - or was until was accused of white supremacy and Nazi support among other things.

As I see it I have been arguing - I will not give up on command from you not ever.

But I have to stop and defend myself from the likes of you

You accuse me of Hypocrisy and demonstrate it yourself.

I have even had ideas on how to contribute to this thread - difficult to do that when you are being insulted nearly every post. Does not contribute to or make an environment conducive to discussion.
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 04:33

Observe wrote:
Masterbagger wrote:You are attributing far more voting power to a bunch of nutjobs than they actually have.
I'm guessing that close to 100% of White Supremacists who participated in the election voted for Trump - not Hillary or Sanders. Estimates vary between 10-20% of Republicans who favor KKK and other Nazi philosophy.

Even at ten percent, this is not an insignificant population. I have to wonder why any decent person would consider voting Republican when so many of them are 'nutjobs' (in your own words)? Are these people looking around for the worst reflection of humanity and saying "yep, that's for me"?
Using groups that have memberships in the thousands to attack over 60 million republican voters by association is ridiculous. It's not an argument. It's just a way to call the other side nazis. Even if you wanted that to be the standard the democrats are also supported by extremist groups. The only difference is republicans aren't acting out of sheer helpless desperation to attack democrat supporters by any means possible after a crushing defeat they can't get over. Calling republican voters nazis isn't because of their politics. It's for the feelings of the person doing it.
Who made that man a gunner?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 11:55

This thread seems to be drifting. It's become more and more about personal matters and less and less about the original topic. If this continues then it will be closed, and there will be repercussions for those responsible. Note also that claiming to be a victim of personal attacks when you have been dishing them out yourself will not be considered a valid defence in the above circumstances, as the forum rules are quite clear on this matter.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 12:03

Skism wrote:anyway I see zero evidence for Trump being a "patsy" I DO see a whole load of conjecture and accusation but it looks like smoke and mirrors to me I mean how can he collude with Russian efforts if he does not know about them? makes no sense. Oh sure Russia may have preferred Trump to Hilary and may even have aided efforts - but you can't charge Trump for the fact the Russians like him more than the crazy Hillary, on the basis of some joke Trump made.
Wait, you don't understand how someone could be manipulated without being aware of the end game of the manipulator?! Good lord, someones an easy mark. :roll:

Anyway in regard to the outcome of the probe we shall see won't we. I stand by the broad thrust of my predictions, most especially the one about him being out by this time next year. Personally I tend trust those that have spent their entire professional lives studying and applying US law than I do either you or me, which is why most of what I'm saying is merely parroting what I'm hearing such people say. But then I'm well aware that you Brexit voting lot have "had enough of experts". :roll:
I voted against it - as did many UKIP voters I know I don't believe in up-heaving an entire voting system for political gain - also see Germany right now for what it looks like when PR goes wrong.
Well there you go, arguments with the right in a nutshell.
You can't have it both ways, FPTP is either a bad voting system that disenfranchises large numbers of voters leading to unrepresentative government, or its a sensible system that ensures any significant deviations from mainstream opinion are suppressed. It doesn't only become something worth COMPLAINING ABOUT IN ALL CAPS!! when its the party you happened to vote that is disadvantaged by it.

As for all the distractions around BLM, I'll take your point about a WLM movement being equivalent when the numbers of black and white people in prison, in poverty and killed by police in the US also reach parity.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 12:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xay2qe5YiY

- the quickest way to make the US economy become more competitive with the Chinese, Russian, etc. economies, is to reduce wages in the US..
- the GOP tax bill begins this process, by shifting the burden to the workforce

- of course the average Joe will pay less tax - he'll be earning less in real terms as the economy inflates..
- it will be some time before the realization dawns, but it's inevitable..

- it's both crude and cruel..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Mon, 4. Dec 17, 12:30

BugMeister wrote: - of course the average Joe will pay less tax - he'll be earning less in real
terms as the economy inflates..
- it will be some time before the realization dawns, but it's inevitable..

- it's both crude and cruel.
Most of them won't even pay less tax.
And you don't have to be a Nazi or a Trot to be upset by it. :roll:

This tax bill is going to hit squarely in the nads the exact demographic that supposedly voted for Trump in droves, those struggling hard workers of the lower middle class. Or maybe they're all super psyched about the tax write off they just got on all their private jets. :roll:
Reflected through the highly subjective eye of social media it would seem that this demographic is still firmly in the Trump camp proudly wearing red hats and chanting MAGA! at every opportunity. I don't believe it, I have more faith in people to realise when they are being betrayed. I imagine / hope that many Trump voters are absolutely livid.

Tickle down economics of this type has been tried before in the US and every time has eventually resulted in financial collapse as the rich write checks for themselves that the masses can't cash.
I prefer the old fashioned name for this brand of economic thought because its much more honest: Horse and Sparrow economics - 'If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows.'
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Return to “Off Topic English”