SETI units

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JTressy
x3

Post by JTressy » Sun, 29. May 05, 09:37

They've been having problems with databases and power cuts, so for days at a time you may not be able to get anything. It shouldn't remove units your pc hasn't finished, although when it updates, it will send any completed ones in, strange if it can do that but not download new ones...
Core 2 Duo E6420 - 2.13GHz
Sparkle X1950XT PCI-E 256MB
2GB PC5300 CL5
ASRock PT880 Ultra ATX
WD 200GB SATA
Win XP Pro

blazingstar
x2

Post by blazingstar » Sun, 29. May 05, 11:00

JTressy wrote:They've been having problems with databases and power cuts, so for days at a time you may not be able to get anything. It shouldn't remove units your pc hasn't finished, although when it updates, it will send any completed ones in, strange if it can do that but not download new ones...
It has been acting realy strange for me. I updated it in hope to get some WUS and did, got about 6 but then, it just took them away again. Taking all the ones that it gave me, back off me. So far it has removed around 15 unfinished ones

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Sun, 29. May 05, 21:54

what version are you using? I'm using either 4.19 or 4.43 (beta)... I've had a few problems with 4.25... try 4.43 (or later), it may help

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Mon, 30. May 05, 00:35

4.19 is working fine for me.

blazingstar
x2

Post by blazingstar » Mon, 30. May 05, 00:35

Etolf wrote:what version are you using? I'm using either 4.19 or 4.43 (beta)... I've had a few problems with 4.25... try 4.43 (or later), it may help
thank you, I am using version 4.25. I didn't realise there was any later versions, I will try that :wink:

blazingstar
x2

Post by blazingstar » Mon, 30. May 05, 01:59

I have updated to version 4.43 but still having the same problems with SETI. These are the messages that I am getting. Still not getting any WUs from SETI, and never had the message about the daily quota before. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Maybe I am doing something wrong but have changed anything or any settings

30/05/2005 9:52:11 AM||request_reschedule_cpus: project op
30/05/2005 9:52:11 AM||schedule_cpus: must schedule
30/05/2005 9:52:11 AM||earliest deadline: 1117802280.000000 H1_0811.5__0811.8_0.1_T08_Fin1_3
30/05/2005 9:52:12 AM|SETI@home|Requesting 432000.00 seconds of work
30/05/2005 9:52:12 AM|SETI@home|Sending scheduler request to http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah_cgi/cgi
30/05/2005 9:52:13 AM|SETI@home|Scheduler request to http://setiboinc.ssl.berkeley.edu/sah_cgi/cgi succeeded
30/05/2005 9:52:13 AM|SETI@home|Message from server: No work sent
30/05/2005 9:52:13 AM|SETI@home|Message from server: (daily quota of 22 WU reached)
30/05/2005 9:52:13 AM|SETI@home|No work from project
30/05/2005 9:52:13 AM|SETI@home|Deferring communication with project for 1 hours, 0 minutes, and 0 seconds

blazingstar
x2

Post by blazingstar » Mon, 30. May 05, 02:31

I have a problem some where cause I have about 70 WUs with CLIENT ERROR listed. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this or find out what the problem is?

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Mon, 30. May 05, 05:15

i think this has broken the record for most posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Mon, 30. May 05, 09:17

It's been going for awhile now. :)

....are you joining the team?

MrFrog
x3

Post by MrFrog » Mon, 30. May 05, 11:38

blazingstar wrote:I have a problem some where cause I have about 70 WUs with CLIENT ERROR listed. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this or find out what the problem is?
Are you running one of the optimised clients? If so you will get this error if you use the wrong one.

If you have tried to run one of the optimised clients, you MUST remove all traces of it before restarting Boinc.

Otherwise you will get the problem you are describing.... which is why you have "reached your daily quota" - you have loads of errored out WU's

blazingstar
x2

Post by blazingstar » Mon, 30. May 05, 13:32

MrFrog wrote:
blazingstar wrote:I have a problem some where cause I have about 70 WUs with CLIENT ERROR listed. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this or find out what the problem is?
Are you running one of the optimised clients? If so you will get this error if you use the wrong one.

If you have tried to run one of the optimised clients, you MUST remove all traces of it before restarting Boinc.

Otherwise you will get the problem you are describing.... which is why you have "reached your daily quota" - you have loads of errored out WU's
Thank you Mr Frog. I ended up deleting and re installing. I hope that this was the problem. At the moment I have 6 SETI WUS. I will keep an eye out on it to see if they disappear on me or not. I have updated SETI and have not been getting the above message anymore... I will keep an eye out on it and see if the problem is fixed.

Etolf
x3tc

Post by Etolf » Mon, 30. May 05, 18:17

TitanX3 wrote:i think this has broken the record for most posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's ancient history!!

@blazingstar
now I understand... there is a warning on the latest clients that you MUST delete your current client before installling the new ones... I'm guessing you missed it...

blazingstar
x2

Post by blazingstar » Tue, 31. May 05, 02:49

Etolf wrote:
TitanX3 wrote:i think this has broken the record for most posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's ancient history!!

@blazingstar
now I understand... there is a warning on the latest clients that you MUST delete your current client before installling the new ones... I'm guessing you missed it...
yes I did miss it, though I did delete it before installing but didn't delete it before I down loaded it. All seems to be running ok now though. But I have a question. on the old client it use to run two at a time by pausing one while it runs the other then visa a versa, but now it seems to be running one at a time, going down the list of WUS. It will wait until one is completely finished before starting on the next one on the list. Is this what the new client does?

Scarecrow
x4

Deleting comps

Post by Scarecrow » Tue, 31. May 05, 14:47

I'm sure this has been asked before....but I ain't agonna dig through all that to find it.

Due to various re-formats and re-installs, I have a few duped comps listed.
Can I safely delte the ones that have a "delete" option available to them? Without losing the accrued score for that comp?

I would think that it would be safe or else the option wouldn't be there.
I would sure hate to lose a few 10k's of score.

....just can't bring myself to push the button.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 31. May 05, 15:17

Well BOINC is currently facing the chop. Believe it or not it's been disconnecting my ADSL! (No, the option to hang up is not selected)

The problems started right after I installed BOINC, and coincide with the completion of a WU or update. Basically BOINC is hanging up the connection AND crashing the line. I've disabled BOINC, and the problem has gone away.

"BOINC shouldn't be able to do that", I know, but it started when it was installed, goes away when it's disabled. All signs point to BOINC right now. I'm gonna leave it disabled for a couple of days, and if my connection holds I'll then reactivate it. If then it disconencts me, then bye-bye BOINC. :(

I'm tempted to revert back to the SETI client for now.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Scarecrow
x4

Post by Scarecrow » Tue, 31. May 05, 15:21

Is classic SETI still available?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 31. May 05, 15:22

Dunno, but I back up install files of everything. I still have it, it's just are the WU's there?

MrFrog
x3

Re: Deleting comps

Post by MrFrog » Tue, 31. May 05, 16:55

Scarecrow wrote:I'm sure this has been asked before....but I ain't agonna dig through all that to find it.

Due to various re-formats and re-installs, I have a few duped comps listed.
Can I safely delte the ones that have a "delete" option available to them? Without losing the accrued score for that comp?

I would think that it would be safe or else the option wouldn't be there.
I would sure hate to lose a few 10k's of score.

....just can't bring myself to push the button.
Best thing is to merge the old ones with new ones, that seems to work when I've done it....

MrFrog
x3

Post by MrFrog » Tue, 31. May 05, 16:57

esd wrote:Well BOINC is currently facing the chop. Believe it or not it's been disconnecting my ADSL! (No, the option to hang up is not selected)

The problems started right after I installed BOINC, and coincide with the completion of a WU or update. Basically BOINC is hanging up the connection AND crashing the line. I've disabled BOINC, and the problem has gone away.

"BOINC shouldn't be able to do that", I know, but it started when it was installed, goes away when it's disabled. All signs point to BOINC right now. I'm gonna leave it disabled for a couple of days, and if my connection holds I'll then reactivate it. If then it disconencts me, then bye-bye BOINC. :(

I'm tempted to revert back to the SETI client for now.
How is your ADSL modem connected to your PC? (Your running ME if I remeber correctly ??)

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 31. May 05, 19:08

USB modem.
(Your running ME if I remeber correctly ??)
I certainly am not and I resent the implication! :P

My computer is a dual-boot of XP-Pro and 98SE. K's computer (the one running BOINC, and the ICS host) is running ME.

No, I'm not putting the modem on my machine, coz that means I can't play and surf (I disable and unplug the network, kill my firewall and windows explorer to tease more FPS out of games). It also means I can't play and download.

In short, if it turns out to be BOINC, then that machine isn't gonna see any BOINCing ever again, the poor thing.

BOINC *****ed my ADSL - Ironic? :rofl:

Return to “Off Topic English”