Trump - Criminal Prosecution

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Re: Trump - Criminal Procecution

Post by Golden_Gonads » Wed, 21. Jun 23, 07:36

Gavrushka wrote:
Wed, 21. Jun 23, 06:40
I've the notion now that somehow, someday, someone soon is gonna get through to him that this is what he should expect, and I reckon he will be a flight risk then. As to where he would go, well, I reckon Putin would take him and then let him spout his anti-Democrat crap to destabilise the US further.
He's nigh constantly attended by law enforcement - The Secret Service, so he isn't exactly going to get away with fleeing the country if ordered to remain.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 21. Jun 23, 11:36

I wonder if his two remaining lawyers will remain at his side after that interview that he did? I'm sure they would have been shaking in terror seeing their client pretty much admitted obstruction. I think Trump will have no lawyers left before the trial starts, unless he gets a public defender, and I pity the poor sod who gets the short stray in that assignment.

Trump from sources I read, thought he did a great job in that interview, but all it has done, is give the DOJ more ammo to use against him. So much for a stable genius.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 21. Jun 23, 15:13

Just so it doesn't get missed, there's another federal indictment incoming concerning activities for the 2020 election and jan 6 insurrection. In addition to the obvious incitement, they're also looking into wire fraud and money laundering due to his fund raising off the lies he told.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 22. Jun 23, 08:32

Jack smith has indicated that they have recovered more recordings with Trump, multiple interviews, took with Trump's consent. But what these audio interviews contain, or what Trump is taking about, or if they will be used against him at trial is unclear. But if this is true, this could very well damage Trump's already weak and none existent defence no end.

What is more, the DOJ has turned of all his discovery material over to Trump's legal team. That includes witnesses and questions that the prosecution will ask. I bet his lawyers will have a very bad day seeing all that evidence. Now we just need to see if Trump can keep his mouth shut?

All in all, it looks like Jack Smith has Trump by the balls!!!
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 24. Jun 23, 19:35

Mr Smith has asked the judge to put the trial back to December rather than August, so he took the first bite at delaying the trial. He has also supplied the judge with a list of prosecution witnesses against Trump which he asked the Judge to protect their names and put a gagging order on trump telling him that he cannot name them publicly, by the way the list has 84 names on it, and he also said that was not all of them he has more that he will add on to the list. So, 84 people are going to present testimony and evidence that Trump committed the alleged crimes, that's quite a lot. It's also being said there is still a way out for Trump that will remove jail time but all he has to do is take responsibility for his crimes and plead guilty, with 84 people testifying against him that would be the best thing for him to do, but it's Trump a literal idiot, so he will not do it.

Also, the Jan 6 investigation is getting tasty as there are rumours that Mr Smith has been doing deals with certain witnesses offering them limited immunity for information in that case, and it turns out they could be queuing up to just do that. So that is starting to look bad for Trump and others too. Maybe Trump should jump ship and flee to Russia, even there would be a safer place for him than the America is going to be, pretty soon
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 24. Jun 23, 20:20

I was hoping the trial would start sooner rather then later. And also a bit surprised that it was Smith who asked for the date to be pushed back. Now we have to wait until Trump complains and asks for even more time.

As for the witnesses, that is certainly a lot. I bet Trump will not be happy when he knows the names of the people who have ratted on him.

As for J6, I really hope Smith drops the hammer real soon. So that will certainly hurt Trump as well

In other news, related, but not directly related. A few of the GOP, including McCarthy, who is backing the idea to expunge the two impeachments from Trump's record. I mean seriously? they want to rewrite history and pretend none of that happened? Even then, the national archives will still have those records, the media will still have those records. And so will the public. But anyway, the GOP are showing their colours.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 25. Jun 23, 15:08

Seems Trump is feeling the squeeze these days, as he now trying to move money away from his campaign expenses to pay his legal fees.
A slight change in the small print in Donald Trump's online disclosures reveals an increase in the money contributors have been donating to help him win the Republican Party's 2024 presidential nomination is being shifted to help to pay his legal bills.

According to a report from the New York Times, the diversion of funds raises questions about the cash crunch the former president is facing with multiple indictments at the state and federal level with more expected to come.

As the Times' Maggie Haberman and Shane Goldmacher wrote, the "diversion" of campaign cash to his Save America PAC -- which is helping to pay his legal bills among other expenses -- was done with little fanfare.

The report states, "When Mr. Trump kicked off his 2024 campaign in November, for every dollar raised online, 99 cents went to his campaign, and a penny went to Save America," before adding, "But internet archival records show that sometime in February or March, he adjusted that split. Now his campaign’s share has been reduced to 90 percent of donations, and 10 percent goes to Save America."

According to the report, that has meant that approximately $1.5 million was skimmed off to help with his legal woes that could have been used to boost his election prospects.
You really would think this is illegal? I know there is a special monitor overseeing his business accounts. But the above means, he probably diverting money to another private account?

But just shows he really struggling to pay his legal fees if he getting money from his gullible supporters. Then again, if his campaign funds are shrinking, maybe that is a good thing. But the problem are still those that are donating.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 25. Jun 23, 21:20

You know, I don't think Darth Hamburder is broke. I think what's going on is a bit worse than that.

We all know he has a history of not paying for things he doesn't want to. But prior to his foray into the political landscape, the only thing he could do was keep things wrapped up in litigation to avoid his bills. Now he has access to the GOP's voter population so he's duping them into paying for all the things he refuses to cough up for himself.

TBH I'm kinda torn on this one. On the one hand, I love it because it shows just how stupid and gullible republican voters are. Otoh, since his campaign isn't a defendant in these cases, I surely do hope this ends up being illegal and he's indicted and convicted for wire fraud.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 26. Jun 23, 09:53

You would have thought this would have been illegal? So maybe when more indictments come, then yes, hope wire fraud will be one of them. He really needs to be stripped from this cash flow. Then again, if he draining these coffers, he not going to have as much for his campaign. And that will hurt him as well.

I wonder when Jack Smith hit him some more? There is still Georgia, now that the docs case has moved, that will still go ahead as planned. So he going to have to dig a bit deeper then.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 26. Jun 23, 10:26

Oh the federal docs case isn't the only one. There's still a case in DC against him for jan 6 related things, including wire fraud investigations. The best has yet to come.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 26. Jun 23, 12:25

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 26. Jun 23, 10:26
Oh the federal docs case isn't the only one. There's still a case in DC against him for jan 6 related things, including wire fraud investigations. The best has yet to come.
That is what I meant, I wonder when Jack Smith will hit him with J6 indictments? not really heard much about that. Then the question is, when will that go to trial? So yes, more is coming.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 26. Jun 23, 14:48

What is also troubling, is that Trump has offered to pay the fees of the J6 rioters, He on record saying he will help with their legal fees. But the big issue is, some of those rioters might be potential witnesses. So basically, he saying, If you keep your trap shut, I will help you. Then again, Trump has problems paying his own fees. So whatever money those people may end up getting, will be someone else's money. But never his own.

This is why, he needs to be dealt with. And cut off his means of cash. And why I do hope the J6 indictments come soon. He can't get away with this.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 27. Jun 23, 08:28

Cannon has set a pre trial hearing for the docs case to July 14th. Also, she has refused to put the names of the whiteness who will testify under seal. Which means, once the news outlets get hold of the names, they will have targets on their backs.

I Hope this will be grounds to get her kicked off the case, as this to me shows bias, and doesn't take into account the danger that the whiteness are in, once their names are in the open. I hope this goes to the 11th circuit pronto. Those whiteness need to be protected. Otherwise, there probably going to be intimidation and death threats, and perhaps death. And Cannon will be the soul cause of that. She is walking on very thin ice.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 29. Jun 23, 01:31

matthewfarmery wrote:
Tue, 27. Jun 23, 08:28
she has refused to put the names of the whiteness who will testify under seal. Which means, once the news outlets get hold of the names, they will have targets on their backs.
This was exactly the correct move and I think Smith was expecting it, this is because he never gave a reasonable enough excuse for them to be sealed and as he has not given those names, he still has time to find and supply a good enough reason on why they should be sealed, so that was not a final decision on the matter.

So Trumps co-defendant was supposed to turn up at court on June 27 as he was not indicted at the same time as Trump as he did not have a Florida registered lawyer and was given until the 27 to find one, but as I said he didn't turn up, he had 3 excuses first he was stuck at the airport in New Jersey, second he still doesn't have lawyer which he says he is having problems finding one and thirdly that he has payment issues with another lawyer. So the Judge let him off and told him to appear on July 6 with a lawyer, so we will have to wait and see what happens. Personally, I think he is playing the court on behalf of DJT and I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up backfiring on him and put him in jail for contempt.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 29. Jun 23, 12:34

Giuliani reaches proffer agreement with Special Prosecutor

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/wat ... 5701957861

I think Trump will no doubt be very worried. From reports, Giuliani was pretty much in the centre of everything. So if he has flipped on Trump, Then this will be very damning. No doubt Trump if he hasn't already, will do an all caps rage on his former ally. But it does show that Jack Smith is inching closer to Trump. Especailly if Giuliani can place Trump in certain key events etc.

As for Nauta, I suspect he is trying to delay things, orders from Trump. I highly doubt he will flip on Trump, so Nauta is probably trying to delay things as long as possible. Which as you say, could very well backfire on him. As it will mean, that he and Trump have been talking about the case. Its going to be interesting on what happens on that new date? But I don't think the court will give Nauta much wiggle room. And if he does continue to try and delay things, he going to maybe find himself behind bars for a short while. (at least I hope so) as fines won't cut it.

edit

almost forgot, Trump is counter suing E Carroll for defamation, This is a bit tricky to word, on E Carroll's case, this is easy to prove. On Trump's case, he saying something on the lines that, because the court did not found he liable for rape, he should not have to pay anything. So, he saying that his reputation is been damaged due to this.

I don't see how this counter sue will work out for Trump, he will have to stand in court, and try and explains himself. And lets not forget, he ran twice. I personaaly hope the lawyer who did this gets smacked down hard.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 29. Jun 23, 19:39

Trump's doc defense crumbles as Meadows' memoir emerges

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch ... 5812037634

Another lie crumbles, and another Trump defence gets swept aside. At this rate, Trump might as well plead insanity.

Still, A good question asked mind, who is releasing the audio tapes? I highly doubt its Trump, at least from the fox interview, it sounds like it was news to him that there was any tape, and ran from the question, if he or his staff had released the tape, he might have come up with a better answer, or ready for the question. CNN would know who been releasing the tapes of course. But anyway, This whole documents case seems more and more open and shut.
=

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 29. Jun 23, 22:17

The trouble is, even if Trump is convicted, there is nothing in the law that says he couldn't serve his sentence in the White House. We already know that he won't accept the results if he loses the next election, so that puts us back to insurrection all over again. We already know that he'll turn over every stone looking for ways to delay the legal case against him, but if that doesn't work, and if he isn't re-elected, he will call for civil war.

In short, excluding health reasons, Trump isn't going away any time soon. If your dreams are pinned on Trump going to prison, you best quell your hopes.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 30. Jun 23, 00:33

Right now, that tape of Trump bragging about having a classified document on an attack on Iran may be inadmissible in a trial against trump in Florida. This is because the event happened outside of Florida and there are no charges relating to it, meaning if Trump's lawyers asked for it to be thrown out, it's more than likely that it would be. The only way Smith can guarantee the use of it as evidence is to actually charge Trump over it, but because the event happened in New Jersey he cannot charge him in Florida, and he would only be able to charge him in New Jersey, but only if he had enough evidence for a conviction. Now you are saying isn't Trump admitting to it is enough, I'm afraid not, especially as Trump is a known liar and is not shy about boasting about something that is not true just to make himself look good to others. Smith would need some kind of collaboration, like one of those in the room saying Trump showed them classified information, they would also probably need the actual file or some kind of evidence that the file existed but is now missing. Right now, we the public do not have any of that information or even know if those in the room at the time would collaborate with Smith against trump. So while it may be a smoking gun, at the same time it just might be a wet fart that will never see the light of day in a court of law let alone help with a conviction

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 30. Jun 23, 16:31

From reports, Jack Smith is going to bring another set of charges against Trump and his aides, from an early report, this may be between 30 to 45 extra charges on top of what Trump has already been charged with. Also, There could be another trial held outside of Florida, So the next trial could happen in New Jersey. And the other advantage of that is, it will be outside of loose cannons jurisdiction.

From what I read, the FBI didn't have enough motive to search his gold course there. But with more charges coming, then who knows? But I'm not sure if the extra charges are related to the docs case, or J6. I guess we will see in the coming days.
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 1. Jul 23, 19:44

Another bombshell report
Reacting to a report from the Washington Post that Donald Trump reportedly called Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) and tried to pressure him to overturn the 2020 presidential election results, set off a flurry of commentary on Saturday with most saying the DOJ has another investigation to launch if it hasn't already.

According to the the bombshell report, not only did the former president make a call, he also "repeatedly" attempted to get former vice president Mike Pence to join in on the pressure campaign and that Pence did call but did not press the issue.
Trump will say. that is another perfect call. But it doesn't surprise me that he did phone other states to pressure them, to overturn the results. And that Pence was party included in this. The DOJ needs to have a long talk with him as well. Hopefully Jack Smith is on the case.

Edit, the DOJ has a witness who saw the document that Trump was showing people(on the audio tape). Aide Susie Wiles is that witness. If she testifies against Trump, it will very likely lead to more charges against him. And the DOJ has already signalled more charges are coming. So this will blow a hole in Trump's defence, (it was newspaper clippings or I lied about having a classified document in my hand at the time.

So more hot water. Trump needs to be dealt with, but sadly, the US justice system is still a snails pace, and treating this POS with kid's gloves still. What is it going to take, before real action is taken against him?
=

Return to “Off Topic English”