Russia-Ukraine War

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JSDD
x3tc

Re: Russia-Ukraine War

Post by JSDD » Mon, 24. Oct 22, 19:33

clakclak wrote:
Sun, 23. Oct 22, 22:59
Russia Today wrote:Just drown those children, drown them [...] Shove them right into those huts and burn them up.
Russia apparently is no longer trying to hide anything. This comment was made by [edit: "RT Director of Broadcasting"(?) I can not confirm this is his position, let us go with presenter instead] Anton Krasovsky.
fiksal wrote:
Sun, 23. Oct 22, 23:43
JSDD wrote:
Sun, 23. Oct 22, 21:00
it's hard to explain empathy and justice to those who have no need of it

it's easier to let murderers go free
... to tell the whole truth, that guy who publicly talks about drowning ukrainian children and so on ... is a man of the past: he's been fired

=> that tells you that even in russia, there are limits on how far you can go whith this hatred

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/10/ ... ren-a79172
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 24. Oct 22, 19:37

JSDD wrote:
Mon, 24. Oct 22, 19:33
=> that tells you that even in russia, there are limits on how far you can go whith this hatred
Fake punishment is fake.

You are right on the part "even in russia".

Also in the same link
In a since-deleted post, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova denounced what she called a “targeted information attack” against Krasovsky, calling the RT host a “fantastically talented” commentator of “obvious and truthful” information.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

RMX052

Post by RMX052 » Mon, 24. Oct 22, 20:04

clakclak wrote:
Russia Today wrote:Just drown those children, drown them [...] Shove them right into those huts and burn them up.
Russia apparently is no longer trying to hide anything. This comment was made by [edit: "RT Director of Broadcasting"(?) I can not confirm this is his position, let us go with presenter instead] Anton Krasovsky.

Here is the video of him saying it: https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/stat ... 8145685504

Here is a corresponding Reuters article: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/uk ... 022-10-23/

I honestly did not expect them to be so open about their desire for war crimes but here we are.
So you gonna just dropped the fact that Ukranians once said that children of DPR republic will "sit their entire life in basement" because Ukraine will just bomb them, you completely missed one stupid Ukrainian idiot who said publicly that everyone "should chase and kill every russian that live in EU and USA and behead their kids" ? You will miss that Zelensky literally asks every day to just casually drop nuclear bomb on Russia? You will just "forgot" about since 2014 Ukraine n*zi killed more than 15000 civilians that was no combat troops or military people, just kids, women and elders? You know, i will be on Russia side and watch EU freeze this winter for supporting Ukraine like a sheep's they are, you deserve it tbh.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Mon, 24. Oct 22, 20:46

RMX052 wrote:
Mon, 24. Oct 22, 20:04
clakclak wrote:

I honestly did not expect them to be so open about their desire for war crimes but here we are.
... You will just "forgot" about since 2014 Ukraine n*zi killed more than 15000 civilians that was no combat troops or military people, just kids, women and elders? ...
dont forget, that ukrainians mined the houses of russian-speaking people (civilians) in donbass (severodonetsk and so on) while retreating form the big brown bear ^^
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Mon, 24. Oct 22, 21:53

RMX052 wrote:

So you gonna just dropped the fact that Ukranians once said that children of DPR republic will "sit their entire life in basement" because Ukraine will just bomb them, you completely missed one stupid Ukrainian idiot who said publicly that everyone "should chase and kill every russian that live in EU and USA and behead their kids" ? You will miss that Zelensky literally asks every day to just casually drop nuclear bomb on Russia? You will just "forgot" about since 2014 Ukraine n*zi killed more than 15000 civilians that was no combat troops or military people, just kids, women and elders?
How about you source your claims instead of spreading lies? Specially the one where Volodymyr Zelenskyy casually asks every day for nuclear to be dropped on Russia.

Btw we get Russian TV here too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4eJvwtQJu4

Can you show me such "entertainment" being showcased anywhere in the civilized world (not talking about West or USA but all of the world)?
RMX052 wrote:
You know, i will be on Russia side and watch EU freeze this winter for supporting Ukraine like a sheep's they are, you deserve it tbh.
I think EU will survive just fine. I will also advise you joining Russian forces since obviously you are on Putin's side. And you know - I have 4 russians in company I work for - why did they come to Norway instead of going back to Russia to join the war in Ukraine? Or to avoid the cold and freezing?

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Mon, 24. Oct 22, 22:39

Warenwolf wrote:
Mon, 24. Oct 22, 21:53
I have 4 russians in company I work for - why did they come to Norway instead of going back to Russia ...
for the same reason people in germany | austria | france | italy go to switzerland working ...

:mrgreen: higher wages !! :mrgreen:

you think the're bugged by (russian) politics ?! :roll: dont be naive :P

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Mon, 24. Oct 22, 22:59

JSDD wrote:
Mon, 24. Oct 22, 22:39
Warenwolf wrote:
Mon, 24. Oct 22, 21:53
I have 4 russians in company I work for - why did they come to Norway instead of going back to Russia ...
for the same reason people in germany | austria | france | italy go to switzerland working ...

:mrgreen: higher wages !! :mrgreen:

you think the're bugged by (russian) politics ?! :roll: dont be naive :P
You are confidently expressing opinion about motives of people you have not met working for a man you don't know nothing about...

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 00:00

RMX052 wrote:
So you gonna just dropped the fact that Ukranians once said that children of DPR republic will "sit their entire life in basement" because Ukraine will just bomb them, you completely missed one stupid Ukrainian idiot who said publicly that everyone "should chase and kill every russian that live in EU and USA and behead their kids" ? You will miss that Zelensky literally asks every day to just casually drop nuclear bomb on Russia? You will just "forgot" about since 2014 Ukraine n*zi killed more than 15000 civilians that was no combat troops or military people, just kids, women and elders? You know, i will be on Russia side and watch EU freeze this winter for supporting Ukraine like a sheep's they are, you deserve it tbh.
*YAWN*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualtie ... agreements.

Making things up doesn't make them true.

I mean, I could type out "Putin had sex with a dead donkey" and "Leader of Wagner group has SS tattoos"

Oh wait, that last one is actually true. Lulz.

So happy that rather than directing your anger at the war mongering Putin/Russia, you want civilians in Europe to suffer instead. Speaks volumes :roll:

Right now there are tens of thousands of dead since Feb 2022 and countless ruined/obliterated cities, towns and villages across Ukraine. Not because of Zelensky... but instead its all about Zelensky (wait, he wasn't in power until 2019? How is he to blame for 2014-2019?)

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 01:20

RMX052 wrote:
Looks to me you are looking for these sources, Komrade : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_crime ... of_Ukraine

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 01:24

You do realize that RMX052 is probably a bot, I mean, why would they come here just to make a post about Putin's war.

As for those casualty numbers, take them with a pinch of salt, as either side overestimates or underestimates their counts to suit their agenda. Russia is a prime example, as their numbers of confirmed Russian deaths are lower than the amount of names of the dead they have released, you can't have it both ways. The civilians deaths are probably nearer the correct count, as a lot of them can be confirmed by outsiders like the UN. Besides, we have all seen the new grave sites, so we know the numbers are way higher than is being reported by either side.

It's interesting that RT sacked that guy for his comments on killing kids, but yet they still fail to mention or report on the kids that their military kill nearly on a daily basis, which is just as bad as what the other guy said (don't know his name, and he is not worth looking it up.)
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 02:01

Meanwhile, U.S. politicians are growing wary of the money pipeline to Ukraine.
More than two dozen liberal House members are calling on President Joe Biden to shift course in his Ukraine strategy and pursue direct diplomacy with Russia to bring the months-long conflict to an end.
That's from the liberal side. The Republicans have already announced that they will put a stop to the hemorrhaging of U.S. resources if they become the majority in the House come November.

I'm guessing that without continued and even increased foreign military aid, Ukraine cannot maintain the level activity that they have mustered thus far.

I believe that Ukraine will soon be forced to consider a diplomatic solution. Yes, that probably means giving up Ukraine territory to Russia. The alternative is, to continuing waging a war in the futile attempt to regain lost ground, at the expense of ever more suffering.

It's a tough call, but one that will need to be made sooner or later.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 02:20

felter wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 01:24
You do realize that RMX052 is probably a bot, I mean, why would they come here just to make a post about Putin's war.

It's interesting that RT sacked that guy for his comments on killing kids, but yet they still fail to mention or report on the kids that their military kill nearly on a daily basis, which is just as bad as what the other guy said (don't know his name, and he is not worth looking it up.)
Or definitely on my "ignore" list. Such a handy forum feature.

Russian bots don't work, they are just unpaid Putin supporters.

Now RT is as weaponized propaganda, it's as 1TV just aimed outward. They are leading fascism examples.

Observe wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 02:01
More than two dozen liberal House members are calling on President Joe Biden to shift course in his Ukraine strategy and pursue direct diplomacy with Russia to bring the months-long conflict to an end.
That's from the liberal side. The Republicans have already announced that they will put a stop to the hemorrhaging of U.S. resources if they become the majority in the House come November.

I'm guessing that without continued and even increased foreign military aid, Ukraine cannot maintain the level activity that they have mustered thus far.

I believe that Ukraine will soon be forced to consider a diplomatic solution. Yes, that probably means giving up Ukraine territory to Russia. The alternative is, to continuing waging a war in the futile attempt to regain lost ground, at the expense of ever more suffering.

It's a tough call, but one that will need to be made sooner or later.
Interesting.

Surrender is what Russia seeks, so I am curious how one negotiates that diplomatically? Putin can wait for as long as he isn't overthrown

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 02:56

fiksal wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 02:20
Surrender is what Russia seeks, so I am curious how one negotiates that diplomatically? Putin can wait for as long as he isn't overthrown
I guess negotiations would involve drawing lines on a map, followed by signing documents to that effect and then begrudgingly (Ukraine) going along with it - hopefully long-term.

Yes, Putin can wait for as long as he isn't overthrown, but with imminent reduction of foreign aid, I doubt Ukraine can wait that long. Besides, even if Putin vanished from the scene, how much of a guarantee is there, that one of his longtime henchmen won't rise to power and carry on the job?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 03:56

Observe wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 02:56
fiksal wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 02:20
I guess negotiations would involve drawing lines on a map, followed by signing documents to that effect and then begrudgingly (Ukraine) going along with it - hopefully long-term.

Yes, Putin can wait for as long as he isn't overthrown, but with imminent reduction of foreign aid, I doubt Ukraine can wait that long. Besides, even if Putin vanished from the scene, how much of a guarantee is there, that one of his longtime henchmen won't rise to power and carry on the job?
Let's assume all aid has stopped. Russia will then declare victory and wait for Ukraine to surrender. Putin will have nothing to lose at all by waiting for Ukraine to starve.

Surrender will be that negotiation. Followed by all the promised repressions.

It's naive from those lawmakers to expect anything else. It's like they didn't read any "news" coming from Russia, or about the war.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 07:58

Observe wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 02:01
Yeah, because politicians will fullfill all their election slogans all the time :D
Those kind of promises are first to be forget or hidden - the 50 b $ of US worth of help to Ukraine can easily be hidden in Pentagon black budgeting and it's a drop in the bucket of overall US budget where they already opeated on TRILLION figures.

Both Democrats and Republicans are now aware that showdown with China is incoming, so they need to wrap up things with Russia now.
Having some rotten peace now, that will blow up again in a few years will not solve anything for US.
Especially that it's highly doubtful Russia will be so incompetent again, so the next strike would pose a real danger to erase Ukraine from existence. Creating bigger distraction for US/NATO, when there will be a need to focus on Pacific.
Last edited by mr.WHO on Tue, 25. Oct 22, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 09:25

I think you are underestimating that influence of what was once fringe elements in GOP and DEM are now part of mainstream + injecting bit of wishful thinking on your part.

While most Americans support efforts to oppose Kremlin imperialist ambitions in Russia (1) if we take a look at GOP, the trump hardcore supporters (2) are enchanted by authoritarian leaders in general and Putin in particular. Their chief talking head Tucker Carlson has most viewed show in his time slot and he is so much pro-Putin that Kremlin's propaganda regularly shows clips from his show on TV (3).
You can't just assume that cumulative effect of all these people + their brethren among isolationist in dem party will have NO effect out of hand.

sources
(1)
https://globalaffairs.org/research/publ ... cil-survey
(2)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ssia-tweet
(3)
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/ ... ther-jones

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 13:04

Aparently Helsinki Seismic institute picked 4 more explosions in Baltic sea today (Edit: correction, not today, but on last thursday), in Russian economic zone, around area where Nord Stream pipies are.

This is now beating the dead horse.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 14:02

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 07:58

Both Democrats and Republicans are now aware that showdown with China is incoming, so they need to wrap up things with Russia now.
Having some rotten peace now, that will blow up again in a few years will not solve anything for US.
Especially that it's highly doubtful Russia will be so incompetent again, so the next strike would pose a real danger to erase Ukraine from existence. Creating bigger distraction for US/NATO, when there will be a need to focus on Pacific.
yep, giving Ukraine to Putin will make the problem only worse.

Putin already mentioned the terms long ago, any negotiations now will be correctly interpreted by Kremlin as a sign of weakness and admit of defeat.

The military build up will continue, and fascism will become only more cemented in. To be tested later on a next country to be purged

EDIT: misspelled interpreted
Last edited by fiksal on Tue, 25. Oct 22, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 14:30

fiksal wrote:
Tue, 25. Oct 22, 14:02
Putin already mentioned the terms long ago, any negotiations now will be correctly interrupted by Kremlin as a sign of weakness and admit of defeat.

The military build up will continue, and fascism will become only more cemented in. To be tested later on a next country to be purged
Yep, they already openly presented their checklist in last few months:
- Transnistria
- Moldova
- Kazahstan
- Georgia
- all 3 Baltic States
- they even mention that Germany needs to be "denazified" again.
- oh and the most bonkers absurd one, they want Alaska back XD

Every USD, EUR and PLN pumped now to Ukraine will save us from 100x or 1000x more cost/dammages in future.
Lil' Adolf won't stop on his own.

Edit:
Now that I think about it - imagine now Russia get's what it wants and sell it as victory to Russian population.
I wouldn't be suprised, if all those brave russians who ran away from mobilization would pull their "Z" armband and do a trick or treat, especially in Georgia and Kazahstan.
There is a reason why Baltic states closed their borders to fleeing Russians.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 25. Oct 22, 15:19

The poster from the previous page has been removed from the forum. To repeat: this forum will NOT be used as a platform for propaganda, misinformation and conspiracy theories.

Return to “Off Topic English”