Never, Ever, EVER...

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mattremote
x3

Post by Mattremote » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 11:27

Hmmm.... I've got a good one to contribute to this ancient food thread:

In February 2002 I went out to Kabul on a temporary duty to help reopen the US Embassy. The Embassy had been closed since January 1989. The place was not in great shape: the chancery was hit by a rocket and took a mortar bomb on the roof - right on top of the stairwell of course - and the Residence was used as an artillery target. But some devoted Afghan staff kept the Embassy more or less whole for those 13 years, and the closed up buildings were like a Time Capsule. Including the Commissary store.

When we unsealed the Commissary, we found the shelves still stocked. The mice ate all the cereal and boxed food, but cans and bottles were OK where they were protected from extreme heat and cold. I can tell you from personal experience that canned fruit in syrup holds up far better than tinned veggies, the wine did not age well at all and the 13-year old canned beer was hideous, but the booze was absolutely first rate. And in a "dry" city like Kabul, in the dead of winter, it went down very well with the even older military rations we consumed 'til we could hire someone to shop and cook for us.

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 11:57

I may of had the worse here. While I was err Drunk I mistaken some Gammon Steak for ham. Made a bap with it. And started eating uncooked Gammon :roll:

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 12:02

therjw wrote:I may of had the worse here. While I was err Drunk I mistaken some Gammon Steak for ham. Made a bap with it. And started eating uncooked Gammon :roll:
Nice. How are those tapeworms coming along?

I saw this thing on TV years ago about these british journalists in some european country. The hotel were trying to look after them, and wanted to give them the traditional english breakfast of Bacon & Eggs. But with the minor war on, supplies were limited. All they had was gamon, and egg-custard powder. So they gave them custard and part-cooked gammon for breakfast as a 'treat'. Yummy.
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

therjw
x2

Post by therjw » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 12:05

Them tapeworms coming along quite nicely thank you. Of corse they ended up getting the food poison. As I felt fine the next day :lol:

Akariel12
x2

Post by Akariel12 » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 12:47

About two months ago I had to house sit for my sister, wasnt so bad nice place. I was talking to one of my friends on the phone one morning. When I woke up and had heartburn, boy did that suck. So as I'm chit-chatting I walk to the fridge and grab the milk, that usually quells it. When I took my first drink I noticed that it tased a little sour so I natually looked at it only to find the milk was sticking to the side of the glass. Thankfully I didn't "toss my cookies" :x

private mofo
x2

Post by private mofo » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 17:51

i hate food poisoning. My Dad got it in Greece and because he is skinny they thought he had lost lots of weight and they told my Mum he might not make it before they had even done blood tests.(what idiots!!!) So don't eat dodgy doner kababs people
Dancing on the head of a pin is not a talent if the head of the pin is considerably larger then you........

ElectricMonk
x3tc

Post by ElectricMonk » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 19:19

Not strctly on topic, but I did once drink some mouthwash. Not a good idea.

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Tue, 1. Feb 05, 19:32

had food poisoning 2 times in 6 months..... first time was my first day of my first year at university

why oh why did i let my parents take me out for dinner the night before? :headbang:

Found the local A&E pretty quicky, and was damm close to having to be admited overnight..... didnt in the end though. Do you know what i regret though... i didnt think to get mobile numberd from any of the attractive nursing/doctor staff...... :(
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Some Strange Man
x3

Post by Some Strange Man » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 01:22

I haven't eaten anything off recently, but a few things that'll put you off anyway:

Seafood Tirrine. Had it at one of those all day assessment centres, so I never actually got a choice in the matter. Couldn't eat more than a single bite of each section of it. I have no idea what was actually in it, but from what I can remember tasting, it probably had seaweed, jellyfish and probably something like sea urchin as well. Truly disgusting!

Yak ribs: Spare ribs, but human skin colour.

Red onion soup: Ewwwie!

Jericho
x2

Post by Jericho » Wed, 2. Feb 05, 09:10

simonnance wrote:
i didnt think to get mobile numberd from any of the attractive nursing/doctor staff...... :(
Sexy Nurse 1 talking to Sexy Nurse 2:
"Hey Sexy Nurse 2, look at that stud throwing up into that bowl!"
"I know Sexy Nurse 1, I just emptied his bed ban and changed his dirty underwear! He's a real hunk!"
"Wow, both ends at once! I find that so attractive! I'd better give him my mobile number!"
"Oh no you don't Sexy Nurse 1, I saw him throwing up first. He's mine! You can have that stud in cubicle 4 with piles, I saw you eyeing him up."
"Fair enough Sexy Nurse 2".

:D
"I've got a bad feeling about this!" Harrison Ford, 5 times a year, trying to land his plane.

Return to “Off Topic English”